What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I would urge you to give this gem of a film another chance. It's sheer comedy genius. The best part about it is when you realise (usually about 15 minutes into the film) that Americans will totally love it as they'll think it's a film about how great the good ol' US of A is... when really it's the biggest piss-take I've ever seen!

Correct :P

I can barely take Matt Damon seriously now after seeing it :lol:

Watched "Bonfire Of The Vanities" on Friday night. Really enjoyed it, good biting satire. Funny seeing Tom Hanks in a role that seemed perfect for Hugh Grant. 7/10 B)

Edited to add: Melanie Griffiths was smoulderingly sexy in it too. Had never seen her in that light before :o

Edited by supermac

Borat - 4/10

Two funny parts, the rest was utter drivel, including a 5 minute scene with 2 naked men wrestling on bed's and chasing each other with dildo's. That's plain weird.

What were the funny parts? I laughed uncontrollably at the "cat in the hat" jibe :D

What were the funny parts? I laughed uncontrollably at the "cat in the hat" jibe :D

The part at the hotel reception, after meeting the black youth's, where he calls the hotel worker "Vanilla face" and goes on to speak in that manner, and the bit at the elderly Jewish couples B&B. The fact they carried a bear about in the back of their van was also amusing. Nothing else was really funny.

Hard Candy 9/10

Excellent, excellent, excellent!

A 32 paedo 'lures' a 14 year old over the internet to meet him. But actually, who's the predator and who's the prey? From that cunningly phrased question, you'll have guessed the tables are turned on the molestor.

It's brilliantly written and performed. Sometimes you feel sympathy for the older man and other times you're irritated by the young girl. The characters are realisticallt written eg the paedo doesn't have thick tinted glasses and greasy hair in a combover, he's a 'real' person.

It's stylistically shot, too. It looks really rich, despite the fact it's mainly shot in one house. It keeps up a relentless pace and doesn't insult the audience's intellegence. It isn't written as black and white, but, also, doesn't make any excuses for sexual predators. It's very clever.

A must see.

Watched "Bonfire Of The Vanities" on Friday night. Really enjoyed it, good biting satire. Funny seeing Tom Hanks in a role that seemed perfect for Hugh Grant. 7/10 B)

Edited to add: Melanie Griffiths was smoulderingly sexy in it too. Had never seen her in that light before :o

God. Read the book, then rewatch the film. I've rarely been more disappointed in a film.

R.V.

What was I thinking renting this in the first place? A 'fun' family comedy starring madcap Robin Williams? Why, oh why did I get this out?!

A very bad film. Not even in the realms of so bad it's good, just bad. Cliched comedy, Robin Williams with loads of those bits where he puts on a 'funny' voice, a big sappy finale, a horrible unlikeable cast, it was shit.

Shit shit shit

Shit

1/10

i can multitask :)

you seen it?

Yeah, thought it was very good,. Very well directed and acted with great characterization, but there wasn't a great deal of story. I know it's more about the change in the family dynamic perceptions of personality and blah blah blah, but it just seemd a bit abrupt in parts.