What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Shi mian mai fu (2004)

Known in this country as House of Flying Daggers, but it's in Mandarin with English subtitles, so we'll call it by it's Mandarin name.

Just a brilliant film, which would have been a higher score but for it losing a mark under the Event Horizon rule.

Definitely worth a watch!

8/10

Is that the one with the lassie that flaps sheets at people, if it is it was terrible.

Stayed up until half 7 in the morning having been drinking from the end of the game on Saturday, and in between the vodka and the conversations watched Pulp Fiction and This Is Spinal Tap, two films I haven't seen in a while and love. Both get a 9/10.

The Island (2005)

Some great acting from a long list of known faces (see below), but the stupidest fucking plot you'll ever come across.

Ewan McGregor

Scarlett Johansson

Sean Bean

Steve Buscemi

Shawnee Smith

Djomon Hounsou (Gladiator and Eragon)

Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile)

Ethan Phillips (Neelix in Star Trek: Voyager)

Given I want to kill Michael Bay (look what the p***k is producing soon!!), it's understandable that I might rate this lowly, but I loved Transformers so I can't be that biased!

5/10

the prestige

i hate hugh jackman but i really enjoyed this movie, there were alot of twists and turns in the story with a very unpredictable ending. Very good with parts which i think if you watch again would see some of the hints and foreshadowing that led to the ending.

All in all, one the best films i ve seen in a while

9 out of 10

Hoop dreams.

Fantastic documentary film about 2 kids from the ghetto trying to make it as NBA stars.

Had never heard of it before , but it was absolutely great. Best film ive seen in ages.

Anyone else ever seen it?

10/10

Edited by mungo

Gobshite 3/10

An english gangster and his cronies take over a pub in Ireland to try and spy on a rich regular, the locals and the previous owners aren't happy about this and take revenge.

Edited by uberman

"My name's Dale... But you have to call me Dragon."

The bit with the tuxedos is fucking inspired. "Pan? or Pam?" "No Dude, its Panmb. Like comb."

"Boats 'n' hos!"

Yeah, it was all brilliant!

step brothers

absolutly brilliant, couldnt stop laughing all the way through. top film

10/10

Im glad someone agrees with me about a film :D

Shrooms

I pretty wierd film with a twist at the end which i wasnt expecting. 7/10

Yeah, it was all brilliant!

Im glad someone agrees with me about a film :D

Shrooms

I pretty wierd film with a twist at the end which i wasnt expecting. 7/10

Doubt you'll find anyone that agrees with your rating for that steaming pile of shite!

The Fallen (2004)

A fairly boring wee WW2 film set on the Goth border in Northern Italy, in which we follow an Italian group forced to put up with a German group to fight the Americans and Italian partisans.

You hear the story from all sides with everyone talking in their own language instead of the usual American way of making everyone speak English.

Completely unknown cast who do a fairly good job, in a film saved only by the dull story being told from 3 different points of view.

5/10

The Hillside Strangler (2004)

So cheesy and bad, that it was actually good. Basically an excuse for a lot of nudity with some back story thrown in to make it seem like it was making you actually give a f**k over whether they caught the Hillside Strangler!

3/10

Lethal Weapon 4 ( 1997 )

I'm tiring of this series. Which makes me glad it's over after this. The Rock/Pesci scenes were awesome though. One of the few times that I've managed to stand what Chris Rock does. It's not a bad movie, but it IS on the shallow side. With no real plot to speak of for most of the way. Just explosions, car chases and action. Some of the action is good. The scene with the car going through the building in particular. It's a disappointing end to the series though.

5/10

Here's a few films I've seen in the last few weeks.

The Departed - Great film with an excellent cast. Mark Wahlberg is superb as the staff sargent. Scorsese's best film since Goodfellas. 10/10

300 - Well filmed and some great action throughout. Better than Sin City for this Frank Miller adaptation. 8/10

American Gangster - Set in New York in the late 60's/ early 70's based on a true events of how the drug scene changed, good cops and bent cops. Denzil Washington played his role of the drug boss better than I thought he would. 8/10

Deathproof - I'm a bit of a Tarantino fan so I enjoyed this. Kurt Russell is good as Stuntman Mike. Lots of sexy chicks and crazy car driving/crashes with some cool music. 9/10

We Own the Night - Joquin Pheonix and Mark Wahlberg are brothers one lives a drug lifestyle the other is a cop set in late 80's New York . They ally together to bust a Russian drug lord who has made it personel. Good film, great 80's soundtrack and the rather sexy Eva Mendes. :wub: 8/10