What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I'll just leave this here...http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Also, one of the sad things about the decline of the Italian film industry was that we never saw an unofficial rip-off sequel called Schindler's List 2: Schindler's Pissed, in which a haunted Oskar Schindler travels the globe executing escaped Nazis in a Death Wish-stylee. Hell, they might even have had enough budget to get Liam Neeson for it, back in those days.

I would watch the hell out of that film.

My mates and I came up with a cracking idea, remake some classic films but with Jim Carrey in full on rubber face ace ventura/cable guy mode playing one of the main characters.

The first one we came up with was Schindlers List 2 - Are ye a fan o' the gas?

Everyone else would be playing it completely straight and incredibly sombre throughout apart from Carrey who would be giving laldy every time he appears on screen.

Discussing this concept was one of the funniest evenings of my life, although it may have had something to do with choice of herb ingested that evening.

Probably had to be there :)

The Goonies 9/10

I made my 5 year old watch this with me at the weekend. It's just remains a joy even after all this time. (The boy loved it too by the way).

Always surprises me how foul-mouthed kids films were in this era. Cracking film - used to watch it over and over as a youngster and watched it with all the family recently.

My mates and I came up with a cracking idea, remake some classic films but with Jim Carrey in full on rubber face ace ventura/cable guy mode playing one of the main characters.

The first one we came up with was Schindlers List 2 - Are ye a fan o' the gas?

Everyone else would be playing it completely straight and incredibly sombre throughout apart from Carrey who would be giving laldy every time he appears on screen.

Discussing this concept was one of the funniest evenings of my life, although it may have had something to do with choice of herb ingested that evening.

Probably had to be there :)

That's exactly the kind of conversations I have with the wife.

By which I mean that I come up with that kind of stuff, and the wife looks at me like she wonders what happened to the man she married :lol:

Went to see Woody Allen's latest - Irrational Man - last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did Mrs Bold who is not a Woody fan. (She probably enjoyed it because Allen's not in it!) Joaquin Phoenix is, though, and what a god that guy is. Emma Stone is great too and the story is pure Woody with you laughing at stuff that ought not to be funny. Do see.

The Visit

Not even sure what this film was attempting to be. It was absolutely awful. There are no redeeming qualities to it and it seems to drag on for ages despite only actually being around 90 minutes long.

So bad in fact, me and my friend have agreed to never let her pick a film to go see again.

Perfect reasoning to make your next watch Midnight In Paris.

I hated that film the first time I saw it. Loved it the second time and watched it a couple of more times thereafter. Woody Allen is on a bit of a streak at the moment. Brilliant.

Thought Super 8 from a few years ago was a very enjoyable homage to The Goonies.

I know what you mean. In fact I think it would have been a better film if it stopped trying to reference Spielberg continually and focused on the fun. The love letter to E.T. and Close Encounters was nice and I loved the film but l think it missed the sense of wonder a classic kids film should have.

Edited to add - and yes, there are a few more swearies than I remembered in The Goonies.

Edited by killienick

The Battle of the Five Armies: 6/10

Actually wasn't that bad of a film, but some of the fight scenes did drag, and some liberties taken with the plot/characters from the original book. Did seem a bit too long (though not really a problem for me as I was flat on my back in the ICU at hospital at the time)

The Culling

Paranormal Xperience

Poltergeist Activity

Exeter

I tried to take the DVDs to the local effluent treatment facility, but they weren't equipped to deal with such a massive quantity of shit :(

Watched a film called "The visit" in the cinema and enjoyed it. Went into it thinking it was going to be very eerie and creepy horror film, which it was in parts but it was packed with funny moments as well and I went through all sorts of emotions watching it. Would recommend

I can only echo these comments, pretty decent film.

7/10

It was the only film i have watched in recent memory that i have felt that way as in not knowing whether to laugh or to hide away for fear. It was creepy, jumpy, eerie, uncertain and hilarious all at once,

Aye, he was great fun. The running gag with female pop stars instead of swearing was good. There is one complaint, although there is a good side that helps cancel it out...

The twist was just ridiculously predictable. I'd be stunned if most people didn't nail the whole situation by a quarter of the way through. Thankfully, the twist only plays a small part in the absolutely mental climax which had all sorts of brilliant stuff going on, capped off by the wee guy delivering one of my favourite death scenes ever. I think the big finale had to be good after the twist, and I'm actually sure Shyamalan knew that people would get it early doors, because he started throwing out swerves. The "actor" running thing, and the mention of aliens, with the latter having me and my little cousin begging for that not to be the case.

Suppose it's more of a minor gripe than a complaint.

Definitely, i certainly wasn't bored anyway!

I found the wee guy to be very obnoxious as well which contributed to one of the loudest laughs i have ever given out in public (I'm pretty sure one moment stands out above them all!)

There was also the moment when the penny dropped (for the mother) that was one of the most shocked and creeped out i have ever been at a film because i really didn't see that coming in a film of such constant strangeness and uncertainty.