What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Interzone

Crappy Mad Max clone set in a post-apocalyptic future where as musclebound female (Teaan Clive) and her gang of cutthroats want to destroy the last safe place in the world. A lone warrior played by the guy who wasn't Jeffrey Combs in Re-Animator and an Asian monk named Panasonic have to put a stop to her plans.

It's basically dreadful and cheap with some the worst ADR mix I've heard since Birdemic. Roughly 50% can't be heard over the music.

Still a good laugh at 8:30am in the morning.

5/10

Lovebirds -- Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani are a couple on the verge of splitting up when they accidentally become part of a bizarre murder plot, on the run from the cops and trying to solve the mystery to clear their names. It's a movie we've all seen a hundred times. Despite the by the numbers plot and there being nothing the least bit surprising about any of it, it was fun and the two leads bounced off each other with quirky dialog that I'm sure will bug the absolute f**k out of some people. 

Moon (2009)

Seen this a few times but never fails to entertain. Directed by Duncan Jones it's pretty low budget which actually helps to give you that feeling of isolation that Sam Bell, played by Sam Rockwell, has endured on his 3 year stint on the Moon mining a valuable resource to help with Earth's power problems. Near the end of his stint Sam has an accident and there's a big twist after that which raises the tension and Sam's self awareness kicks in. The intelligent onboard computer GERTY has some great lines as well and you can see that Jones has been influenced by sci-fi classics like 2001, Silent Running and even Alien.

8.5/10

School for Sex

A weird British sexploitation film from 1969 by Pete Walker who made the pretty decent Psycho a few years later. It basically breaks down to a posh white guy staring at boobs with a shocked look on his face. As if the BBC World Service did a 1960's Babestation.

2/10

Marvellous (2014)

Caught this true story on BBC iPlayer about the amazing life of Neil Baldwin who despite having learning difficulties has become a legend at Stoke City and Keele University. Toby Jones plays him so well as he just blags himself into jobs and talking to celebrities. A devoted fan of Stoke City he turned up the day Lou Macari was appointed manager and ended up getting job as kit man. Macari liked him so much he even gave him a game near the end of a testimonial match. Previously he had worked as a clown at the circus and he also liked the setting of Keele University so much he would turn up every day just chatting to students including Malcolm Clarke played by, Gary Tank Commander, who would become his best friend. Great watch and nice cameos from Lou Macari , Gary Linneker, Neil himself talking to Toby Jones, in his character, and footage of him receiving an honorary degree from the University in 2013.

Well worth a watch.

8/10

Marvellous (2014)
Caught this true story on BBC iPlayer about the amazing life of Neil Baldwin who despite having learning difficulties has become a legend at Stoke City and Keele University. Toby Jones plays him so well as he just blags himself into jobs and talking to celebrities. A devoted fan of Stoke City he turned up the day Lou Macari was appointed manager and ended up getting job as kit man. Macari liked him so much he even gave him a game near the end of a testimonial match. Previously he had worked as a clown at the circus and he also liked the setting of Keele University so much he would turn up every day just chatting to students including Malcolm Clarke played by, Gary Tank Commander, who would become his best friend. Great watch and nice cameos from Lou Macari , Gary Linneker, Neil himself talking to Toby Jones, in his character, and footage of him receiving an honorary degree from the University in 2013.
Well worth a watch.
8/10
Saw this at the time when it was on telly. Loved it. Macari dedicates a good few pages to him in his autobiography as well I'm sure. It's also available on Prime.

The Terminal. 

One if those films I thought 'that was alright' first time I watched it and just gets better and better everytime you watch it. I think yesterday was the fourth time I watched it and was still picking up new bits I'd missed on previous showings. Just a good fun film. 

8/10.

Bridge of Spies

7/10

Tom Hanks is great. Mark Rylance was great, but the description of him being from 'the North of England' when he had a Scottish accent annoyed me.

Eurovision

8/10

Can't really add to what has been said. Very silly and very fun.

Little Miss Sunshine

7/10

Didn't like this at first and was close to turning it off. As it went on I got more invested, was laughing more and liked the characters more. The end dance scene is very funny.

Beauty pageants are hideously fucking paedophile conventions and should be banned, and the parents all jailed.

Bridge of Spies
7/10
Tom Hanks is great. Mark Rylance was great, but the description of him being from 'the North of England' when he had a Scottish accent annoyed me.

Eurovision
8/10

Little Miss Sunshine
7/10
Didn't like this at first and was close to turning it off. As it went on I got more invested, was laughing more and liked the characters more. The end dance scene is very funny.
Beauty pageants are hideously fucking paedophile conventions and should be banned, and the parents all jailed.
Hellishly low score for bridge of spies.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Bridge of Spies
7/10

Eurovision
8/10

Little Miss Sunshine
7/10

Hellishly low score for bridge of spies.

I could bump it to 8. I have to admit to being distracted for a good portion of it.

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Frozen 2.

Quite good, actually. Difficult to follow the first one, which is clearly an excellent film.

Think it'll grow on me.

7.5/10

It's pretty good tbh, but suffers from the fact none of the songs are quite as catchy as the ones in the first film.