What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Terminal. 
One if those films I thought 'that was alright' first time I watched it and just gets better and better everytime you watch it. I think yesterday was the fourth time I watched it and was still picking up new bits I'd missed on previous showings. Just a good fun film. 
8/10.
Watched this last night, brilliant feel good movie.

On 06/07/2020 at 12:56, 19QOS19 said:

Watched this last night on the back of this post. Pretty disappointed tbh. Thought it was a decent enough watch but we were 45 minutes in before anything really happened. I've seen the style they used in Insidious so that idea wasn't new to me.

Ok watch without being spectacular. 6/10.

What did you like so much about it out of interest?

he is pulling as many people in to watch it as possible, pishing himself laughing in the process. 6/10 very very generous. 3/10 at best in my opinion. I though David Koepp the writer/director had a better pedigree than this and then I recalled he wrote IJ and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. 

he is pulling as many people in to watch it as possible, pishing himself laughing in the process. 6/10 very very generous. 3/10 at best in my opinion. I though David Koepp the writer/director had a better pedigree than this and then I recalled he wrote IJ and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. 
It was a good "wtf is going on here?" film that kept me wondering, so for that reason it got such a high score from me. It was just a bit too long before anything of note really happened and there wasn't much need for it. I enjoyed the directing as well. It just wasn't anywhere close to being 10/10. My guess is the OP hasn't seen Insidious as that style was good the first time I watched it as well. I expect it's been done before Insidious as well but that's the first film I saw using it.

On 07/07/2020 at 17:20, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Stake Out 1987-

Creepy as f**k tbh. 2 middle aged guys spying on a woman in her early 20s. Thankfully a movie like that wouldn’t be allowed today.

Roxanne 1987-

Awful and unwatchable.

Films set in British Columbia (Vancouver and Nelson respectively).

Recently watched Runaway with Tom Selleck  and Gene Simmons.  Aldo filmed in Vancouver. Not a comedy.  A Michael Crichton crime drama.  Very dated.

I recall a film review about Stake out.  "Why so much violence in something that is supposed to be a comedy?"

There is also the follow up Stake out 2.

Edited by Fullerene

Marnie (1964)
Tippi Hedren plays Marnie, a clearly disturbed woman who has become a compulsive liar and thief. Sean Connery as Mark Rutland finds out what's she's up to when she applies for a job at his company. Rather than turn her in he takes her on as some sort of project, marries her and is determined to find out what has made her this way. Unmistakably a Hitchcock film that is deeply psychological throughout with good performances from the two leads.
7.5/10

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

Much to my surprise I really liked this. Rachel MacAdams is so lovely/stupid in it that it was impossible not to warm to her. She really carries the whole thing. Plenty of good stuff from Ferrell and Brosnan and some good set piece comedy stuff. 

7/10

On 03/07/2020 at 14:25, DA Baracus said:

Bridge of Spies

7/10

Tom Hanks is great. Mark Rylance was great, but the description of him being from 'the North of England' when he had a Scottish accent annoyed me.

That bugged me too until I read up on Rudolf Abel. He was born in Newcastle but, despite having never lived in Scotland, he 'did' speak with what was described as a distinctive Scots accent. I can't find the link now but it seems that was an accurate bit of detail.

15 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Films set in British Columbia (Vancouver and Nelson respectively).

Recently watched Runaway with Tom Selleck  and Gene Simmons.  Aldo filmed in Vancouver. Not a comedy.  A Michael Crichton crime drama.  Very dated.

I recall a film review about Stake out.  "Why so much violence in something that is supposed to be a comedy?"

There is also the follow up Stake out 2.

I would strongly recommend you do not watch Stakeout 2.

Killing Bono

7/10

Based on a true story. An Irish lad and his school friend both form bands. The brother of the first lad is going to join the band of the friend until his brother (who is the first lad) asks the friend to refuse so that the brother can join his (his brother's) band.

The friend is Bono and his band become U2. The brothers form their own band, with the brother who nearly joined U2 unaware that his brother stopped it happening. 

The brothers struggle with their own careers in music all whilst watching U2 become one of the biggest bands in the world.

An amusing film well worth a watch.

The Worlds Fastest Indian 8/10

Based in the 60s tells the true story of Burt Munro attempting to break the land speed record on his 1920s Indian motorbike and his travels from New Zeland to the USA to do so.

Really enjoyable feel good movie which I believe was perfectly cast.

The Worlds Fastest Indian 8/10

Based in the 60s tells the true story of Burt Munro attempting to break the land speed record on his 1920s Indian motorbike and his travels from New Zeland to the USA to do so.

Really enjoyable feel good movie which I believe was perfectly cast.

Allegedly a distant relative of mine.

I’m in the “Aye, right?” camp on that part.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Killing Bono

7/10

Based on a true story. An Irish lad and his school friend both form bands. The brother of the first lad is going to join the band of the friend until his brother (who is the first lad) asks the friend to refuse so that the brother can join his (his brother's) band.

The friend is Bono and his band become U2. The brothers form their own band, with the brother who nearly joined U2 unaware that his brother stopped it happening. 

The brothers struggle with their own careers in music all whilst watching U2 become one of the biggest bands in the world.

An amusing film well worth a watch.

The brother of the friend asks the friend of the brother who is also the friend's brother's brother's friend.   Eh.  I'm confused.  Can you do a wee diagram? 🙂