What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Went to see Crash tonight (not the David Cronenberg one!)

Liked it, it is similar in structure to Magnolia and Traffic in that it introduces various characters of different backgrounds, and eventually their lives overlap. Mostly about racial attitudes in LA, characters are black cop, racist white cop, white DA, two black hoodlums, hispanic locksmith and Persian shopkeeper. And a chinaman.

Interesting to see how their attitudes change as the film goes on, down to the scenarios that arise. It's more to the point than Magnolia.

Overall quite impressed, well worth watching IMO. 8/10 :D

Went to see Crash tonight (not the David Cronenberg one!)

Liked it, it is similar in structure to Magnolia and Traffic in that it introduces various characters of different backgrounds, and eventually their lives overlap. Mostly about racial attitudes in LA, characters are black cop, racist white cop, white DA, two black hoodlums, hispanic locksmith and Persian shopkeeper. And a chinaman.

Interesting to see how their attitudes change as the film goes on, down to the scenarios that arise. It's more to the point than Magnolia.

Overall quite impressed, well worth watching IMO. 8/10  :D

669646[/snapback]

I agree with what you said. For the persians main story line, (trying not to give it away here) it was interesting to see the attitude that people called him a b*****d in the cinema (out loud) but not thinking why he was persuaded to do what he did. I thought the black hoodlums were funny too. :)

I agree with what you said. For the persians main story line, (trying not to give it away here) it was interesting to see the attitude that people called him a b*****d in the cinema (out loud) but not thinking why he was persuaded to do what he did. I thought the black hoodlums were funny too. :)

669719[/snapback]

Yeah, it's a cliche to talk about rappers being good actors, but the fantastically named Ludacris is excellent in this film. :D

I watched 'Taking Lives' last night with Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke.

Could have been a whole lot better, Angelina played quite a quirky character but the plot twist was soo obvious. Oliver Martinez was good as a French Canadian cop.

5/10, would have been 4 but an extra point for the gorgeous Miss Jolie getting her kit off :D

Yeah, it's a cliche to talk about rappers being good actors, but the fantastically named Ludacris is excellent in this film.  :D

669776[/snapback]

Rappers make terrible actors!

Have you never seen Leprechaun In Da Hood or Hallowe'en Resurrection?

670033[/snapback]

Nope - but consider them added to my list of Must See Movies ;):D

I was thinking more of the plaudits thrown at Ice Cube and 2Pac a few years back. And Biz Markie's cameo in the second Men in Black film.....

Is it worth starting a thread on this? I won't be satisfied til I've seen every film with LL Cool J in it... :P;)

670033[/snapback]

I think if Pacino was in in Leprechaun in the hood, it wouldnt make much difference with that title.

Nope - but consider them added to my list of Must See Movies  ;)  :D

I was thinking more of the plaudits thrown at Ice Cube and 2Pac a few years back. And Biz Markie's cameo in the second Men in Black film.....

Is it worth starting a thread on this? I won't be satisfied til I've seen every film with LL Cool J in it...  :P  ;)

670039[/snapback]

LL Cool J - Hallowe'en H2O and Rollerball <_<

Ice Cube - Anaconda and Ghosts of Mars <_<

Busta Rhymes - Hallowe'en Resurrection <_<

IceT - Leprechaun in da hood <_<

I think if Pacino was in in Leprechaun in the hood, it wouldnt make much difference with that title.

670051[/snapback]

Decent comedy horror, but the acting from the rapper was terrible!

Warwick Davis makes these movies, so the rest of the cast just need to play their parts reasonably well to make them funny!

LL Cool J - Hallowe'en H2O and Rollerball <_<

Ice Cube - Anaconda and Ghosts of Mars <_<

Busta Rhymes - Hallowe'en Resurrection <_<

IceT - Leprechaun in da hood <_<

670056[/snapback]

Fair play - but by the same token:

LL Cool J - In Too Deep

Ice Cube - Boyz in the Hood

Busta Rhymes - Narc

Ice T - New Jack City

All of which I liked..... :D