Rugster

Over the last couple of days I watched all the American Pie movies:

American Pie

American Pie 2

American Pie: The Wedding

American Pie Presents: Band Camp

American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile

American Pie Presents: Beta House

The first three American Pie films are classics but other three are nothing without the real Stifmeister. :lol:

The new ones in filming, with Louise Lytton featuring!

sorry the mark was 1 out of 10 used the wrong punctuation. either way it is shite on an epic scale

I looked on its IMDb page and clicked on MyAnna Buring, they are making a sequel to 'The Descent'. Now I feel sad. :(

Let the right one in = 7.5/10

hard one to score*, swedish film based on a book about a 12 year old boy who gets bullied and befriends a young vampire. Falls under the horror bracket but is more based around their friendship. Very well shot will a couple of outstanding scenes - 1 involving a lot of cats and the other is a scene near the end in a swimming pool. :huh:;)

*noted it gets 98% on rotten tomatoes

I looked on its IMDb page and clicked on MyAnna Buring, they are making a sequel to 'The Descent'. Now I feel sad. :(

Because you didn't like the first ? Or because you don't think it can work. I'm certainly gutted because of the second option, but thought The Descent was a terrific movie.

The Fall (2006)

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/audiosilk/thefall.jpg

Such is the nature is of this movie, it requires 2 separate mentions, firstly, the story is pretty fascinating, and very well acted, the way real life and imagination intertwines and collides is brilliantly done - 8/10 for the story.

secondly, the visuals, this is one of the most beautifully shot movies you are ever likely to see, right up there with 2001 and The Fountain for example, and easily my favourite - 10/10 for visuals.

Overall this deserves a 9/10 - highly recommended.

Because you didn't like the first ? Or because you don't think it can work. I'm certainly gutted because of the second option, but thought The Descent was a terrific movie.

I didn't love it as I'm pretty claustrophobic, but it was decent (7/10), I just don't see where they go which wasn't done in the first film without having the creatures evolve in some more ludicrous way and maybe bring the Creeper to go that extra mile!

The Fall (2006)

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/audiosilk/thefall.jpg

Such is the nature is of this movie, it requires 2 separate mentions, firstly, the story is pretty fascinating, and very well acted, the way real life and imagination intertwines and collides is brilliantly done - 8/10 for the story.

secondly, the visuals, this is one of the most beautifully shot movies you are ever likely to see, right up there with 2001 and The Fountain for example, and easily my favourite - 10/10 for visuals.

Overall this deserves a 9/10 - highly recommended.

That good, for the guy's first attempt at feature length cinematography?

Sounds like it'll be worth watching.

Trees

A parody/tribute/spoof of Jaws in which it's a tree that's doing the killing. The scenes where the dialogue is word for word to that of Jaws (often with tree terms in place of shark terms) worked really well although it's clearly a film to watch while consuming a large amount of alcohol. VERY cheap budget and some of it is too rubbish to work, but it's entertaining.

An enjoyable 5/10

The Warriors

Hadn't seen it for years and plumped for the original as opposed to the newer 'Director's Cut'. It's a very quotable film and those bits of dialogue haven't lessened in their amusement factor over the years. It has a watchable running time of under 90 minutes and is often a hoot. I had forgotten how much running and how little fighting they did.

7.5/10

Juno

I wanted to hate this film, the whole concept and central character struck me as being mildly irritating and more than a little smug. However after about five minutes I was won over by the charm, heart and tenderness of this indie flick. I laughed out loud six or seven times, which is a pretty high rate. The soundtrack is fantastic too. Genuinely brilliant.

7/10

Logan's Run (1976)

This was very, very odd. The characterisation was good and you actually cared about them by the end, but what the fucking hell was the robot all about? :lol:

It was okay it parts, and so bad it was funny in others.

A safe 6/10, but the shitty robot and the nonsensical totalitarian organisation means it can't go any higher!

EDIT: Just noticed it's being remade next year, although it has been on the table since 2000 so it may not happen...

Edited by SaltyTON