What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

No Country for Old Men 8/10

Really good Coen brothers movie set in the late 70's about a guy (Josh Brolin) who stumbles across a disastrous drugs deal and sets off a chain of events when he decides to keep the $2 million cash that he finds.

With a sociopathic killer (Oscar winner Javier Bardem) hot on his heels, the guy has to protect his family and try and escape with the loot, with Tommy Lee Jones (who I read is suing the filmmakers for money he claims he didn't get from this film) as the sheriff also out to try and help him.

A really good movie and another example of the sort of good stuff the Coen brothers make. Bardem especially stood out for me.

After this I watched...

Michael Clayton 7/10

George Clooney as a law firm's "Mr Fixit" after an old lawyer pal (The Full Monty's Tom Wilkinson) goes insane working on a massive lawsuit. Clooney discovers that his pal was involved in a conspiracy as he built a case against the firm he was meant to defend, with the firm themselves out to stop him, led by Tilda Swinton.

Of course when the firm discover that Clooney knows what's going on, they try to kill him too and it leads to a great conclusion.

A couple of really good films and a big thanks to HMV for having them in theie 3 for £20 deal :D

No Country for Old Men 8/10

Really good Coen brothers movie set in the late 70's about a guy (Josh Brolin) who stumbles across a disastrous drugs deal and sets off a chain of events when he decides to keep the $2 million cash that he finds.

With a sociopathic killer (Oscar winner Javier Bardem) hot on his heels, the guy has to protect his family and try and escape with the loot, with Tommy Lee Jones (who I read is suing the filmmakers for money he claims he didn't get from this film) as the sheriff also out to try and help him.

A really good movie and another example of the sort of good stuff the Coen brothers make. Bardem especially stood out for me.

After this I watched...

Michael Clayton 7/10

George Clooney as a law firm's "Mr Fixit" after an old lawyer pal (The Full Monty's Tom Wilkinson) goes insane working on a massive lawsuit. Clooney discovers that his pal was involved in a conspiracy as he built a case against the firm he was meant to defend, with the firm themselves out to stop him, led by Tilda Swinton.

Of course when the firm discover that Clooney knows what's going on, they try to kill him too and it leads to a great conclusion.

A couple of really good films and a big thanks to HMV for having them in theie 3 for £20 deal :D

Incidentally, the other film I got in this deal was..

Three 7/10

Kelly Brook and Billy Zane as a married couple trapped on a desert island with the fella I think used to be in River City, who Kelly cops off with halfway through.

To be honest, the plot and story of the film is absolutely dreadful and I lost interest and the only thing, nay, the only two things worth watching in this pish are what's kept in Kelly's bikini, which she flounces about in throughout. For the record that's the only reason why I gave it a high marking.

In all honesty, her bikini acts her out the thing altogether.

Come on, did you really think I'd buy it for the plot? :lol:

Martin (1977)

A non-zombie effort from George Romero. But he doesn't stray too far....this one's about a vampire.

A bit perplexing but one of these films where the surreal surroundings are just as important as the actual plot.

6/10

Edited by centralparker

I thought the film was totally bollocks. Can someone please tell me what's funny about spider-pig?

I agree with you. I don't think i laughed once - and i even fell asleep during it. Won't be going back to see what i missed either.

Recently i have seen:-

Jumper - 6/10. Pretty entertaining film. Hasn't Jamie Bell changed since Billy Elliott however lol.

In the Valley of Ellah - gruesome storyline. Absolutely fantastic performance from Tommy Lee Jones - far better than No country (in my opinion). Despite being older, Charlise Theron is still damn hot. 8/10.

Rogue - 5/10

Totally different killer croc film to Black Water. Big CGI crocodile picks off tourists from a boat tour who have stumbled into its territory. Every attack is expected and nothing new about it at all.

Loses marks for having really annoying characters and a dire ending.

Edited by Gall09

Play Misty For Me ( 1971 )

Mental. I've not seen much of Jessica Walter, but she's amazing here as the complete and utter maniac. Clint Eastwood is a pretty shitty actor, but is at least reliable at getting the point across, so his shitty acting doesn't hurt the movie. It's a pretty tense movie at times. Worth a watch.

7/10

Die, Monster, Die! (1965)

Written by the lunatic HP Lovecraft, but wasn't what I expected from this film.

Karloff was pretty good as the crazy old man, a role which suited him down to the ground!

It was pretty cheesy so I'll give it the same rating that I gave to the other Lovecraft film I've seen (City of the Living Dead)

3/10

Crash (2004/I)

Far more powerful than I had expected it be, with a wonderful performance from the brilliant Don Cheadle.

Ludacris also was unexpectedly brilliant.

I can't fault this film at all, everything just fell perfectly in to place.

10/10

Crash (2004/I)

Far more powerful than I had expected it be, with a wonderful performance from the brilliant Don Cheadle.

Ludacris also was unexpectedly brilliant.

I can't fault this film at all, everything just fell perfectly in to place.

10/10

Wow, the world is coming to an end - i agree with one of your reviews :lol:

You Don't Miss With The Zohan ( 2008 )

Really stupid, but do you really expect anything less ? It's actually got some amazingly funny moments while he's in Israel the first time.

Kicking a guy into a wall in anger for example.

. When he gets to NYC, it goes downhill. That is untill Rob Schneider and his pals turn up. It doesn't go FAR uphill after that, but there's at least some fun moments to bring the movie above shite.

4/10

Batman Begins ( 2005 )

A good beginning to a new series of Batman movies, with everyone on top form. Cilian Murphy stands out though, as Scarecrow. Also love the hint of what's to come in the next movie when Bale and Oldman meet. The fear effects that come in are pretty excellent. The build up of the character of Batman is a bit boring at times, but when he gets to Gotham, the movie becomes excellent.

8/10

Guest Ally's honest man
Batman Begins ( 2005 )

A good beginning to a new series of Batman movies, with everyone on top form. Cilian Murphy stands out though, as Scarecrow. Also love the hint of what's to come in the next movie when Bale and Oldman meet. The fear effects that come in are pretty excellent. The build up of the character of Batman is a bit boring at times, but when he gets to Gotham, the movie becomes excellent.

8/10

Totally agree but wait until you see the dark knight then.

Also 8/10 for both