What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Just invested in 6 DVD's from ASDA so here is the first one watched

Kidulthood (8.5/10)

Very gritty British film. Very fast paced but still develops the characters well. Would advise anyone under the age of 30 to see this.

Up next Cruel Intentions

Cruel Intentions (7/10)

Was going to be a 6 however SMG in the temptress role is amazing and well worth another point. B)

Hmm next either Deja Vu or Happy Gilmore

Cruel Intentions (7/10)

Was going to be a 6 however SMG in the temptress role is amazing and well worth another point. B)

Hmm next either Deja Vu or Happy Gilmore

That one. Superb film! :D

Juno - not as good as i thought it would be, funny in parts and the lead actress was very watchable. Seemed to tail off a bit for me but decent enough.

7/10.

The Valley of Elah - reasonable movie about the effects of war, some quite disturbing messages/ideas and a very good performance from Tommy Lee Jones. Again. decent enough but not great.

7/10

The Devil's Backbone and The Lives of Others have arrived in the post today so will report back once i've watched them.

Guest SKOTSKA LAD
The Blues Brothers

Always seens shows on holidays but this is the first time seeing the film. It was a brilliant film full of jokes and great songs in it.

10/10

Agreed one of my faves, watched DEAD MANS SHOES again about 2 weeks ago on film 4 a brilliant yet tragic brit film.

Rules of Engagement (2000)

Samuel L Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones are brilliant in what is effectively a court room drama. Add Ben Kingsley into the mix as the ambassador to Yemen, and you've got a pretty damn good movie.

Try and not feel slightly moved when

Colonel Cao salutes Terry Childers at the end

! It can't be done!!

8/10

Wanted (2008)

Q. What do you get when you combine Morgan Freeman, fantastic CGI, lots of action, Angelina Jolie's arse and a budget of $65 million???

A. A steaming pile of complete shite, with lots of action, great CGI, Angelina Jolie's arse and Morgan Freeman.

3/10

This week I've watched:

Broken Flowers - 6/10

Just edged a 7/10 for me.

I love Bill Murray and his relationship wi his neighbour and their family was great to watch. Still haven't seen Lost in Translation but i think i'll like it.

Awake ( 2007 )

You can see why someone thought this was a good idea, but it's a good idea for a 20 minute thing. Not for a full feature length movie. As a result, the initial terror of the being awake goes away and what's left is a tedious work. It's a nice concept and at times, it's well executed, but I can't give thumbs up for a movie so mind numbingly dull.

4/10

In Bruges - 8.5/10

Very good dark comedy about 2 hitmen and a midget in Bruges. COlin Farrell is pretty good in it but reminds me of father dougal out of father ted alot in this movie.

Went to see Hancock earlier today.

It's all very silly of course, but the first half of it was an enjoyable enough comedy, until it went darker in the 2nd half of the film, which never really worked, and felt a tad rushed at the end. A shame then, as it could have been really good, as far as these things go.

Anyway, was going to give it a 6, but Charlize Theron bumps it up to a more respectable, 7/10

Went to see Hancock earlier today.

It's all very silly of course, but the first half of it was an enjoyable enough comedy, until it went darker in the 2nd half of the film, which never really worked, and felt a tad rushed at the end. A shame then, as it could have been really good, as far as these things go.

Anyway, was going to give it a 6, but Charlize Theron bumps it up to a more respectable, 7/10

Didn't you feel it a tad unnecessary (but highly enjoyable nonetheless) that she had came to Hancock's trailer to tell him to stay away, but had decided to vamp it up?