What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Spellbound on channel four, a documentary about American spelling bees. 10/10. Riveting, appalling and heartbreaking in equal measures. I'm so glad I don't like shite films. Like Closer, the worst film in the history of the world ever.

Spellbound on channel four, a documentary about American spelling bees.  10/10. Riveting, appalling and heartbreaking in equal measures.  I'm so glad I don't like shite films.  Like Closer, the worst film in the history of the world ever.

472681[/snapback]

Ironically, when I first looked at that I misread it and thought it was a film about a type of American bee. :ph34r:

Couldn't really see how it could have riveting, appalling or heartbreaking... let alone all three!

I watched The Gangs Of New York the other day again when I was laid up.

Thats twice I have watched it now and I still dont really know if I liked it or not. Mind you I was pished the first time I watched it. :rolleyes:

Take away Daniel Day Lewis' portrayal of Bill the Butcher though and there would no doubt it would have been a pile of pish. Leonarda Di Caprio and Cameron Diaz were way out their depth in it and her character is laughable.

I will give it pass marks though due to Ford Kiernan's performance as one of the fire chieves. :)

Ironically, when I first looked at that I misread it and thought it was a film about a type of American bee. :ph34r:

Couldn't really see how it could have riveting, appalling or heartbreaking... let alone all three!

472686[/snapback]

A tragic tale of a young honeybee, brought up in Baltimore's seedier district. Against the odds, he learns to love again, thanks to a new teacher played by Tom Hanks. Sadly, the bee then contracts HIV, and spends his dying days befriending homeless bees and teaching them to play basketball.

I went to see a couple of films last weekend with the missus.

First one was Sideways, which I thought was good. I don't really go for most comedy films, the kind of slapstick humour that seems to be all pervading these days doesn't really appeal to me. I had seen one of the directors previous films (Election) and I really enjoyed it and Sideways was also enjoyable. It was kind of slow, but I liked that and it built up to be very funny indeed by the end. There was a touch of melancolia about it as well which I liked. Overall - 7/10

A couple of days later we went to see Sahara after finding ourselves at a loose end. It was a complete load of pish but was enjoyable in a brainless kind of way. It's the kind of film you'd watch on telly when you've nothing to do and relatively enjoy it. I'd give it 5/10.

A tragic tale of a young honeybee, brought up in Baltimore's seedier district.  Against the odds, he learns to love again, thanks to a new teacher played by Tom Hanks.  Sadly, the bee then contracts HIV, and spends his dying days befriending homeless bees and teaching them to play basketball.

472729[/snapback]

Sounds a better plot than a film about a spelling bee!

Last film I went to see was Closer.

Jude Law, Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman and Clive Owen. Was more of a character study than a film really.

Natalie Portman is lovely but to balance that I hate Jude Law. Couldnt care less about the other two.

Wouldnt really recommend it I dont think, but Ive seen worse - much worse.

Id say 4/10. Watch it if it comes on Sky and theres nothing better on.

472357[/snapback]

You went to see that with a lady friend though, right? :ph34r:

I want to see it purely for Clive Owen. I love Clive Owen. :wub:

Danny Dyer

472738[/snapback]

:wub:

Last films I watched were The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy. First one got 9/10 from me, the second wasn't as good as the first so 7/10 for that/ I watched Gothika a few weeks ago too, starring Halle Berry. I love it when a film ends and you go "Eh, what? :o" I didn't see that one coming! 8/10 for that one.

Don't bother going to the cinema, I get bored.