What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Far better than the recent remake, but still nothing special. Great performances from Sutherland and Goldblum, but it was about 20 minutes too long, at 115 minutes, with nothing much happening. A point off as well for a really fucking bad ending.

5/10

RocknRolla

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. It's very well shot, and the cast seem to be having a good time. Gerard Butler and Idris Elba work really well together as the two small time crooks. Tom Wilkinson has a ball as the top "gangster". It's very funny in parts as well.

It's no masterpiece and it's not quite as clever as it thinks it is, but it's worth a shout.

Great soundtrack too.

7/10

Far better than the recent remake, but still nothing special. Great performances from Sutherland and Goldblum, but it was about 20 minutes too long, at 115 minutes, with nothing much happening. A point off as well for a really fucking bad ending.

5/10

I think the ending is great

5/10

It's a good ending and if you take 20 mins off the end you miss out on some norkage ;)

7/10

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days - a solid 7.5/10

This, along with 2 Weeks Notice, is how to make a chick flick that is amusing enough to hold a man's attention without insulting him. The 2 leads are great.

Suggest it if the missus is insisting on a movie she'd like.

Everyone knows that Legally Blonde or Music and Lyrics are the best chick flicks for guys.

EDIT: Notable mentions to Mean Girls and Cruel Intentions.

Edited by Gaz

Everyone knows that Legally Blonde or Music and Lyrics are the best chick flicks for guys.

EDIT: Notable mentions to Mean Girls and Cruel Intentions.

I'd class Mean Girls and Cruel Intentions in the Teen flick section (still good films). Music and Lyrics has Drew Barrymore? Not good in my book. She's a bit Joey.

I watched Death Sentence last night on Sky Premier.

Not usually into Kevin Bacon movies... well apart from tremors when i was like 10, but this film was really decent.

Good story line to it... guys son gets murdered by a gang during a robbery, the dad goes nuts wants revenge and kills them all.smashin

7/10

Edited by Maleybhoy

American Beauty (again).

The best film I've seen yet; the characters are incredibly well-rounded (Ricky Fitts being the best of a strong bunch), the dialogue is razor-sharp and the acting is of such a high quality you feel like you're watching a fly-on-the-wall documentary about the disintegration of an American family.

Full of brilliant moments; the best one being Ricky filming Jane through the window. Jane's more "attractive" friend Angela poses at the window for Ricky's camcorder; however, Ricky trains the lens on a mirror containing Jane's reflection instead. :) The film's full of those feelgood moments and gains a 10/10 from me.

Halloween ( 2007 )

This movie is simply not very good. Falls at the first hurdle when it delves too deep into the mind of the young Michael Myers, and the reasons he did what he did. Falls at the second hurdle when Rob Zombie doesn't seem to realise that the cliches worked back then because 1) the script was far better, 2) the suspense was built better and 3) the cliches were fairly new at the time. There's not much happening when Myers hits the town and outside of the deaths, is there any scenes to care about ? No. The ending is also terrible, and where Rob Zombie tries to make disturbing, he makes hilarious. It gets a 1/10 on IMDB because you NEED to rate it there. On here, it gets no such luck.

0/10

I decided to watch this again and get my own views on it.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers ( 1978 )

There's lots to both like, and dislike about this movie, but the good outweighs the bad. It has a boatload of suspense, even if the first 30 minutes is sadly lacking. Then the paranoia kicks in, and you're suddenly aware that everyone around could possibly be caught. The gradual downfall of the good guys is apparent, and there's an awesome scene with

the dog

which is terrifying right in the midst of it all, and it is in exactly the right time, as it helps to push the tension right through the roof.

Onto the ending, and I can't imagine what's wrong with it. I reckon it's the perfect ending to the movie, and don't see how it could possibly have been done any different.

7/10

Deep River Savages 3/10

Very poor cannibal film, only one person got munched in it and not much else happened apart from the lovely Me Me Lai being naked for the duration of the film and running about a lot, the only reason it merited a couple of points.

Halloween ( 2007 )

This movie is simply not very good. Falls at the first hurdle when it delves too deep into the mind of the young Michael Myers, and the reasons he did what he did. Falls at the second hurdle when Rob Zombie doesn't seem to realise that the cliches worked back then because 1) the script was far better, 2) the suspense was built better and 3) the cliches were fairly new at the time. There's not much happening when Myers hits the town and outside of the deaths, is there any scenes to care about ? No. The ending is also terrible, and where Rob Zombie tries to make disturbing, he makes hilarious. It gets a 1/10 on IMDB because you NEED to rate it there. On here, it gets no such luck.

0/10

I decided to watch this again and get my own views on it.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers ( 1978 )

There's lots to both like, and dislike about this movie, but the good outweighs the bad. It has a boatload of suspense, even if the first 30 minutes is sadly lacking. Then the paranoia kicks in, and you're suddenly aware that everyone around could possibly be caught. The gradual downfall of the good guys is apparent, and there's an awesome scene with

the dog

which is terrifying right in the midst of it all, and it is in exactly the right time, as it helps to push the tension right through the roof.

Onto the ending, and I can't imagine what's wrong with it. I reckon it's the perfect ending to the movie, and don't see how it could possibly have been done any different.

7/10

It's been a while since I've seen Invasion of the Body Snatchers but I agree pretty much with what you say there. You're far too generous with your rating for Zombie's Halloween. I'm a bit biased because the original has a very special place in my life but his effort is a pathetic mess (that is getting a sequel - though not by him).

Doomsday ( 2008 )

The primitive idiots in Glasgow are like something out of Mad Max. The rockstar feeling in there is laughable and a MAJOR downside to the whole thing. Then you have the PM's right hand man, who's accent is pathetic. The movie really isn't very good and I don't know where all of the fuss has come from about it. The use of "Two Tribes" is excellent. Other saving graces ? The massive climatic battles on the road. The excessive gore, which ISN'T overdone, making it seem more sick when it IS included. These good points are outweighed by the bad.

3/10