What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I liked Interstellar but the effects/plot were secondary to the human story in it. Inception left me cold as it just felt like it was all about him being clever. 

The best description I heard of Inception was, "what thick people think a clever film looks like."

Aquaman 4/10

Amber Heard as the Little Mermaid is the highlight of this. Nothing wrong with any of the acting, but the story was fucking garbage. The arc of Jason Mamoa's character is flimsy and I'm not buying that a ship of pirates taking out a Russian crew are suddenly shitting themselves at this guy. 

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Aquaman 4/10

Amber Heard as the Little Mermaid is the highlight of this. Nothing wrong with any of the acting, but the story was fucking garbage. The arc of Jason Mamoa's character is flimsy and I'm not buying that a ship of pirates taking out a Russian crew are suddenly shitting themselves at this guy. 

You must have hated the scenes that featured your ex...

Avengers: Endgame 

9/10

Love this shit. Anyone who cries that it isn't 'cinema' and is 'shallow' etc is a bitter, arrogant snob. That's different from folk who don't like it. Folk might think it's shit. Folk might not be a fan of the genre. All fine. But being a snobbish dick and lying about it is just w**k.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

9/10

Love this shit. Anyone who cries that it isn't 'cinema' and is 'shallow' etc is a bitter, arrogant snob. That's different from folk who don't like it. Folk might think it's shit. Folk might not be a fan of the genre. All fine. But being a snobbish dick and lying about it is just w**k.

CGI swamped plotless characterless unfunny vacuous shite. Can't wait for a film for grownups like Guardians of the Galaxy III.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

9/10

This is the very definition of fucking cinema. That's the feelings I want to have when I go and I've never had a cinema experience like it.

The Babysitter: Killer Queen

So. McG surprised everyone by making an actual good movie. So he did a sequel. Is it as good? By f**k it's even better. McG if nothing else has self awareness and amped all of the good aspects of the first one up. This is a total fucking joy. Like the first, it takes a simple initial story and just warps it every which way. I honestly can't find a single fault with this and I'd go as far as to say this might be the best horror sequel ever. Evil Dead 2 aside.

10/10

On 11/09/2020 at 20:55, DA Baracus said:

9/10

To be honest I've only seen Captain America, ie the first film and haven't seen the others, I was a big fan of Marvel comics in the 1970s and early 80. But to say these films are sh*t obviously don't know their onions.

13 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I find that as idiotic as Scorsese's comments. Shit is in the eye of the beholder. One person's shit is another person's classic. 

Agree with this. No problem if folk think they're shit. It's the arrogant nonsense, that's also untrue, from Scorsese and the like that is the issue.

9 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Good example. A lot of people think San Andreas was total nonsense. I consider it probably the best disaster movie ever. It ticks the destruction boxes, the tongue is firmly in the cheek and there's a genuinely fun human element. 

It is total nonsense but also a great daft film. Very entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Also MCU are the Feasters burgers of film. 

Feasters are the good ones, right?

I always get them mixed up with Rustlers, which (IIRC) would be the DCEU of film. Everything's there that should be, but somehow they get it so very wrong.