What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Green Book 8/10. Based on a true story. A street wise army veteran of Italian descent gets the gig driving an African American concert pianist on a tour of the deep South. Well cast, with great dialogue and the relationship development of the two lead characters is a joy to watch. I'm rarely a fan of Hollywood output. However this film is more like a French film in that it concentrates on good dialogue and telling a good story.  Highly recommended. Not one for whizz bang, CGI filled,  American gung ho bullshit fans.

The Perfection is fucking batshit. In both a good and bad way at different times. More good though. I'll probably go 8 or 9 for the sheer spectacle at times and it's NEVER dull, but prepare for some grizzly shit if you watch it. Even by horror standards, it gets grim.

16 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

The Perfection 

7/10

More twists and turns than a twisty turny thing..But really enjoyed this a bit diffrent than I thought it was going to be. Best not reading too much about it before you watch. Would recommend a watch 

I just finished watching this on the back of this post. Like you recommended, I went in blind with no clue what to expect but I found it thoroughly enjoyable. Most twisty indeed. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Godzilla King of the Monsters. Absolutely terrible storyline but I’m Godzilla daft and loved watching it kick ass. 

My thoughts exactly. 

The guy ejecting himself from the plane will be a scene I watch over and over again. Utterly hilarious and totally inevitable. 

The Perfection is fucking batshit. In both a good and bad way at different times. More good though. I'll probably go 8 or 9 for the sheer spectacle at times and it's NEVER dull, but prepare for some grizzly shit if you watch it. Even by horror standards, it gets grim.

That fucking end scene though!!!

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
It really is quite some effort to take a story as good as this and make it so fucking dull. The fact they've now done that twice is really impressive.
Sansa Stark has annoyed me already just by watching the adverts. I don't have high hopes.

On 13/05/2019 at 23:25, Comrie said:

Dead Man's Shoes

Sensational performance from Paddy Considine. Feels like Rambo in Derbyshire. Not an awful lot of gore/blood but it feels more intense because of it.

"You, you were supposed to be a monster - now I'm the fucking beast. There's blood on my hands, from what you made me do."

9/10

"You're fuckin' there mate. Now get in that car and f**k off".

15 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Brawl in Cell Block 99

This was great. It felt like a 70s prison movie, with a dash of cartoonish elements. I liked that music was present only outside, and all the action had no music at all. Always great when Udo Kier shows up in a film.

8/10

I eventually put this on on Friday after recommendation here and never made it until the end. Couldn't enjoy it at all, the acting in it is terrible. 

Xmen Dark Phoenix 

Some fight scenes were decent although everyone seemed to exclusively get impaled as the only means of death. 

Sophie Turner was wooden and genuinely out of her depth in this. Fassbender seemed to be the only actor with any charisma. 

The soundtrack was a continuous track and became nauseating. 

I hoped the franchise would go out with a bang but it was an horrendous drag to sit through. Hopefully the Xmen are cinematically buried for at least a decade. 

3/10

12 hours ago, the snudge said:

Xmen Dark Phoenix 

Some fight scenes were decent although everyone seemed to exclusively get impaled as the only means of death. 

Sophie Turner was wooden and genuinely out of her depth in this. Fassbender seemed to be the only actor with any charisma. 

The soundtrack was a continuous track and became nauseating. 

I hoped the franchise would go out with a bang but it was an horrendous drag to sit through. Hopefully the Xmen are cinematically buried for at least a decade. 

3/10

No chance they will be, disney/marvel will already be writing ways to introduce them to the mcu