What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Saw that "The Hangover" was voted the funniest film ever so decided to watch it. I know about delayed reaction but not laughing yet. I have never seen such a pile of Shyte in all my life. The actors spent 3 minutes more than I did laughing and I didn't laugh for a split second. It must be the unfunniest film ever or else I was given a dodgy copy. If you want to spend 100 minutes watching something (I won't even call it a film) where the funny parts consist of guys showing their bums and unforgettable lines like "I've lost a tooth" then this is the film for you. How this film ever got awards is beyond me.

Definitely worthy of a -500,000,000/10

I still feel that in a world where there's no way that anyone has seen every big movie, spoilers need to be put on everything. The Planet of the Apes thing is definitely an exception to the rule, and a surefire sign of moron distributors.

I completely agree with this. For example the Usual Suspects would be completely ruined if someone just posted the ending which is a massive shame if someone hasn't seem it.

The Longest Yard

A remake of the original with Adam Sandler (the only film ive really enjoyed him in tbh)

Its a good laugh, the team sandler has to put together is fucking hilarious at first, the build up to the game is a good laugh, but the best part funnily enough of the film is the actual game itself

Lots of cameo's, lots of characters you know, lots of laughs, chris rock is brilliant

8/10

Saw that "The Hangover" was voted the funniest film ever so decided to watch it. I know about delayed reaction but not laughing yet. I have never seen such a pile of Shyte in all my life. The actors spent 3 minutes more than I did laughing and I didn't laugh for a split second. It must be the unfunniest film ever or else I was given a dodgy copy. If you want to spend 100 minutes watching something (I won't even call it a film) where the funny parts consist of guys showing their bums and unforgettable lines like "I've lost a tooth" then this is the film for you. How this film ever got awards is beyond me.

The Hangover is indeed, shite.

Edited by Dariusz

Philadelphia

First time I've seen this film and it was fantastic. Quite thought provoking, especially with Denzel Washington as the prejudiced African American lawyer. Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor too.

8/10

Edited by lau03143

21 and over. Really funny in places, constantly calling the guy Jeff Chang was awesome. But very similar premise to Harold and Kumar get the munchies....angry asian doctor father trying to make sure his son goes to be a doctor aswell. Son almost misses interview because of drunken antics. 7/10

The Hangover is indeed, shite.

I just thought (and think) it was strange. It's a perfectly serviceable 6 out of 10 comedy. The kind you go to watch in a middle thursday of the month, with a few jokes and forget about it by the Saturday.

I'm always bemused as to what the "X Factor" thing is that elevates these types of film to box office and "you have to see this" acclaim that they don't deserve, whereas other similar films just meander along making a few tens of millions.

The remake of Fright Night. It was better than I thought it would be actually.

Agreed Farrell and Tennant were great in it

Better than Total Recall remake anyway

I just thought (and think) it was strange. It's a perfectly serviceable 6 out of 10 comedy. The kind you go to watch in a middle thursday of the month, with a few jokes and forget about it by the Saturday.

I'm always bemused as to what the "X Factor" thing is that elevates these types of film to box office and "you have to see this" acclaim that they don't deserve, whereas other similar films just meander along making a few tens of millions.

Zack Galifinakis is probably the "X Factor" in the first Hangover. He definitely stood out in that film and separated it from other similar films.

Voted for by who?

Totally agree though, there is one scene where they wake up and they're hungover and they can't remember anything and it is quite funny for 5 minutes(should I have put that in a spoiler?)

The rest is completely contrived and totally unfunny.

I watched the film bridesmaids on the recommendation of a coworker. I haven't spoken to her since

Bridesmaids is a terrific film with some witty writing and great performances. It rightly deserved the acclaim it received.

Must have been watching a different film. I didn't laugh once. And people contracting food poisoning and shitting themselves is not my kind of witty writing