What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

20 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Spirited Away (Netflix)

Finally watched this off the back of about 6 recommendations on here. What a film. Visually, it's so impressive and the whole idea of it is so unique and wonderfully mental. Loved it.

I highly recommend Princess Mononoke, Howls Moving Castle, Grave of Fireflies and Laputa - Castle in the Sky if you haven't seen them. Brilliant stuff.

Watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. 

Its the American James Bond, guns, gadgets, lovely scenery and decent action but just don't really dig too much at the plot. Or anything really. 

Good, solid popcorn film.

7/10

To The Bone 8/10

Watched this on Netflix, it looks at mental health and specifically eating disorder. A young woman who has severe eating issues and her struggle to find a way to begin a recovery. It tries to show that sometimes you need to hit rock bottom in order to reset your mind and soul and really see what you've done to yourself and I think this doesn't apply only to eating disorders, but to any addiction or mental health issue. 

I don't think it would apply to everyone, but it's good that the topic is explored.

Also nice to see Keanu Reeves playing someone slightly different from his normal stuff. 

Zombrex

An episodic film based on Dead Rising about two brothers (one who is unable to walk). It's not awful, but it is incredibly cheap and badly dubbed.

5/10

I see Tenet is out. You can hear the collective sigh of relief as there's finally a new original film out for viewing pleasure.
I lasted an hour an a half before turning off. I was as confused as a baby raccoon. Couldn't be arsed sitting through another hour trying to decipher it.

I'm bad enough trying to follow some mainstream films/series so I'll be giving this a wide berth.

I lasted an hour an a half before turning off. I was as confused as a baby raccoon. Couldn't be arsed sitting through another hour trying to decipher it.

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Inside Llewyn Davis, it's still depressing. It's the second saddest Coen Brothers' film after A Serious Man.

It's also the only thing I've ever liked Adam Driver in.

Sacrilege against Girls. 

The Sightseers a movie directed by Ben Whatley from 2012.
This movie is absolute class. We all know someone who could play the male lead - like the boy in Nuts in May, I thought. Fortunately, I've never met any woman as batshit as Tina.

And yes, there actually is a Pencil Museum.

On 06/12/2020 at 21:37, Rbon said:

The Sightseers a movie directed by Ben Whatley from 2012.

Ben Wheatley's films are all cult status, never nore so than Kill List

I saw it on a midweek afternoon upon its release and chuckled at the end,

My chuckling was drowned from behind me by "WHAT THE f**k WAS THAT AW ABOOT".