What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I knew someone would ask that and its a brilliant question that i really cant answer with a valuable explanation!

I never give anything 10/10 when it comes to anything and 9.5 is the highest I go too really, I know it sounds stupid. 9.5 is my version of perfection, theres no reason for it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Gangster Squad 9.5/10

Brilliant, loved almost every minute, surely Sean Penn's zenith since at least Carlito's Way. Think Seven Samurai tinged with The Untouchables. The gun shot sounds were neck tingling great in headphones. Thoroughly recommend to you all.

The Act of Killing 8.5/10

Really uncomfortable documentary about the paramilitaries who killed the Commies in Indonesia in the 60s and who are feted as heroes. The gimmick here is that the documentary maker asks some of them to recreate their crimes, which they are very happy to oblige, but in the style of films they like, e.g. American gangster movies, musicals. It makes for some bizarre imagery, weird black comedy but of course the realness of the horrors they committed are always at the forefront of the movie.

I'm watching Knocked Up on itv2. I reckon it should have ended with the child being stillborn and it turns out they didn't need the baby to love each other after all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Marley & Me 1/10

It was honestly like torture. Owen Wilson’s voice is coma inducing and the whole film seems to last about 8 hours.

Can't stand how perfect they are - there's a scene with Jen Anniston reading a scrap book SHE made of his cuttings and saying 'when i read this it's like i have a piece of you for 5 minutes' just f**k OFF WILL YOU I AM IN THE PROCESS OF VOMITING

Edited by Christophe

I watched 28 Days Later last night, pretty good ,I'm a fan of the Zombie /virus thing so I was looking forward to it, I liked the fact the zombies could move quickly like in I am Legend, Cillian Murphy was good as was Chis Ecclestone but for me as usual Brendan Gleeson is the star turn. 7.5/10

is the sequel any good?

I watched 28 Days Later last night, pretty good ,I'm a fan of the Zombie /virus thing so I was looking forward to it, I liked the fact the zombies could move quickly like in I am Legend, Cillian Murphy was good as was Chis Ecclestone but for me as usual Brendan Gleeson is the star turn. 7.5/10

is the sequel any good?

not really,thought the sequal was pretty brutal tbh, but its the type of film that some will love while others will hate

This Is The End - 9/10

Going to join in with the love in. It was absolutely fantastic! I don't think I've ever laughed harder at the cinema.

Quick question though: How does Jonah Hill not get into heaven? I know he asked god to kill Jay, but he was still a good guy before that, no?

Now You See Me

Went to see this last night and quite enjoyed it. Great acting from a start studded cast (Melanie Laurent :wub:) and I enjoyed the storyline up until the end. I liked it in the same way I like the reveal of the plan in the Ocean's trilogy.

I had a real problem with the twist though. They spent the whole film building up Dylan Rhodes character and then all of a sudden he is the one behind it all. There was nothing he did in the film that made you think he was the mastermind, and that's not good. It's as if they just picked a character at random and said "he did it".

7/10

City Heat 6/10

Burt Reynolds plays a private detective ex-real cop in the shit with every gangster in town, ex-partner Clint Eastwood watches from the shadows saving his bacon, comic noir, doesn't really work but entertaining pish.