What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Jojo Rabbit.  Fabulous stuff , if you're a fan of Mel Brooks then I'd imagine your going to enjoy this . This has everything a film should have , happiness & sadness and complete craziness . Sam Rockwell is superb as the somewhat crazy Nazi commander with good support from Rebel Wilson and Alfie Allen his useless underlings ,with Stephen Merchant creepily  convincing as a Gestapo officer . Funniest thing I've seen in ages  . 9/10 
Captain K, woooooo!

11 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

It's inspired by a real life radio presenter called Alan Berg.

I'm reluctant to say any more because of possible spoilers....

Ah, fair enough. I've been listening to the Shocktober podcasts and have been fascinated with shock jocks like Howard Stern for a while.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Ah, fair enough. I've been listening to the Shocktober podcasts and have been fascinated with shock jocks like Howard Stern for a while.

There was a Howard Stern movie back in the 90s.

I saw it at the time and it was fairly amusing, completely different in tone to Talk Radio though...

Argo - Excellent stuff from Ben Affleck., with support from  John Goodman , Alan , Walter Cranston and Tate Donavan . The true story of an incredible plan to smuggle 6 American " diplomats " out of Iran just after the revolution during the US hostage crisis. It was such a crazy plan it almost could have been the plot for a movie . Well worth watching 9/ 10 

18 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Manhunter

This one fucking scene

9/10

Had you watched the movie before? 

A stone cold classic 

"You are an Ant in the afterbirth, you are witness to a great becoming...do you see the Red Dragon" 

Edited by Silverton End

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Had you watched the movie before? 

A stone cold classic 

yes

me and my old flatmate quote it all the time

also, brian cox is a more believable lector than hopkins

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

yes

me and my old flatmate quote it all the time

also, brian cox is a more believable lector than hopkins

Brian Cox is superb, the movie was quite a big break for him, unfortunately Manhunter was a bit of a flop on release & only gained acclaim much later.

It's a work of art imo & in my top 5 movies.

13 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Brian Cox is superb, the movie was quite a big break for him, unfortunately Manhunter was a bit of a flop on release & only gained acclaim much later.

It's a work of art imo & in my top 5 movies.

Brian Cox gave me my degree. Good lad.

Jojo Rabbit.  Fabulous stuff , if you're a fan of Mel Brooks then I'd imagine your going to enjoy this . This has everything a film should have , happiness & sadness and complete craziness . Sam Rockwell is superb as the somewhat crazy Nazi commander with good support from Rebel Wilson and Alfie Allen his useless underlings ,with Stephen Merchant creepily  convincing as a Gestapo officer . Funniest thing I've seen in ages  . 9/10 

9/10

Watched this last night - really loved it - brilliantly satirical take on the Nazis but also some real heart-warming scenes.

One US reviewer gave it zero stars because it used anti-semitic tropes. He's a fucking moron who didn't understand that the whole point of the antisemitic tropes in the film was to mock them.

On 22/11/2020 at 12:59, NotThePars said:

Brian Cox gave me my degree. Good lad.

You really should have gone to a university.  

I watched On The Rocks, on Apple TV.  10 minutes of zzzz and then Bill Murray turns up and does his funny/sad thing and it’s glorious.  

On 20/11/2020 at 16:06, jimmy boo said:

Enemy

Jake Gyllenhaal plays a history teacher stuck in a rut. He watches a film recommended to him and spots a c list actor playing a small part who is his double. He makes some enquiries and tracks him down. Much weird shit ensues from this point on......7/10.

I liked it. The spiders are clearly a metaphor for something, I guess only Denis Villeneuve knows what.

Office Space tonight. Very enjoyable, lots of good moments. More than anything else though I just love the aesthetics of it all - beige shirts, ugly ties, office cubicles etc. Weird to feel a bizarre kind of nostalgia for something that 1) I was too young to ever actually experience in the workplace and 2) was obviously bad and is portrayed as being so. I suppose good films are capable of doing that though.
I watched that a few weeks ago on the recommendation of a friend.

I thought it was OK at best. Far too predicable with no subtlety whatsoever