What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Terminal. 

One if those films I thought 'that was alright' first time I watched it and just gets better and better everytime you watch it. I think yesterday was the fourth time I watched it and was still picking up new bits I'd missed on previous showings. Just a good fun film. 

8/10.

Bridge of Spies

7/10

Tom Hanks is great. Mark Rylance was great, but the description of him being from 'the North of England' when he had a Scottish accent annoyed me.

Eurovision

8/10

Can't really add to what has been said. Very silly and very fun.

Little Miss Sunshine

7/10

Didn't like this at first and was close to turning it off. As it went on I got more invested, was laughing more and liked the characters more. The end dance scene is very funny.

Beauty pageants are hideously fucking paedophile conventions and should be banned, and the parents all jailed.

Bridge of Spies
7/10
Tom Hanks is great. Mark Rylance was great, but the description of him being from 'the North of England' when he had a Scottish accent annoyed me.

Eurovision
8/10

Little Miss Sunshine
7/10
Didn't like this at first and was close to turning it off. As it went on I got more invested, was laughing more and liked the characters more. The end dance scene is very funny.
Beauty pageants are hideously fucking paedophile conventions and should be banned, and the parents all jailed.
Hellishly low score for bridge of spies.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Bridge of Spies
7/10

Eurovision
8/10

Little Miss Sunshine
7/10

Hellishly low score for bridge of spies.

I could bump it to 8. I have to admit to being distracted for a good portion of it.

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Frozen 2.

Quite good, actually. Difficult to follow the first one, which is clearly an excellent film.

Think it'll grow on me.

7.5/10

It's pretty good tbh, but suffers from the fact none of the songs are quite as catchy as the ones in the first film.

i recently watched the dark knight for the idk how many th time ! i know its nota movie but i have recently been watching some The Office episodes and i must say im pretty satisfied ! if you would ask me what my favorite series are, i would certainly name The office as my top 5 ! i would like to invite you to an office quiz . its all fun ! you will be asked different questions about this famous show and you will probably blow your mind and have a good time 😇

Edited by office_lover

Just watched David Lynch's The Straight Story .

Based on a true story where an auld boy drives hundreds of miles on a lawnmower to visit his brother before they check out.

The supporting cast, which includes Sissy Spacek and Harry Dean Stanton, are perfect, but Richard Farnsworth pretty much carries it. 

Maybe a bit slow for some folk, but a wonderful film, imo. :(

Come and See

I watched Beerfest earlier so I decided to follow it up with something a wee bit more serious.

Come and See was released in the Soviet union in 1985 and it follows the fortunes of a disgruntled teenager who joins the partisans in German occupied Belarus.

This isn't exactly light hearted entertainment but it one of the most incredible and powerful films ever made.

Googolplex/10

Vengeance - A Love Story.

This might well be one of the worst films I've ever seen. Nic Cage in a bad wig absolutely phones in his performance in an atrociously written Death Wish style vigilante story.

It also contains the most outrageously bad courtroom scene committed to film. Ever.

Fractionally redeemed by Don Johnson exiting the movie in full dandy lawyer suit on a Harley Davidson.

1/10.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - there's a massacre in Texas. With a chainsaw.

Eagle-eyed spods will have noticed that 'chainsaw' is one word, so this must be the Michael Bay produced remake. The wean wanted to watch this after I persuaded him that he'd probably find the original a bit dull and weird. It's more of a straight-on blood 'n' guts horror film than Tobe Hooper's classic, which was an obvious move, but probably better than trying to ape the first one. I quite like it, and had forgotten quite how obsessed the camera is with Jessica Biel's knockers.

BigFatTabbyBoy thought it was "fine", but he's a big Gordon Ramsey fan, and is still going on about how a recurring sound effect in the film was "stolen" from Kitchen Nightmares, no matter how many times I tell him the film came out first and it's a common stock sound  :rolleyes:

Just watched that Eurovision movie. Always had a thing for Rachel McAdams but her with that accent in this movie 😍😍

Really enjoyed the movie, I'm a sucker for Eurovision so naturally I was going to like it but the storyline was good and ofcourse Will Farrell and his crazy ways was always going to put a good spin on it. 

Get ja ja ding dong on!! 

You Should Have Left is an astonishing piece of work. Even saying 10/10 kinda feels weak.
Watched this last night on the back of this post. Pretty disappointed tbh. Thought it was a decent enough watch but we were 45 minutes in before anything really happened. I've seen the style they used in Insidious so that idea wasn't new to me.

Ok watch without being spectacular. 6/10.

What did you like so much about it out of interest?