What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Riot Club (4/10)

Uses a sledgehammer to deliver a message that the blue bloods and aristocracy use power, wealth and privilege to steamroll through life and into positions of influence - who knew?!. Working and Middle class archetypes are the collateral damage in this remarkably one dimensional drama.

Don't bother.

The Guest - I'm presuming the writers of this film imagined the ending of the film and then just built a story around that. Essentially Dan Stevens plays a former soldier who is basically a f**ked up Jason Bourne.

The ending is just mental but how on Earth would a school allocate that much funds to a halloween party? :lol:

7/10 - just utter rubbish but good entertainment with some good one-liners. Well acted.

The Riot Club (4/10)

Uses a sledgehammer to deliver a message that the blue bloods and aristocracy use power, wealth and privilege to steamroll through life and into positions of influence - who knew?!. Working and Middle class archetypes are the collateral damage in this remarkably one dimensional drama.

Don't bother.

Hated this, turned it off after 20 minutes. Did everyone die of a horrible disease in the end? that would be the only satisfactory ending.

Hated this, turned it off after 20 minutes. Did everyone die of a horrible disease in the end? that would be the only satisfactory ending.

Unfortunately not. It transpires that the super rich can do, pretty much, what they want. Revelations eh?

Inside Out- 8/10

The last 30 minutes really pulled it together for me once I realised how intelligent the film had been throughout.

I was hoping for a film version of the Numbskulls though

Bing bong- What can you say about the guy?

:bairn

It was the student cutting about in an aston martin (i think) that sent me over the edge.

c***s

Aye. Then he posts the keys through the letterbox of a charity shop and one of the boys pipes up "but the homeless can't drive" which was the only funny line in the entire movie

The Wolfpack

Documentary about a group of siblings that had been kept from the outside world by their father, the only knowledge they had of the world was through movies which they re-enacted in their apartment...

fairly amazing stuff here ,a well made thought provoking piece of work that gives you a different twist on relatonships with movies, the bond the family has through them is shown well Perhaps not the absoloute best docu-film ever made but a very good one and I would advise anyone to give it a go, especially real movie buffs. 8/10

Agree with this. John Cena was pretty funny as well.

Watched The Imposter last night. An amazing documentary on a boy who went missing aged 13 in texas in 1994. In 1997 he is "found" in Spain. You would think the title gives everything away but it doesn't, highly recommend

8.5/10

The Imposter has to be one of the creepiest things I've watched, on various levels. Absorbing viewing

The Imposter has to be one of the creepiest things I've watched, on various levels. Absorbing viewing

It was incredible, you think the story is just about this one guy pretending to be someone else but as it unravels you slowly switch from thinking the family were just overcome with grief to realising that there is something sinister behind their motives.

Edited by ilostmyself

It was incredible, you think the story is just about this one guy pretending to be someone else but as it unravels you slowly switch from thinking the family were just overcome with grief to realising that there is something sinister behind their motives.

Shhhh.....I've downloaded it to watch later;)

The Babadook:

Thought it was great. Really scary but not through dumbed down jump scares but rather just being very creepy and using some pretty horrible images. It was also very much grounded in reality which makes it easier to provide scares and also spoke for a wider topic rather than just making people scared. The quick cuts at times felt a bit distracting and I thought several characters were pretty useless but other than that I loved it.

8/10