What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

ted -

really funny in parts, some great cameos and one liners. ending was predictable but even then some really funny comments made (not if you are brandon Routh or Taylor Lautner)

Wahlbergs accent begins to grate. by the last 20 mins i was practically willing him not to say much .

8/10

Have you seen the original? I thought that Farrell was better in the role than Chris Sarandon, plus it didn't have the awful Amanda Bearse in it!

Don't watch the sequel from 1988, it was pretty guff!

I actually preferred the sequel. Probably something to do with the female vampire being a total ride and me being a teenager at the time with raging hormones

I also thought Farrell was excellent in the re-make ( although I must stress he didn’t give me a rager, not even a semi )

21 Jump St. 7/10

Quite funny cop comedy about two mismatched friends who go back to high school to bust a drugs ring.

i enjoyed this film more than i thought i would with channing tatum proving to have decent comic timing and ice cube stealing the film in his few scenes - nice little cameo from mr depp as well

tI caught the original Fright Night a few months back(or so) and was pretty disappointed as I was told it was largely better than the remake(which I enjoyed).

I agree that Farrell was a lot better. Tennant was also great. Christopher Mintz-Plasse was also much better than the guy who played his character in the original. I seem to recall the vampire's teeth in the original looked fucking stupid, like it was rows of teeth and it just looked fucking stupid.

Don't know why but I really like that film, I've watched it a good few times.

its shameless no brainer action buddy film with the rock showing why he should have became the no1 action star of the past decade

1343343743[/url]' post='6469792']

Similar to 'Walking Tall' with the Rock and Johnny Knoxville which I also really like.

Lol must admit I really like walking tall and the gridiron gang. Lost me with fast five thoohmy.gif

The Grey ( 2012 )

A very well made movie here. Really gives you a sense of the terror and the conditions that the guys in the movie are going through. Liam Neeson, again, just shows how good he is. Vulnerable, depressed and assured all in the one go, it's far removed from the action hero of Taken. He's helped out by a decent supporting cast. But it's the atmosphere and plot that steal the show, as wolves hunt and rip apart survivors of a plane wreck.

8/10

The Guard ( 2011 )

This tops it though. Sgt. Boyle is a bit of a belting character. Certainly one you can never be sure of. As Don Cheadle points out "You're either really fucking smart or really fucking stupid." ... I lean towards the former. It's helped along by some hapless and at the same time evil villains, which surely must be tongue in cheek. Is there a reason not to go full whammy? No.

10/10

just watched welcome to the jungle for first time in a while - a solid 3* film starring the rock and christopher walken

what is ewen bremners accent all about?

Probably the worst character ever in a mainstream film. An absolute holocaust of a performance.

Decent film though.

Perrier's Bounty - 7/10

Cillian Murphy owes gangster Brenda Gleeson £1000 and has an evening to find it. Really enjoyed this. Jim Broadbent is brilliant as Murphy's dad, who believes the next time he falls asleep he will die and goes to ludicrous lengths including taking cocaine and eating Nescafe straight from the jar to stay awake. Gleeson's good too. His reaction to the revelation that 2 of his henchman are lovers is great.

I've realised i enjoy films set over a short period of time, and this was no different. Definitely recommend it.

Dark Knight Rises - 10/10 - based entirely on a single viewing at the Glasgow IMAX.

I might come back with a different score when I've seen it again on a "normal" screen - but it's a quality film. Tom Hardy really makes it what it is - there's a real sense of menace from him every time he's on screen.

The 25th Reich.

I thought that Ironsky was a strange film but this took the total biscuit.It ends with the promise that there is a follow up film coming to show how it all ends. Unfortunately I will be waiting on tenterhooks to see it.

The Dark Knight Rises ( 2012 )

Right, I think I've got this pegged.

First off, to what I said about Bane not always being understandable. I must have caught that because it was during one of his scenes that I noticed, but then watching again, I realised Zimmer's soundtrack was taking over almost the entire movie. It was ridiculous, and it wasn't just Bane that suffered. Oh, and Bane yapping during his first fight with Batman. Shut the f**k up man.

To the positives. Most of the movie just absolutely flew by. Only the stuff in "the pit" dragged, and oh boy, did that drag, but worth sticking with to get some crucial stuff. I could go on about plot holes, but if I don't get at least one in a movie like this, I'd be disappointed, so yeah, that's another positive. The biggest positive for me, and I believe I've said this elsewhere, is Joseph Gordon Levitt. In a movie where almost the entire cast were on top form, he stole it.

It's not as good as the fantastic Batman Begins for me, but it's better than TDK.

8/10

So I'd go...

Begins - 9/10

TDK - 7/10

TDKR - 8/10

Edited by DomDom