What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Infini - Australian fairly low budget sci-fi film about a group of soldiers trying to rescue someone from a mining colony with a biological outbreak.

Mixture of effects and sets from Alien, Event Horizon, Red Dwarf and Prometheus but just about watchable.

Overall a bit meh.

4/10

The Drop

James Gandofini's last film alongside Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace. Two guys own a bar and use it for money laundering and get into bother.

Thought it was pretty good with the Belgian actor as Deeds a standout. Hardy's accent seemed weird and out of place but being very critical.

A decent spin on gangster films, bit more depth to it.

8/10

Beyond The Reach

A high-rolling corporate shark and his impoverished young guide play the most dangerous game during a hunting trip in the Mojave Desert.

Michael Douglas takes a break from Wall Street and goes a bit mental in the desert. Decent enough but a bit silly.

6/10

It was produced by Damien Echolls and his supporters, it's a completely one sided documentary.

Ah, I see. In fairness, they didn't try to cover that up, and it was probably only made to raise a bit of cash for him anyway. There are better resources for anyone interested in the case.

Chef (7/10)

Enjoyably cheesy mid-life/mid-career crisis foodcom led by a Woody Allen-written type character. Excellent support from the loverly, sympathetic and head-screwed-on Sofia Vergara, likeable sidekick John Luguizamo, and Scarlett Johansson. Some lovely cooking shots.

Which leads me to...

Big Night (9/10)

Favourite food film ever that talks as much about family and being genuine, by Stanley Tucci. Italian brothers try to make it in the US with a restaurant serving real Italian food. Tremendous, moving closing scene.

Tomorrowland.

I've always had a soft spot for these kinds harmless adventure films (child of the 80s so I grew up with them). The first hour is great but it does lose a bit towards the end and it becomes a but too over complicated with some of its ideas (the premise is good they just explain it in a convoluted kind of way).

Solid stuff though, 6/10.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 6/10.

Meh. Was alright but didnt grip me entirely. Gary Oldman's character was criminally underwritten and underused. Ceaser & Koba were good characters.

Evil Dead (2013) - Load of shite 1/10

I concur. I hate when films are remade for no reason.

Grumpy old men

Hadn't seen this in years and it has stood the test of time. Great comedy with an equally great story in it. They just don't make them like they used to! Burgess meridith so character is fantastic! "If you don't mount her send her too me!"

9/10

Thought the Evil Dead remake was okay, although they pussied out on the nastiness after a while.

And the answer to "why is this being remade?" is always this:

falling-money.gif

Exodus: Gods and Kings... really enjoyed Bale and Edgerton in the leads, amazing looking picture although I would have liked a bit more meat on the bone, but classic Ridley Scott . 7.5/10 which might rise if there's an extended version later.

Edited by Pete's Frontier

Exodus: Gods and Kings... really enjoyed Bale and Edgerton in the leads, amazing looking picture although I would have liked a bit more meat on the bone, but classic Ridley Scott . 7.5/10 which might rise if there's an extended version later.

Apart from the aforementioned visuals an awful film imo. Think I gave it a generous 3, classic Scott it most certainly is not. Some laughable hammy scenes.

Apart from the aforementioned visuals an awful film imo. Think I gave it a generous 3, classic Scott it most certainly is not. Some laughable hammy scenes.

I know it caught flak and didn't make money, it also upset Muslims (oh dear) and the anti Israel mob as well as some other politicised perma offended types. I just saw it as a piece of entertainment, and as such 7 out of 10. Not quite artistically as good as the Cecile B Demille version.

Edited by Pete's Frontier

I know it caught flak and didn't make money, it also upset Muslims (oh dear) and the anti Israel mob as well as some other politicised perma offended types. I just saw it as a piece of entertainment, and as such 7 out of 10. Not quite artistically as good as the Cecile B Demille version.

Oh I agree there's certainly nothing to be offended about, apart from perhaps some of the dialogue.

Just out of an advanced screening of San Andreas. Had seen no trailers so went in with no expectations.. Probably just as well lol B movie tastic tho. One of few films helped by 3d

7/10 just for ticking most of the cliché boxes