What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Speed Racer ( 2008 )

A wild ride. Takes a while to get used to the style that the story is told, but once you get used to it, it's very enjoyable. It's a very colourful movie, and this can be a distraction at times, but during the races, it's absolutely spectacular. Deadly serious at times, and absolutely great fun in a split second later. It helps that the plot surrounding all of this madness is actually pretty simple and well played out. This movie has taken a lot of shit, so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't only a good movie, but it was actually a brilliant way to spend two hours.

9/10

EDIT : Upped the score by a point. It's an amazing piece of work, and as soon as I posted that rating, I knew I was gonna be back on and putting the score up. I could go on all day about how much I loved it, and the only reason I've decided against the full whammy is because of the difficulty getting through that first 20 minutes. From there on in, it's all good.

Edited by DomDom

Mimic 2 (2001) (V)

Contained too much similarity to the first one, albeit a diffferent setting (school as opposed to the subway). Straight in the action from the get go, no time to care about anyone in the film.

5/10

Mimic: Sentinel (2003) (V)

Spent about 45 minutes building up a rapport with the characters, and gave a new dimension to the bugs. Allowing them to learn, which helped them to bring a lot more interesting characters into the story.

Lance Henriksen suffers the most gruesome death in the trilogy!

Small problem with the bad forensics as someone hiding in a fridge for hours throughout a fire in the kitchen, would have died of suffocation well before the CDC found him.

However I'll let them off with it for Alexis Dziena being in it. :wub I could even accept that irritating bint Amanda Plummer being in it, as she gets impaled by the bug, then set on fire by Lance Henriksen :lol:

7/10

Vacancy ( 2007 )

NOT a nice film. Far from a nice film. Boring actually. After the first 15 minutes, all I could think was "I hope these people die a terrible death". At least they don't suffer from horror movie idiocy like so many people in these movies. There is absolutely nothing sinister about the bad guys, which is a shame since they actually film snuff movies ( quite scary ones too ) in a motel. Should be sinister enough, but that would be for actors that are any good. Not good.

1/10

Hancock ( 2008 )

They spend the first 45 minutes REALLY building this thing, and it's brilliantly done as well, with Will Smith being his usual awesome self. Then it hits a stumbling block and while the movie is still entertaining enough, you can't help but feel they sped up the movie to get it done in a certain time, which is a crying shame as if played out properly, this could have been rated higher. As it stands, this is still very entertaining stuff.

7/10

Vacancy

Thought it was not bad, a film that required no effort to watch. Could have done with Kate Beckinsale getting a bit dirty though, she's gorgeous.

6/10

The Kingdom

I thought this was excellent. Jamie Foxx is excellent, and it's really well shot. I'd recommend this one.

8/10

Monster

Older one, but just caught up with it. What a performance from Charlize Theron. Ricci is good too, and it's dark as f**k. Great acting.

8/10

You must be dead inside
Why? The Simpsons has been crap since about season 9. The movie was an episode's worth of jokes spread over an hour and a half.

I know where you're both coming from.

I thought the movie was ok, I laughed quite a lot during it so that's a good sign, but at the same time it wasn't a patch on any of the truly classic episodes from earlier seasons.

I saw Step Brothers last night. I thought it looked terrible but some of my pals wanted to see it and there was nothing else on, but it was actually quite funny.

6/10

Thought it was not bad, a film that required no effort to watch.

I'm not sure this part is true. It took me a lot of effort not to turn the movie over.

Unfortunately I smell a sequel, going by the ending.

I wouldn't say unfortunately. It gives someone else the chance to have a decent shot at the idea.

I saw Get Smart - basically a Jonny English style film. Predictable but funny in places. I got it "free" with my Cineworld card so wasn't too fussed at being somewhat let down as I still laughed a fair amount throughout. 5/10

Other half bought Employee of the Month (I think) with Jessica Simpson. God Awful. - a lot / 10.

ON the train home last night i watched Black Hawk Down 8/10 - quality film one of the best war movies made in the last 20 years.

Also watched Horton Hears A Who 6/10 - Hilarious in some places but overall a bit patchy. Good for a giggle though.

The Love Guru 6/10

Film was far from critically acclaimed, however I found it a good chill out and laugh at ridiculous gags kinda film. Mike Myers seems to be going downhill but still pulls off an acceptable performance. Would reccomend to anyone who just wants to slap on a film and relax mindlessly.

Being John Malkovicj - 7/10

Bought this film about a year ago and have just got round to watching it. The film is quite strange to say the least and had the potential to be a terrible film. It is however a pretty good film that throws up a few laugh out loud moments towards the start then gets a bit darker as thefilm goes on.

Tropic Thunder (2008)

Was expecting this to be the worst thing ever after you see the cast list, but it actually far funnier than it had any right to be!

Was sitting at a pretty solid 6/10, but when Stiller runs back to the encampment to get his "son", that scene is worth the extra point!

7/10

Comes out in the UK on the 19th (two weeks today)