Rugster

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gladiator , first time  in ages . Still a great watch , with some excellent performances particularly the late Oliver Reed  

The Foreigner (2017)

Caught this on Netflix, not bad at all. Jackie Chan goes on a revenge mission after his daughter is killed when a rogue IRA unit bomb a bank in London. Pierce Brosnan plays the ex IRA now politician who is strikingly similar to Gerry Adams 😟

7/10

Four kids and it
Pish! Absolute pish. Was released on Sky this week and was thoroughly disappointed. Crap CGI to go with a poor plot. Maybe the book was better. My 8 year old was bored from the start.
2/10

The Invisible Man

Wasn't sure what to expect from this but it was actually very enjoyable especially when Mrs Boo jumped out her skin a few times. Good performance from Elisabeth Moss as always.......7/10.

*The Death of Stalin*

Been keen to see this for a while. Finally caught it on Netflix. Solid cast who are all on top form bumbling from farce to farce. Really funny and despite being very exaggerated, half expect that the reality wasn't far off this, minus the English and American accents.

Movie 21 (Kid #1) -- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 9/10. I'd never seen this before and I absolutely adored it. Great fun in the same way that National Treasure was great fun. Hoping that Kid #2 will pick the sequel tomorrow night.

Watched The Matrix this morning , easily the best of the trilogy ,. The series went  downhill rapidly with the sequels especially the third one  , I don't suppose that the new one will be any better  . The question that needs answered is who would win in a fight between  Neo & Jon Wick ?  

The good lie:

Non fiction apparently so should have been named A good story, shitly told.

10 hours ago, stanton said:

Watched The Matrix this morning , easily the best of the trilogy ,. The series went  downhill rapidly with the sequels especially the third one  , I don't suppose that the new one will be any better  . The question that needs answered is who would win in a fight between  Neo & Jon Wick ?  

The sequels were never planned and only were made because the first film was so popular and made so much money. It shows that they were never planned as they were poorly written and rushed and disappeared up their own arse, wrecking the story.

I have no idea how they can even have another sequel given Neo and Trinity were killed and Smith was deleted.

Oh, and Neo would smash John Wick.

Tonights offering was Skyfall , I'm a big fan of most of the Bond movies  and this one rates as one of my favourites , Javier Bardem  is one of the best villains in the franchise.  

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The sequels were never planned and only were made because the first film was so popular and made so much money. It shows that they were never planned as they were poorly written and rushed and disappeared up their own arse, wrecking the story.

I have no idea how they can even have another sequel given Neo and Trinity were killed and Smith was deleted.

Oh, and Neo would smash John Wick.

I guess that's the problem when the first film makes so much money, you think you can get away with any old guff , especially the third film in this case 

4 minutes ago, stanton said:

I guess that's the problem when the first film makes so much money, you think you can get away with any old guff , especially the third film in this case 

Aye, the second one had some decent stuff but the third is just nonsense. Total gash.

Movie 22 (Kid #2) -- Jumanji: The Next Level 7/10. Meh. It was okay. The initial introduction of Danny DeVito and Danny Glover didn't really pay off as well as I hoped it would. Not as good as Welcome to the Jungle and I have a feeling my 7 is generous.

Movie 22 (Kid #2) -- Jumanji: The Next Level 7/10. Meh. It was okay. The initial introduction of Danny DeVito and Danny Glover didn't really pay off as well as I hoped it would. Not as good as Welcome to the Jungle and I have a feeling my 7 is generous.
Yeah, being instantly transported out of their bodies somewhat ruined the magic of their performances, particularly DeVito

16 hours ago, MSU said:

I quite enjoyed it.  The introduction of Devito and Glover was one thing.  However it was Johnson doing the talk and mannerisms of Devito that was good fun.  Similarly Hart pretending to be Glover.

Also a re-appearance by the son of Tom Hanks.  Never have spotted the similarity!