What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rented it off sky, I liked the cinematography and it seemed realistic but lacked any real depth. Would imagine it would be more spectacular in the cinema.
The two young actors were great though.
Kept thinking the ginger guy was the mechanic from east enders.

Batman Lego movie.

8/10

The wee man fucking loved it, and i sat there quite happily enjoying the more grown up references.

When they started i never believed any of these Lego movies would be any good but they really are.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire. 

MUBI (get a 7day free trial on Amazon).

Beautiful in every way.

A female portrait painter is recruited by a lady to paint her daughter (who is fresh outta convent school). The daughter is due to be married off to a random Italian and the portrait is to be sent to him for approval. The painter and her subject fall in love, with the knowledge she is in this arranged marriage.

I must’ve quietly sobbed through the last 20 minutes. Just a quiet beautiful looking film with incredible acting. Sound design is terrific too. There’s not really a score but the couple of times music does come in it blows you away. In her last film, Girlhood, Rihanna let the director use Diamonds royalty-free as she loved the scene so much where that song was used.

11/10

The Bone Collector. Watched it again last night just to compare it to the TV version , there's quite a lot from the film that they've used on TV .  The film is excellent even if you already know the outcome   9/10 

Bullitt (1968)

Steve McQueen is just so fucking cool, not just in the car he drives (a Mustang GTO 350 2+2) but even the clothes he wears...apparently he started a fashion trend for desert boots, and tweed jackets with elbow patches.

IMO still the greatest car chase in movies (although The French Connection and Ronin push it close) and the sight of the Mustang and Charger during those 10 minutes is majestic.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Bullitt (1968)

Steve McQueen is just so fucking cool, not just in the car he drives (a Mustang GTO 350 2+2) but even the clothes he wears...apparently he started a fashion trend for desert boots, and tweed jackets with elbow patches.

IMO still the greatest car chase in movies (although The French Connection and Ronin push it close) and the sight of the Mustang and Charger during those 10 minutes is majestic.

The other film you need to see is "The Seven Ups" with Roy Shneider.  Bill Hickman is the driver in Bullitt, Seven Ups and French Connection - and the Love Bug!

You should also google the route of the car chase in Bullitt.  Obviously a cheat and totally ridiculous.

A Taxi Driver

A dramatized account of the true story of a German journalist investigate the 1980 Gwangju Uprising. A gripping tale throughout and a part of Korean history I was not aware of. Song Kang-ho is one of my current favourite working actors. He's excellent in everything I've ever seen him in.

9/10

A Taxi Driver
A dramatized account of the true story of a German journalist investigate the 1980 Gwangju Uprising. A gripping tale throughout and a part of Korean history I was not aware of. Song Kang-ho is one of my current favourite working actors. He's excellent in everything I've ever seen him in.
9/10

Didn't read the "A" at the start of your post, was really confused De Niro isn't a journo.

Kind Hearts and Coronets from I think 1949
I like old films and strange to think it was made so long ago before I was born.  I’m 24!
For lockdown I decided I'd try to make an effort to watch a lot of classic films I'd never seen (and there are a lot). Haven't quite managed my one-a-day target - more like half that. Anyway, I ended up watching Kind Hearts and Coronets for the first time a few weeks back, and what a film. It's absolutely hilarious, I really couldn't pick a flaw in it.

FWIW, other "lockdown classics" that have got the full five stars are The Lady Vanishes, On The Waterfront, Billy Liar, Double Indemnity, and last night's viewing, Notorious.

I appreciate there are no hidden treasure recommendations in there for anyone! Anyway, if you don't mind I'm just off to the Music forum to recommend this band called The Beatles.

I've been watching a lot of old films too and Talking Pictures is the channel I'm concentrating on, they are showing a lot of really good films. Next one I've pencilled in is The Girl With A Pistol which has never been shown on British tv. Monica Vitti stars in this Italian made film with some location shots in Edinburgh and London. It was nominated for Best Foreign Film in 1969. It's on tomorrow.

For lockdown I decided I'd try to make an effort to watch a lot of classic films I'd never seen (and there are a lot). Haven't quite managed my one-a-day target - more like half that. Anyway, I ended up watching Kind Hearts and Coronets for the first time a few weeks back, and what a film. It's absolutely hilarious, I really couldn't pick a flaw in it.

FWIW, other "lockdown classics" that have got the full five stars are The Lady Vanishes, On The Waterfront, Billy Liar, Double Indemnity, and last night's viewing, Notorious.

I appreciate there are no hidden treasure recommendations in there for anyone! Anyway, if you don't mind I'm just off to the Music forum to recommend this band called The Beatles.

9 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

With an "A"?