What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

That's an excellent film.

The occasional Ms LJ bought me this for Valentines Day. Still not watched it yet.

You should watch it- it's worth it for the performance of the wee boy in it alone.

By the way, it starts off pish- all twee and annoying, but bear with it.

You should watch it- it's worth it for the performance of the wee boy in it alone.

By the way, it starts off pish- all twee and annoying, but bear with it.

I fully intend to when I get a chance. I've a massive backlog of films to get through at the moment. However, this one will be near the top of the list now ;)

Double dose :o at the cinema today as bored.

Fun with Dick and Jane - really good 8/10

Good Night, and Good Luck - I've not read much about the Mcarthy communist craze in the 50's and was looking forward to seeing this, unfortunately most of it was about the press's right to free speach. Disappointing 4/10.

Scar.

Low budget 'horror' movie.

Utterly awful, in fact I couldn't believe how bad the acting was and the 'plot' had more holes than a Swiss cheese.

A resounding 0/10 I'm afraid, without question the worst film I have ever saw.

Guest Stella Addict

Went to see Unlucky Mr Slevin (or Lucky, I can't remember :ph34r: ), it was actually really quite a good film. Josh Harnet was quite amusing and Lucy Lui(sp :unsure: ) looked tidy. There is one seen where she is sitting up on a work top cross legged wearing this checked miniskirt...I was actually straining my neck to try and get a better angle, Mrs asked me what I was doing - "Sore neck ***"

8/10

I've seen it.

In the legally (;)) released version, he goes back to his mothers womb and causes his own death as his existence was never meant to be, and that was why all of the trouble in his life and other peoples lives was happening. You can borrow my dvd if you would like to see it again. :ph34r:

It was a good movie, but utterly depressing from start to finish.

To go back to this (knew there was some confusion) the version i saw was the copy where he just went back and said not to talk to him again. *something i think is a much better fit) That was on TV here so is a "legal" copy ;) so the "illegal" copy that was being talked about was probably the American version (probably because the UK version is too close to abortion for the bible belt people :rolleyes: )

Guest SaintGareth

Downfall - 9/10

Incredible movie. A fabulous portrayal of Hitler and his truly disturbing ways. Particularly interesting watching his demise from the affluent leader to the depleated man; his shaking hand epitomises his journey. The scene towards the end of the movie involving the children was truly harrowing.

Downfall - 9/10

Incredible movie. A fabulous portrayal of Hitler and his truly disturbing ways. Particularly interesting watching his demise from the affluent leader to the depleated man; his shaking hand epitomises his journey. The scene towards the end of the movie involving the children was truly harrowing.

Yeah just watched that too...thought it was excellent. The way the loyallty to him by some of his followers was portrayed was pretty scary and brutal. Very emotionally charged and claustrophobic at times...was planning to watch The Real RainMan on 5 at 11...but couldn't stop watching the film. Who was the actor who played Hitler? Thought he was great. Agree that the murder of the Goebells children was pretty horrifying. But the film handled it well.

8.5/10

America Hates Michael Moore.

It was trying to be like the one about mcdonalds in style, unfortunately it had no substance.

Two thumbs down.

America hates him too? His neddy footballing exploits really do travel :ph34r::lol:

Went to see capote last night. An astonishing performance from PSH of what I thought was a very unsympathetic character - he succeeded in making him very uncomfortable to watch and very effectively displayed the many sides to his character. The film itself was pretty average though.

6/10 for the film, 9/10 for PSH.

Who was Capote's lover? Jack someone? was he famous?

Jarhead and A History of Violence. Bought them for 70p each from a "shop" in Shanghai- just checked they were both working! Lucky for me, they did.

Jarhead was slow, with little action- wasnt really sure what genre the film was thrying to be. somewhere in between action and black comedy- only 6/10

history of violence- good, exciting watch- though painfully predictable. his wife is very hot and the 2 quick "love" scenes were quality. 7/10

America Hates Michael Moore.

It was trying to be like the one about mcdonalds in style, unfortunately it had no substance.

Two thumbs down.

:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Good to see someone adopting the thumbs scoring method ... it truely is the way forward.

You forgot the thumbs, so I've helped you out ;)

Good to see someone adopting the thumbs scoring method ... it truely is the way forward.

You forgot the thumbs, so I've helped you out ;)

Nooooo...resist the thumbs! :P

I saw the Dawn of the Dead remake last night and was remarkably surprised at how good it was. Zombies are far more effective when they are running at you at top speed. I reckon 7/10.

Tonight's viewing shall be either The Warriors, Slap Shot (which I've seen) or take myself to see Munich. Any hints?