What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Saw Gregory's Girl last night! 2nd time around!

It is a fantastic film i loved it more this time! truly one of the few 10/10!

Curently watching Education Rita (second time aswell) 5/10 It alright...

Saw this with the kids last night...

...I have no idea how Morgan Freeman got talked into being in it, but he at least gave it some saving grace. Otherwise, it's unfunny, dull and has a plot that's as subtle as being hit over the head with a brick. :( The flood scene, when it finally arrived, had me wanting to shout 'Capsize ya humourless fecker' at the screen. That's an hour and a half of my life I'll not get back! <_<

Roll on Ian McEwan's 'Atonement'. ;)

Watched Bobby, written and directed by Emilio Estevez, a man seemingly hell-bent on taking the Nik Cage route to obscurity. The story of the day leading up to the shooting of Bobby F Kennedy in 1968.

I thought it was rather pointless actually, and could have been done much better in a documentary. Goes to show what self-important blandness comes when actors jump on an

"important political issue". 5/10 Great cast though.

I'll be SKY+ing it at some point, looking forward to seeing it as well.

Watched In The Name Of Our Father last night. Daniel Day-Lewis as Gerry Conlon, one of the Guildford Four. Bit of poetic license used in the film but still pretty decent. Never been a massive fan of Day-Lewis but thought he was superb in it. 8/10.

My mates dad is in that

Pans Labryinth - 12/10

What a film, absolutely fantastic.

Pirates of the Carribean 3 - 6/10

More of the same

Sunshine - 10/10

Crackin sci-fi film, which had a pretty decent plot to it

Transformers - 10/10

A return to my childhood with this film, pretty decent plot and characters, the robots are very impressive ;)

Transformers - Excellent! Funny, action packed and AMAZING special effects. I liked that they never tried to make it all kniowing and post modern and ironic, like the god-awful Scoby Doo films. It was a straight up, quality film. My only criticism and reason it gets a 9 rather than a 10 was that it was difficult to work out what was happening and who was who in the action scenes.

9/10

Also, other films I've watched recently:

The Night Listener- A psychological slow burning 'thriller' atrring Robin Williams never promises to be an enjoyable view, but the stuff written on the back of the DVD tempted me. CURSE YOU BLURB WRITER!!! For this was one of the most disappointing films I've watched. To be fair, it built up quite well albeit pretty boring and slow, and although Wolfman Williams was annoying, he was kind of meant to be....and then it just stopped. The film just literally finished. Oh well. What a lot of shite! 3 /10

Imaginary Heroes- a family melodrama exploring the effects of a son's suicide on the family members. Errrrrrrr... no thanks, you say, but this was one of the funniest, well acted and touching films I've seen in ages. The emotional bits were never overcooked and the humour is subtle. It's well worth a watch and Sigourney Weaver is pretty hot in it despite being, like, 70 or whatever. 9/10

Training Day. 9/10

Just fuckin' brilliant.

Denzel Washington is actually terrifying and outrageously cool at the same time.

"King Kong ain't got shit on me"

Dog Day Afternoon. 8/10

Again, just a brilliant film.