What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Legend.

Tom Hardy done well with both. Pissed myself with the rant in a pub about a western shoutout whilst reggie pours a pint of Guinness :lol:

7/10, definitely rewatchable, I do agree it's about 30 minutes too long.

Legend.

Tom Hardy done well with both. Pissed myself with the rant in a pub about a western shoutout whilst reggie pours a pint of Guinness :lol:

7/10, definitely rewatchable, I do agree it's about 30 minutes too long.

It actually needed a rewatch for me. First viewing it was quite pish, but I agreed to see it with my cousin as well, which meant I had to see it again, and I actually enjoyed it second time out.

Legend - 7.5/10 - Tom Hardy is fantastic. Film goes on about 20-30 minutes too long, but overall very good.

Men, Women & Children - 8/10 - Watched this after someone on here posted about it and I'd never heard of it before. Thought it was excellent. Adam Sandler needs to grow up gracefully and play these sorts of roles from now on because he does them very well. Which leads me to....

Jack & Jill - 1/10 - Was bored one night and wanted to watch something before I went to my scratcher. Saw this on Netflix so watched it to see if it was really as bad as it looks/people say. It is. Avoid at all costs.

Thought Legend was brilliant, agree that Tom Hardy is fantastic. Thinking about going to see it again

Probably going to catch Legend and Everest this weekend. Can't be doing with 3d though, even the big IMAX thing.

Watched Grave of the Fireflies the other day. It's the first subtitled film my daughter has watched (she is 10) and she stuck it straight back on again to watch again. Hard to find fault with any of the Ghibli films. A bit of a masterpiece. Utterly bleak subject matter but also uplifting with the positivity of the kids and the beautiful animation.

Watched Spooks: The Greater Good and Entourage, both follow-ups to 2 of my favourite TV shows.

Both are essentially extended episodes of the show, featuring all the best bits. Spooks had Harry being a sneaky b*****d, along with some clever nods to classic spy ideas, while Entourage had Ari being Ari, Drama being hilarious, and some worldy birds.

Both 7/10 for me.

Schindlers list - 8.5/10.

Was bubbling , was angry , was happy. Such a wonderful film to finish on.

Unsure what to start watching now.

I'll just leave this here...http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Also, one of the sad things about the decline of the Italian film industry was that we never saw an unofficial rip-off sequel called Schindler's List 2: Schindler's Pissed, in which a haunted Oskar Schindler travels the globe executing escaped Nazis in a Death Wish-stylee. Hell, they might even have had enough budget to get Liam Neeson for it, back in those days.

I would watch the hell out of that film.

I'll just leave this here...http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

Also, one of the sad things about the decline of the Italian film industry was that we never saw an unofficial rip-off sequel called Schindler's List 2: Schindler's Pissed, in which a haunted Oskar Schindler travels the globe executing escaped Nazis in a Death Wish-stylee. Hell, they might even have had enough budget to get Liam Neeson for it, back in those days.

I would watch the hell out of that film.

I just watched Schindlers List again the other day, as it had popped up on Prime. One of the very few films guaranteed to bring tears to my jaded old eyes. The last few minutes never fail to reduce me to a dribbling mess. Sure, Spielberg plays the emotional card, but this actually happened in the lifetime of people we know.

Pleased to say I haven't watched any of the bottom hundred - and purely from the titles,I can't see that changing any time soon.

Watch the top rated movie by country:

e.g. Japan: http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=jp&title_type=feature&num_votes=10000,&sort=user_rating,desc

Italy: http://www.imdb.com/search/title?countries=it&title_type=feature&num_votes=10000,&sort=user_rating,desc

Or Top 5 by a randomly selected five countries.

Or just fucking watch this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244316/

Or go outside and get some fresh air.

New Jack City

Haven't seen it in years, decent cast of Ice T, Wesley Snipes, Mario Van Peebles, Judd Nelson and Chris Rock. Flavour Flav makes an appearance too.

Ice T tries to bring down Snipes' drug empire, everyone tries to act cool, theres some Fresh Prince dancing, its so early 90s.

3/10

Pleased to say I haven't watched any of the bottom hundred - and purely from the titles,I can't see that changing any time soon.

I've seen eleven, as things stand, and without even being aware they were on there. So much work yet to be done. It might be more, but I've seen so many films with "Zombie" in the title that they all just mesh together into a big ball of unconvincing latex makeup.

I'd love to see 'The Maize', because it's apparently about a killer field of corn. I loved M. Night Shyamalan's movie about people outrunning killer wind, so I'm thinking this would be right up my alley.

I've seen eleven, as things stand, and without even being aware they were on there. So much work yet to be done. It might be more, but I've seen so many films with "Zombie" in the title that they all just mesh together into a big ball of unconvincing latex makeup.

I'd love to see 'The Maize', because it's apparently about a killer field of corn. I loved M. Night Shyamalan's movie about people outrunning killer wind, so I'm thinking this would be right up my alley.

I've seen 8 of them. :unsure:

I've seen 8 of them. :unsure:

Any recommendations?

Birdemic and Manos: The Hands of Fate need to be seen to be believed. Plus, Jurassic Shark used to be one of my son's favourite films. He swore blind it was a sequel to Jurassic Park...bless! :P

Unfriended - group of teens chatting over the internet are roped into a deadly game by a mysterious addition to their group on the anniversary of a friend's death.

This was OK. The whole thing is presented as the view of a single character's screen, with plenty of well-known apps and websites being used to further the story. Frankly, it can come across as a bit of a paid ad at times, with plenty of screen time for Skype, Google Chrome, Spotify, Facebook, Chatroulette, etc. Strangely for a found footage film, it would probably have been better to see in the cinema, or possibly a very large TV, as the screen is often filled with text, some of which isn't easy to read. The makers were clearly keen to make the film as authentic as possible, but the sheer amount of video artifacting also gets annoying quickly, and doesn't further the story in any way.The second half also suffers from a particularly poor performance from lead Heather Sossaman, whose hysterical overacting is terribly annoying.

Unfortunately, the story doesn't go anywhere surprising, and turns into another I Know What You Did Last Summer style retread with a Paranormal Activity-esque ending that is tired and anticlimactic. Worth a look if you like the genre, but go in with low expectations for best results.

Edit: I also got the feeling that this was meant for a much younger audience, strangely, as it feels like the sort of bullshit internet urban legend that my son might be spooked by.

Hellbound: Hellraiser 2: poor epilogue to the original film, with copious flashbacks to it and earlier scenes in itself. Kirsty, the survivor from the original film, is brought to an asylum while the police investigate the prior events. Unfortunately, the asylum's head is an occult worshipper compelled to uncover the secrets of the puzzle box.

The film just seems like an excuse to re-visit the cenobites without really going anywhere, and treads water for virtually its entire length, starting and ending from unsatisfactory and uninteresting positions. The whole thing is just very dull, and isn't helped by a new character who comes across as a cross between Freddy Krueger and Arnie's Mr Freeze.

Think I'm going to work through the whole set; I've only seen 1-3. I get the feeling it's going to be like trawling through the Friday the 13th series, only worse :shutup

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave