What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched Touch of Evil for the first time ever last night and it's well deserving of it's classic status. Opening shot is incredible and obviously inspired the scene with Brad Pitt driving in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Charlton Heston as a Mexican with no Mexican accent is a bit off putting but his performance is good and the rest of the cast is top drawer with Welles being unrecognisable from Kane and The Third Man, Janet Leigh is absolutely stunning and Marlene Dietrich is great in her scenes. 

I read something about younger people not having any interest in black and white movies but films like this and Night Of The Hunter turn it into a huge asset.

Win it All. I had a notion to watch The Color of Money the other day but it's not on Netflix. It suggested this instead. Jake Johnson plays a gambling addict who for some reason gets left in charge of a bag of money whose owner has to go to jail for 6 months. What could go possibly wrong? 

52 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Die Hard 2 on Amazon. Absolutely tremendous film with some great lines. They don’t give a single f**k about the earlier victims by the end of the film.

It has a lot to live up to but plenty memorable characters and lots of fun means it's a great watch. All it lacks for me is a properly great villain like the first and third had.

My name is Francesco Totti. 

What a man. A beautiful, beautiful man. Watched this last night on my NowTV and I just love watching folk who are incredibly passionate but also incredibly talented at what they do (in any walk of life) that it looks so gracefully elegant. So easy. 

Rome consumed Totti much in the way Naples did Maradona and at times he done some horrible things. A tremendously gifted footballer with a want and will to do his utmost for the people he grew up as and with. 

A pretty decent watch. An icon. 

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lost in translation

Probably the best film I've seen for a while.
Murray and Johannson both outstanding.
A must watch.

One of my favourite films.

Great acting from start to finish and some memorable scenes. You can feel the chemistry between Murray and Johansson.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

A bratty malingering school kid spends a day getting up to all kinds of shit.

An 80s classic that I've watched plenty of times. 

Very entertaining although it must be said that Matthew Broderick comes across as a right smug wee cùnt.

8/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

On 11/12/2020 at 23:48, D.A.F.C said:

Lost in translation

Probably the best film I've seen for a while.
Murray and Johannson both outstanding.
A must watch.

I watched it when I was 16/17 and thought it was utter garbage. Rewatched about 10 years and a visit to Japan later and thought it was majestic. Great film.

I watched it when I was 16/17 and thought it was utter garbage. Rewatched about 10 years and a visit to Japan later and thought it was majestic. Great film.
Same as me (well half). I've watched it once and I was about that age. It bored me senseless. But I'll watch it again as it seems to get rave reviews on here.