What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's the reason I've never bothered watching it before.

Did you not like him as an actor before the whole Zionist Sugartits Conspiracy thing? He used to pick his projects well, back before he revealed himself to be a fud.

I'm a sucker for revenge films, personally. I blame my mother - her favourite film is genuinely Death Wish 2.

15 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Did you not like him as an actor before the whole Zionist Sugartits Conspiracy thing? He used to pick his projects well, back before he revealed himself to be a fud.

I'm a sucker for revenge films, personally. I blame my mother - her favourite film is genuinely Death Wish 2.

Thought it was more recent than 1999.

V for vandetta (2005).

Hugo Weaving is a genetically enhanced Yorkshireman on a revenge mission to bring down the UK’s totalitarian government whilst donning a Guy Fawkes mask.

Ee by gum it is shite.

Not even Scatman John playing the Prime Minister could save it.

Is this a film that mocks the original? V for vandetta is a great film though.

Eastern Promises (2007)

The murky world of the Russian Mafia in London, a young Russian woman, pregnant, dies & leaves a revealing diary behind. As well as her newborn baby.

Quite like this film, but some of the acting/dialogue is pretty average though.

It's still very watchable & Viggo Mortensen is a beautiful looking chap.

7.5/10

There's been a lot of fun low key thrillers and horrors coming out in the last couple of years. This year especially is brilliant for it.

I've been seeking out as many as possible a lot more than I used to, and also got a year long subscription to Shudder as they're upping their game on originals later in the year, as well as having fun looking stuff I haven't seen yet.

Amazon Prime look like they're grabbing some new horror stuff too.

10 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

There's been a lot of fun low key thrillers and horrors coming out in the last couple of years. This year especially is brilliant for it.

I've been seeking out as many as possible a lot more than I used to, and also got a year long subscription to Shudder as they're upping their game on originals later in the year, as well as having fun looking stuff I haven't seen yet.

Amazon Prime look like they're grabbing some new horror stuff too.

Do tell us about them please; I used to use you for horror recommendations.

I'll come back with a detailed list, but You Should Have Left is probably the best so far. Kevin Bacon turning in a near career best performance, some genuine emotion involved along with some seriously creepy shit.

Oh, and on Shudder, Host is a pure fucking delight.

Edited by Willow Rosenberg

On 29/08/2020 at 14:48, 19QOS19 said:
On 29/08/2020 at 07:24, Theroadlesstravelled said:
V for vandetta (2005).
Hugo Weaving is a genetically enhanced Yorkshireman on a revenge mission to bring down the UK’s totalitarian government whilst donning a Guy Fawkes mask.

Ee by gum it is shite.
Not even Scatman John playing the Prime Minister could save it.

Is this a film that mocks the original? V for vandetta is a great film though.

First time I saw V for vandetta I thought it was great.

Having watched it again, it just strikes me as ridiculous. 

Nae offence. 

Edited by paranoid android

Bill and Ted 3

Loved it. Loved the first two Bill and Ted's and thought this was great, I'm pretty sure plenty of people will think it's absolute nonsense but I thought it was brilliant.

It was most excellent. Big fan of the originals aswell. It was a nice way to end it all. Not too nostalgia heavy either.

Gambit (1966)

Comedy thriller starring Michael Caine who enlists Shirley MacLaine to help him carry out the perfect heist. A valuable artefact held by Herbert Lom, supposedly the richest man in the world, is the target but things don'tr quite go to plan, or do they?

7/10

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Why does vandetta* come up as vandetta?

* V-e-n-d-e-t-t-a

That takes me back. It was down to a St Mirren poster spelling that way so it stuck. Pretty sure it was Stuart Dickson but sure someone will be along to correct me.

Molly's Game (2017)

Jessica Chastain is very good in the true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic class skier, who had to give up the sport after an injury but then went on to run exclusive high-stakes poker games befor being targeted by the FBI, subsequently arrested and then tried. Screenplay is written by Aaron Sorkin which shows as it's very fast paced. Idris Elba and Kevin Costner are also good as her attorney and father.

7.5/10