What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched this recently and also enjoyed it. It's uncomfortable to watch at times but well acted and totally bizarre. That fucking mask.

The wife thought that was fucking hysterical. Every now and then she still yelps "Peachfuzz!" and cackles away to herself.

Thinking about getting a new wife TBH <_<

I watched this recently and also enjoyed it. It's uncomfortable to watch at times but well acted and totally bizarre. That fucking mask.

It was the tubby time bit that creeped me more than anything, but probably because that was the first time that the "get the f**k out of there" radar went mental.

I Origins (6/10)

New York hipster evolutionary scientist meets other hipsters and normal people, and is made to start wondering about evolution/science v spirituality, and has various adventures based around all that. I'm annoyed at this film more than anything - it was very enjoyable in places and hits home on many of the 'signs' thing, but half way through it became clear I was being set up and then preached to by religion.

Point docked for the setup/preaching, but half a point added back in for the adorable Sofi.

Definitely worth watching despite my middling score.

Test score near the end is 44%, random chance score is 33%. That's an 11 point difference. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by banana

Ant Man

Another pretty good addition to the MCU collection. The visual gags are probably the highlight of the movie, and there are two in particular that still make me laugh thinking about them now. Ant-Man is fairly likeable as well, as are his old buddies, who we don't really get to see enough of outside of Luis. Heard a lot about the smaller scale of the movie, but I don't think that really rings true. They get the mix between the simple and the visual brilliance just about the same as any other instalment of the MCU.

8/10

On now: A Few Good Men

A shitty film about w****r lawyers. If I have a Pol Pot moment those lawyer cumstains will be the first to go. The c***s!

Why do the Americans get such a fucking hard-on about trials? They are fucking boring. I would rather watch Arnie indiscriminately blowing people away than sit through another fucking lawyer tale.

1/10 for actually making a film

Edited by Scary Bear

A shitty film about w****r lawyers. If I have a Pol Pot moment those lawyer cumstains will be the first to go. The c***s!

Why do the Americans get such a fucking hard-on about trials? They are fucking boring. I would rather watch Arnie indiscriminately blowing people away than sit through another fucking lawyer tale.

Can't handle the truth type post IMO.

The Human Centipede 3

Tom Six decides to go down the comedy route for his final stroll down surgical ATM alley. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the way of comedy to be had. The film's exactly what a 12 year old would come up with if you asked them to make the most offensive and horrifying thing they could; missing the mark spectacularly in every aspect, as you'd imagine. The whole thing centres around Dieter Laser's performance, which sets new standards for scenery-chewing, and must go down as one of the worst performances in cinema history. Just atrociously bad in every way imaginable.

If you do watch it, you'll need to think of something else to get you through the whole self-indulgent, boring, attention-seeking mess - try picturing Bill Boss as a bitter, insane, down on his luck Duke Nukem. Who, erm, has developed a German accent for some reason. Fits surprisingly well.

This post reminds me of when Homer gets Mel Gibson to rewrite a film.

All in favour, say 'die'!

Edge of Tomorrow (7/10)

Knew nothing about this until firing it up, cringed a bit when Cruise appeared. Enjoyable bubble-gum sci-fi though, the repeated day storyline is one I'm a fan of. Some good humour in places and well-paced. The ending is a bit convenient and Hollywoody-all-sorted-in-time-for-tea-and-he-gets-the-girl, but forgivable.

The Prestige:

Thought it was great. Story kept me thinking the whole time and, despite sometimes being quite slow, I never lost interest. My only gripe is I felt that the big reveal at the end was a little too convenient. Not my favourite Nolan film (third to The Dark Knight and Memento) but still really enjoyed it.

9/10

Lynn, message from Alan. Something to pitch to Tony Hayers at BBC lunch, Friday. American lawyer relocated to the mean streets of Norwich. Teams up with local lawyer. Initially they hate each other but bond over a case involving historic child abuse by well known entertainers. "w**k Cumstains, Attorney at Law"

Ant Man

Another pretty good addition to the MCU collection. The visual gags are probably the highlight of the movie, and there are two in particular that still make me laugh thinking about them now. Ant-Man is fairly likeable as well, as are his old buddies, who we don't really get to see enough of outside of Luis. Heard a lot about the smaller scale of the movie, but I don't think that really rings true. They get the mix between the simple and the visual brilliance just about the same as any other instalment of the MCU.

8/10

Because I can't write a review I'm stealing this. Just back from watching it, thoroughly enjoyed it.

The bit where the Thomas train just falls off the track was brilliant :lol:

Saw Ant Man on Monday. Really enjoyed it.

Think it was good timing from Marvel to release this after the huge scale of Age Of Ultron. The deliberate and self referential small scale was the perfect juxtaposition to AOU. The casting, which Marvel seem to get so right, was again spot on. The usual Marvel humour was present too which was good to see.

A good addition to the roster of Marvel films and indeed the Avengers.

Actually it's two additions now that we know Hope will be The Wasp

Edited by DA Baracus

Kajaki (6/10)

True story of some British paratroopers getting into bother in Afghanistan. Tense, gory, black humour in parts, well acted, but stretched the story of the incident out a too long, point docked. Got a real sense of the isolation these guys were/are under. Some bois.

The Human Centipede 3

Tom Six decides to go down the comedy route for his final stroll down surgical ATM alley. Unfortunately, there's nothing in the way of comedy to be had. The film's exactly what a 12 year old would come up with if you asked them to make the most offensive and horrifying thing they could; missing the mark spectacularly in every aspect, as you'd imagine. The whole thing centres around Dieter Laser's performance, which sets new standards for scenery-chewing, and must go down as one of the worst performances in cinema history. Just atrociously bad in every way imaginable.

If you do watch it, you'll need to think of something else to get you through the whole self-indulgent, boring, attention-seeking mess - try picturing Bill Boss as a bitter, insane, down on his luck Duke Nukem. Who, erm, has developed a German accent for some reason. Fits surprisingly well.

Watched this last night, one of the worst movies I have ever seen.