What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Men, Woman & Children. A film based around the love lives of 4 or 5 different couples. Adam Sandler, Jennifer Garner and Dean Norris being the biggest names in the film along with that young guy who is in everything just now. You know the one.

Really enjoyed it - was surprised to read online that it's not had good reviews as it's quiet a solid film. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Annie

Watched it with my little girl last night. Feel good sing-a-long film. Jamie Foxx has a decent voice.

6/10

Jamie Foxx singing the American national anthem before the Mayweather - Pacquaio fight is one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever witnessed.

The Wolfpack

Documentary about a group of siblings that had been kept from the outside world by their father, the only knowledge they had of the world was through movies which they re-enacted in their apartment...

fairly amazing stuff here ,a well made thought provoking piece of work that gives you a different twist on relatonships with movies, the bond the family has through them is shown well Perhaps not the absoloute best docu-film ever made but a very good one and I would advise anyone to give it a go, especially real movie buffs. 8/10

Sounds crackin, will give it a go.

Legend

Must admit - I was a little bit disappointed with this. For a film that lasted well over two hours, it felt like it skimmed the surface a bit too much for my liking. It'll look great on Tom Hardy's cv and he was excellent as the Kray twins and Emily Browning is decent as Frances as well, but ultimately this movie lacked a spark. I don't think it helped that the N.W.A biopic was recently released - it certainly doesn't measure up to that.

5/10

Pride - 7/10

Very enjoyable film. Tells the story of the LGSM, (Lesbians & Gays Support Miners), during the 1980's miners strike. As a snapshot in time in is quite shocking to see the prejudice and ignorance of the time.

This film has a great cast who are all on top form to deliver some big laughs as well as some poignant moments.

Watched this last night, agree with everything said. A thoroughly enjoyable film.

I'm watching Edward Scissorhands for the first time. Does it ever explain why he has scissors for hands? I know he is supposedly not finished but at what point when building a man do you put massive scissors at the end of his arms?

He did the scissors himself. That was the part of him that wasn't finished.

Legend - I was disappointed. Tom Hardy's performance held it together but the script was poor. The narration throughout the movie was cringe-worthy and Emily Browning read it pretty terribly. In terms of her character Frances, Browning probably did the best that she could. The script-writers ensured that she had absolutely no personality whatsoever. I shed no tears when

she popped her clogs. In fact, I was delighted to get rid of her moaning pus.

. 5/10

Straight Outta Compton - With Dre and Ice Cube involved in the production, it's difficult to say how much they left out of the story in order to save face. Having said that, I thought the film was very good and extremely well-acted. 7.5/10

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 7.5/10.

Enjoyed this one much more than the first, felt the story as a whole was more solid. Couple of really funny bits throughout and liked the amount of screentime that each character got. I will say though that Ruffalo was right poor in this I thought, considering he's a half decent actor.

Watched a ton of stuff over the weekend: Fantastic Four - a massive pile of steaming shit, and i'm very easily pleased when it comes to superhero fluff so you know it's bad 0/10.

The Hellstrom Chronicle - Started watching this but there was a massive fight outside my flat so i stopped to watch. The first 20 minutes were amazing though, part documentary and part science fiction. It's about a (fictional) scientist who believes that insects will win the fight for control of the planet, The photography is amazing and the soundtrack sublime. The first 20 minutes gets 10/10 but i might revisit the rest tonight. Didn't want it spoiled with all the banging so watched...

...Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade instead which is the best Indiana Jones film, 7/10.

The Longest Yard - Adam Sandler prison sports comedy, remake of the same film that was remade as Mean Machine. It's stupid, predictable, crass, hokey and smarmy, but i laughed at bits and didn't hate it, 4/10.

Horrible Bosses 2 - Stupid and shit, couple of good gay and dick jokes, 2/10.

Maze Runner 2 - The Scorch Trials - Really stupid and really shit. Ooooh can we trust Littlefinger? Is he the bad guys? Are the other bad guys really the bad guys or not? (HINT - They're called WCKD - World Crisis Killzone Department) Are you getting an idea of how shit and stupid this is yet? That's before they get to the stupid, shit zombies and the stupid, shit mountain resistance. Stupid and really shit, 1/10 for Littlefinger being Littlefinger.

St Vincent - This was nice, good child actor, splendid turn from Bill Murray although i think his stroke sufferer impression was a bit OTT. Melissa McCarthy is really not that annoying at all when she plays it straight. Weird bit with Naomi Watts as a pregnant Russian stripper/prostitute with a hat of gold. Just nice, 7/10.

He did the scissors himself. That was the part of him that wasn't finished.

No. He had the scissors on already when Vincent Lee was showing him his new hands. The hands then got cut to pieces by the scissors. There is absolutely no good reason for the scissors other than the fact that is looked cool.

The soundtrack to this film is what we had playing when the wife and I got married.

Avengers: Age of Ultron 6.5/10

Enjoyable but not as good as the first in my opinion. I liked the team dynamic and camaraderie like the comics incarnation of the Avengers. Interesting relationship between Hulk and Widow. Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch were underused I feel, there wasn't much introduction or character development there and Ultron just seemed quite weak compared to his comic counterpart. I'll give it another go tonight though.

The Hellstrom Chronicle - Started watching this but there was a massive fight outside my flat so i stopped to watch. The first 20 minutes were amazing though, part documentary and part science fiction. It's about a (fictional) scientist who believes that insects will win the fight for control of the planet, The photography is amazing and the soundtrack sublime. The first 20 minutes gets 10/10 but i might revisit the rest tonight. Didn't want it spoiled with all the banging so watched...

I was hoping you were going to review the fight, tbh.