What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It was quite a poor film - preferred the book. Do you think they change the film so that there are still surprises for the people who read the book, or do they do it to thoroughly annoy the folk who read the book?

They changed the film because it would take too long to explain a lot of the things in the book. The surprises they made no sense at the end. First they say Sophie is the last of the blood line, then they intoduce her gran! :blink:

On the plus side though, never seen Roslyn Chapel without hunners of scaffolding. :rolleyes:

It was quite a poor film - preferred the book. Do you think they change the film so that there are still surprises for the people who read the book, or do they do it to thoroughly annoy the folk who read the book?

The Da Vinci Code was never likely to make a good film. They handled the 'history' and the suspense well, but the enjoyment of the book is about the puzzles, and they don't really translate well from print to celluloid. How do you make a film about a series of word games?

I saw The Departed the night before last. Decent enough "actioner", and I quite enjoyed it, but it really had very little substance. Scorsese really doesn't make them like he used to.

I haven't seen the Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs, of which I understand the Departed is just an American remake. I can't say I'm really interested in looking for it now, either. Funny to see a couple of posters above confuse it with Internal Affairs, which is a whole other movie.

I watched a Korean film called R-Point about some soldiers on a mission to find some other soldiers who have gone missing on an island off Vietnam. It turns out things aren't what they seem and there is the obligatory long haired freaky asian chick to confuse matters.

A bit disappointed, I'd give it a 6

I watched a Korean film called R-Point about some soldiers on a mission to find some other soldiers who have gone missing on an island off Vietnam. It turns out things aren't what they seem and there is the obligatory long haired freaky asian chick to confuse matters.

A bit disappointed, I'd give it a 6

What on earth were you expecting?!

Fright Night - usual 80s comedy horror, where horror takes the back seat.

6/10, loses a point for having Amanda Bearse in it, she destroyed Married with Children, and she destroyed this as well.

:blink:

Hoping for something a bit more original? :unsure:

Nah, I just mean that you watched a Korean film, fair play for trying something new, but didn't seem to like that there was a long-haired Asian girl in it!!!

Nah, I just mean that you watched a Korean film, fair play for trying something new, but didn't seem to like that there was a long-haired Asian girl in it!!!

Point 1 watching a Korean film is not something new. A bit patronising of you......

Point 2 given the amount of freaky long haired asian chicks in films there has been (the grudge, the ring etc...) I was hoping a film about soldiers and ghosts might not have said freaky girl in it.

Point 1 watching a Korean film is not something new. A bit patronising of you......

Point 2 given the amount of freaky long haired asian chicks in films there has been (the grudge, the ring etc...) I was hoping a film about soldiers and ghosts might not have said freaky girl in it.

Yeah a white American girl is really the same as a "freaky long haired asian chick" :rolleyes: