What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

1 hour ago, stanton said:

Mission impossible 111 , Once again Ethan Hunt ( Tom Cruise )  has to save the world  from the bad guy this time it's  the late Philip Seymour Hoffman he's up against . Much the same as previous and subsequent films, loads of explosions and plenty bullets flying none of which ever seem to hit our heroes, lots of cliffhanger moments and plenty CGI , watchable enough for a Sunday afternoon 

That's Mission Impossible 3.

Exorcism of Emily Rose

Needs to decide whether it's a courtroom drama or a horror. Really interesting source material to play with and the end product is just a bit dull.

4/10

District 13 (2004)

Paris, a crime-ridden district has been walled off from the rest of the city. Drug lords rule & any cops there are mostly corrupt.

The leading actors are Parkour/Free-running athletes, and it's worth watching for their ability to climb, bounce & leap over any obstacle. Some truly amazing authentic stunts.

Think of an Escape from New York/Fast & Furious/ Transporter hybrid and that's District 13 😀

Enjoyable nonsense 7/10

28 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The Land Before Time

Loved this as a kid and decided to watch it with my toddler this morning which ended up with toddler ignoring it and me sitting there with a bit of dust permanently stuck in my eye.

9/10

What a film! I too absolutely loved it as a kid. Would imagine that I too would be in bits watching it now. 

Fucking sharp tooth!

Finally got round to watching Silver Linings Playbook.  Wonderful.  Some superb scenes.  Bradley Cooper is a class actor.  Feel-good ending which I couldn’t really enjoy for fear it would be snatched away at the last second (particularly with an earlier reference within the film to a Hemingway book that had a very sad ending). 8/10 or 5 (in joke) 

Movie 30 (Kid #2) -- Mrs Doubtfire 7/10. It still has its moments and it gave me a few chuckles but jeez, I didn't realize until now how much everyone sucks in this movie. The Robin Williams character would be impossible to live with, refuses to take responsibility for his actions, and in the end blames the fact that he's left with supervised visits on his ex-wife despite lying for months and breaching trust. Sally Fields is too highly strung about a tidy house, is a bitch when she drops the kids off an hour late and picks them up an hour early, and is beyond stupid not to realize who the housekeeper really is. It's overthinking like this that ended up spoiler Ferris Bueller for me. What a fucking p***k he turned out to be.

23 hours ago, stanton said:

Sherlock Holmes day on TCM , Basil Rathbone  & Nigel Bruce  catching the bad guys and saving the day 

At the start of one of their films it says "Based on the story Dancing Men by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle". 

If so it is real blink and you'll miss it.

Enjoyable all the same.

I assume you know about "The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes" which includes Loch Ness.