What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou last night and absolutely loved it. Having looked around on the web it seems to be a very divisive film. If you go with it then you'll probably end up adoring it like I did. If you don't then you'll probably find it very frustrating but it's well worth watching in order to find out.

If you haven't seen any of Anderson's other work I thoroughly recommend Rushmore and The Royal Tenebaums. His new film "Grand Budapest Hotel" is also out very soon and looks decent.

I watched a documentary other day called "The Jeffery Dahmer Files" on Netflix other night. Thoroughly recommend. Interviews the detective who dealt with Dahmer, his ex neighbour and the fella who dealt with the bodies. Really interesting watch. Oddly has little dramatised sections of an actor plating Dahmer buying acid, vats and mooching about but works well. 8/10.

Edited by mrcat1990

If you haven't seen any of Anderson's other work I thoroughly recommend Rushmore and The Royal Tenebaums. His new film "Grand Budapest Hotel" is also out very soon and looks decent.

I watched a documentary other day called "The Jeffery Dahmer Files" on Netflix other night. Thoroughly recommend. Interviews the detective who dealt with Dahmer, his ex neighbour and the fella who dealt with the bodies. Really interesting watch. Oddly has little dramatised sections of an actor plating Dahmer buying acid, vats and mooching about but works well. 8/10.

Yeah I saw The Royal Tenenbaums a few years back and loved it as well, I've been meaning to give it a watch again tbh. I'm definitely gonna check out Rushmore if I get the chance as well keeping an eye out for Anderson's new film.

Got to see The Wolf of Wall Street last night and wasnt disappointed. Really showed the excesses well and i.was very impressed with Di Caprio and Jonah Hill.

Wolf of Wall Street - too long. Tries too hard to be funny, and fails most off the time. It's not a particularly interesting plot either. Money man goes corrupt, parties, gets jailed. Guid ane. Still a watchable film. 6.5/10

That's me now seen Taxi Driver, Goodfella's and the above and found none of them to be that great.

I don't like Di Caprio either. He's a w**k.

Disagree entirely. I didn't think it felt like three hours, though strangely I feel it ended rather abruptly. Found it fairly funny for what it was and the whole cinema was laughing. Plus, Di Caprio is the fucking boy.

Unpopular opinions. Any explanation why you don't like them?

Just never took to them. Only seen them both once, all the way through. I was only 17 or something when I watched Taxi Driver, so I'd need to watch it again. But it just seemed a bit weird and boring. Not much seemed to happen until the end. Goodfellas enjoyable enough, just can't see why it's seen as an all time great.

I'm not good at analyzing films.

One quality all the Scorsese films share is that you can watch them five times and they get better each time, so re-watch them for best results. I wasn't crazy about Goodfellas the first time I saw it either, but now it'd be in my top 20 or 30 films of all time, and Taxi Driver is one of my favourite films.

Narc - Gritty cop drama with Ray Liotta and Jason Patric who play two cops investigating the death of an undercover policeman. Liotta gave a decent account of himself and there were some good moments, good ending . by and large though it had a ploddish feel to it ,watchable enough . 6/10

Unstoppable - Denzel Washington plays the role of a hard bitten train driver( I didn't know there was such a thing either) who along with rookie train driver Chris Pine end up trying to stop a runaway train . Silly kind of stuff althouh Denzel is excellent as ever. Story full of holes but it was ok. 5.5/10

Last Vegas - 8/10

Went to see this on Friday night and it did exactly what I wanted it to.

Long week at work, just wanted a decently made film to make me laugh and I wasn't really that bothered if it was a bit predictable (which it was).

Great cast and just made me want to go back to Vegas again.

World War Z

4/10

Could have been good, but in the end it was just rubbish, what was the point in him having a family? It added nothing to the story

Jack from Lost kidnaps them or something and that was supposed to be part of the sequel but it's fallen through I think. It's an absolute mess of a film with so much obviously cut from the final edit. It does have some good set pieces though. The scaled down final scenes, Jerusalem and the plane attack are quite good but apart from that it's poor.

Last Vegas - 8/10

I love seeing Morgan Freeman appear in comedies. In fact, any film with Morgan Freeman does it for me. Also, despite being 39 years my senior, Mary Steenburgen would get it.

Edited by Coooombe

One quality all the Scorsese films share is that you can watch them five times and they get better each time, so re-watch them for best results. I wasn't crazy about Goodfellas the first time I saw it either, but now it'd be in my top 20 or 30 films of all time, and Taxi Driver is one of my favourite films.

Mean Streets, Taxi Driver and The King Of Comedy are my favourite Scorsese films.

I watched The Wolf Of Wall Street last night and I loved every moment, Plenty of humour and some good looking birds.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny