What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Used the Bank Holiday yesterday to take in two movies in Carlisle.

First went to "Fantastic Four". Really enjoyed it despite what the critics said but then I love that kind of film and I was a big fan of the comic and cartoon series as a wee boy. Like all of these superhero type films it suffers from a slow start because of the need to explain how their powers developed. I'd imagine a Fantastic Four 2 would, like Spidermen 2, be much better than the first due to the ability to get started quicker.

Then went to the Dukes of Hazzard, mainly because we wanted to take in another film and it was the one that's timing fitted best. Also I did enjoy the series on the telly years ago. Didn't enjoy it as much as the Fantastic Four although the wife preferred it so that's a matter of personal taste. Plot is wafer thin but good car chases, saloon brawls and wise cracks. It's pretty funny and, mmmmmmmmmm, Jessica Simpson...............

Just like a long version of a tv episode really. Harmless entertainment without having to think about it. Not bad.

Used the Bank Holiday yesterday to take in two movies in Carlisle.

First went to "Fantastic Four". Really enjoyed it despite what the critics said but then I love that kind of film and I was a big fan of the comic and cartoon series as a wee boy. Like all of these superhero type films it suffers from a slow start because of the need to explain how their powers developed. I'd imagine a Fantastic Four 2 would, like Spidermen 2, be much better than the first due to the ability to get started quicker.

Then went to the Dukes of Hazzard, mainly because we wanted to take in another film and it was the one that's timing fitted best. Also I did enjoy the series on the telly years ago. Didn't enjoy it as much as the Fantastic Four although the wife preferred it so that's a matter of personal taste. Plot is wafer thin but good car chases, saloon brawls and wise cracks. It's pretty funny and, mmmmmmmmmm, Jessica Simpson...............

Just like a long version of a tv episode really. Harmless entertainment without having to think about it. Not bad.

656774[/snapback]

Marks out of 10 please!

Ya arsehile! :P;)

Watched a few films recently

Anchorman - not nearly as amusing as some have made out. 6/10

Dodgeball - I liked it. Very amusing with and extra point for Jason Bateman 8/10

The Grudge - Not particularly scary. Quite disappointed. I hope the original is better. 5/10

A Tale of Two Sisters - as recommended recently by Standfree - now I just need him to explain what the hell was going on! he he! I think I enjoyed it, made me jump a few times which is more than most films 6 1/2 out of 10. would maybe be more if I could work out what happened.

First went to "Fantastic Four". Really enjoyed it despite what the critics said but then I love that kind of film and I was a big fan of the comic and cartoon series as a wee boy.

Aye, me as well. :D Good film.

After watching it, I bid on, and won (on ebay), a collection of old Fantastic Four comics from circa 1978, which I used to own as a kid. Amazing nostalgia rush when I saw them again. I used to have hundreds of them, but my auld man, in his wisdom, thought they were cluttering up the hoose, and threw them all out around '82.

Film was fairly true to the original story, apart from Doctor Doom's origin. I agree, I reckon FF2 will be a belter of a film.

You have got to be joking!?

"This film is based on real events. Only the places, names and events have been changed."

660409[/snapback]

Nope. Not much guffawing in the Jeannie household to be honest. Each to their own young man ;)

I forgot I also watched the Motorcycle Diaries the other day. An amusing and touching road trip round South America. 7/10

And I also just watched The Bourne Supremacy. Quality all action entertainment with a strong female character for once. Some excellent car chases and I don't usually like that. 8/10

:D

Nope.  Not much guffawing in the Jeannie household to be honest.  Each to their own young man ;)

I forgot I also watched the Motorcycle Diaries the other day.  An amusing and touching road trip round South America.  7/10

And I also just watched The Bourne Supremacy.  Quality all action entertainment with a strong female character for once.  Some excellent car chases and I don't usually like that. 8/10

:D

660677[/snapback]

You going soft :huh:

Just back from seeing Red Eye at the cinema.

I was looking forward to this film, as the trailer for it looked good.

Alarm bells were ringing when I saw the film was only 85 mins long, woefully short for a Hollywood thriller these days.

Anyway, I have to say I was pretty disappointed in it. Cillian Murphy played an ok 'baddie', but the rest of the acting was pretty poor. The storyline was potentially interesting, but totally ruined with the time constraints of such a short film. It was ok, up till the leading female character got off the plane, where it then descended into pure farce with enough plot holes to make a new cheese.

I'll give it 5/10 for the 1st half of the film, which was fairly enjoyable.