What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Truman Show

Jim Carrey has a brilliant dramatic performance and really should have done more in the genre. Really interesting film and very unique. The bit where the producer of the show is getting interviewed is a brilliant scene but the fact most of it is shown on a giant screen makes it feels like he's talking to the world.

8/10

Jurassic World 9/10

Just loved it. Loads of action sequences, big bangs and people getting picked off all over the shop. Plus the added bonus of some new dinosuars freshened it up a tad. One of those films i would go to see again

Aye, everyone screaming the best quotes was excellent. I liked the Mission Impossible chant during the tape bits. :lol:

MEANWHILE, IN SAN FRANCISCO

It was my first time seeing it in the cinema as well, everything about it was hilarious. It was the first time one of my mates had seen it at all, she was absolutely pissing herself.

Random movie on Netflix, settled for Chef.

Jon Favreau writes and direct this uplifting movie about a burnt out Chef, who gets a terrible review which becomes viral for not particular good reasons. He leaves his old job, goes mopey for a bit. Travels to Miami with his ex-wife, finds his joo-joo and starts a new life as a food-truck cook. This also re-kindles his relationship with his son when it was looking disastrous after Jon lost his job.

Feel good film. Jon obviously has lots of celebrity friends helping out with the odd cameo role, Scarlett Johannsen, RD Jr, Dustin Hoffman to name a few.

6.5/10

Beauty and the beast

Never seen this before but watched it with my daughter this evening. Not one of disneys better efforts in my opinion.....my daughter thoroughly enjoyed it tho

6/10

One of the greats IMO. Probably my second favourite after The Lion King. I'm guessing my opinion would be different if I was to watch it for the first time now though. The new generation have been spoiled by Pixar :)

One of the greats IMO. Probably my second favourite after The Lion King. I'm guessing my opinion would be different if I was to watch it for the first time now though. The new generation have been spoiled by Pixar :)

Lion King is a classic. Think I'm

More fond of Aladdin from the older Disney films.

Yeah Aladdin is great as well. I grew up repeatedly watching The Lion King, Peter Pan, Snow White, Beauty and The Beast, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, The Aristocats and to a point Pinocchio.

There were obviously others I watched; The Sword in The Stone, The Black Cauldron Lady and The Tramp et al (pretty much all the cartoons) but the ones in the first paragraph are the ones I watched so much that I can still quote it in large chunks to this day :lol:

Pixar have been a revelation for Disney and have produced some crackers (Toy Story easily goes into my top 5 animation flims) but I loved the older ones and still enjoy watching them even now :) Long live Disney :P

Yeah Aladdin is great as well. I grew up repeatedly watching The Lion King, Peter Pan, Snow White, Beauty and The Beast, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, The Aristocats and to a point Pinocchio.

There were obviously others I watched; The Sword in The Stone, The Black Cauldron Lady and The Tramp et al (pretty much all the cartoons) but the ones in the first paragraph are the ones I watched so much that I can still quote it in large chunks to this day :lol:

Pixar have been a revelation for Disney and have produced some crackers (Toy Story easily goes into my top 5 animation flims) but I loved the older ones and still enjoy watching them even now :) Long live Disney :P

Loved Lady and the Tramp! ;)

You missed out Robin Hood! My favourite Disney film followed by Peter Pan.

You missed out Robin Hood! My favourite Disney film followed by Peter Pan.

I missed loads, that's why I put "et al" :P I never mentioned the likes of 101 Dalmations, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella or Dumbo either :) It'd take a whole page to list all the Disney features :lol:

RUSH - Another excellent motorsport film! The actor that played Hunt was an excellent resemblance. Why had James Hunt's Hesketh's car have the Scotland flag on it does anyone know?

Edited by maicoman

RUSH - Another excellent motorsport film! The actor that played Hunt was an excellent resemblance. Why had James Hunt's Hesketh's car have the Scotland flag on it does anyone know?

Just watched it as well. Also thought it was brilliant. Both the lead actors were superb.

No Country For Old Men. I cant really score this film I dont think. I was really engrossed in a lot of the scenes but at other times I was slightly baffled so I cant really say if I liked it or not. Loved some of the performances but the movie as a whole? I cant honestly say.