What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Eraserhead (1977)

David Lynch's debut feature film, and a pretty crazy one that has set the tone for much of his subsequent films. Typically described as having "Nightmarish Vision", there are bits that are (perhaps unintentionally) hilarious. Like many of his films the plot isn't linear and seems to flit between reality and fantasy.

I can see why people would see it as intentionally weird and too abstract but I love the dream like nature, the fact that it's just a series of ideas that create a mood and the intensity that it has, it's easy to get lost in. The sound plays a big part, the whole film seems to take place in an industrial setting and there's always background noise that can be a bit suffocating.

I'd give it a 9/10, but then I'm a Lynch fan, I'd imagine it's not to most people's tastes.

Troll 2 (1990)

The first one was a fun fantasy film along the lines of Willow and Krull.

The second one, they've given the directing duties to an Italian horror director (whose CV is terrible) and made it very dark, but without being scary. Kept it as a fantasy film, but without being fun.

Just totally destroyed all the good aspects of the first one, which hopefully Beuchler gets back when he remakes his 1986 effort next year.

Due to the terrible acting in Troll 2 you get some accidental laugh out loud moments,

so 3/10

Went to the cinema to see the mist last night.

after a storm a strange mist comes down from the mountain and envelopes a small town with horrible things walking around in it.

the ending is great.and here it is!

After having a hellish time trapped in a supermarket with different creatures trying to get in 5 people try to make a break for it through the mist.

they get to a car and decide to drive until the petrol runs out and see can they get through it.

eventually the car conks out and the driver gets his gun out with only four bullets he shoots the other four people in the car including his son.then steps out the car into the mist waiting for the creatures to come for him.

5 seconds later a tank rolls past him and the mist clears to reveal hundreds of army guys and rescuers.

poor guy.

id give it 8/10

Donkey Punch.

Rubbish, but the scene with the donkey punch and the scenes that shortly follow are some of the funniest things I've ever seen.

4/10.

Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Far better than the first one, loved the map that the president was looking at.

Where are the hostages, and points to an unnamed strip of land between Iraq and "Hard Place", with nothing said at all.

Also when they are all jumping out the plane shouting "Geronimo", then an indian jumps out shouting "Me" :lol:

9/10

Been to see about 5 or 6 films in the last two weeks making good use of the Cineworld card so I'll list them here plus ratings:

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10

Wanted - 5/10

Hancock - 6/10

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - 6/10

Journey to the Centre of the Earth (World?) 3D - 6/10

Going to see Wall - E tonight.

Return to the Lost World (1992)

Decent sequel to The Lost World. Based on an Arthur Conan Doyle novel, which is currently being serialised on Scifi (I think). Anything with John Rhys Davies being condescending is always funny, but the film is fun enough (same as the first one) to be worth a 6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Black Sheep

New Zealand horror spoof about man-eating sheep

6/10

Just downloaded The Onion Movie and will try to watch it later

1/10 for Black Sheep, was awful! As a horror film, and as a spoof.

Me and Boy Bloo were in kinks at times it was soooooo bad :lol::lol::lol:

So bad it's good, surely doesn't make it 6/10

My rough rule for rating (with a well enough known horror example)...

10/10 = Exceptional (Dawn of the Dead)

9/10 = Excellent (Cube)

8/10 = Great (Halloween)

7/10 = Very Good (The Hitcher)

6/10 = Good (The Fog)

5/10 = Passable (Razor Blade Smile)

4/10 = Not quite passable (Cabin Fever)

3/10 = Poor (Shrooms)

2/10 = Crap (The Driller Killer)

1/10 = Absolute shite (The Blair Witch Project)