What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Gregorys girl - best Scottish film ever? A laugh from start to finish and moving aswell:re Gregory ending up wi who he's no expecting-she is gorgeous tho-young claire grogan.funniest bit for me is him trying to sneak over playground coz he's late.10/10

"One problem though... the showers, what about the showers?"

"Oh she'll bring her own soap"

"And you'll keep on top of things?"

"Oh aye..."

Watched Tyrannosaur last night.

Hard to put into words, it doesn't pan out how you expect from the first 15 minutes or so. Some very good performances here, especially from Olivia Colman. It's quite bleak in places but well worth a watch. Hopefully more good things to come from Paddy Considine.

8/10

Aye, as far as directorial debuts go, that's a corker. I thought it was fantastic, and agree on Olivia Coleman. She won Best Actress at the Empire Awards as well for it I think, which is a nice wee recognition.

SyFy double feature tonight...

Collision Earth (2011)

The sun turns into a magnetar for some reason, which in turn magnetises Mercury causing magnetic reactions all over Earth.

James (whose wife Victoria is onboard a spacecraft that was orbiting Mercury) has only 18 hours to get a secret government planetary defence system (that he was fired from) up and running before it is too late.

It makes 2012 seem plausible, but it is a fun wee film with some hilarious deaths combined with comical CGI.

5/10

Followed up by Nazis at the Center of the Earth (2012)

Oh God, we've got Jake Busey in this... I fear the worst already!

Will the title be misleading?

It featured James Maxwell Young as Adolf Hitler, James died from a brain tumour last month not long after finishing the film.

I thought Christopher Karl Johnson did a pretty good job playing Josef Mengele, although I loved the surprise that they didn't bring Hitler back to life per se... he became MechaHitler! :lol:

4/10

The Amazing Spider-man

Average, so painfully distinctively average. The action sequences were decent. It is not a patch on Spider-man 2. However, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are much better than Toby McGuire and Kirsten Durst. You do get a sense, that this was wrote with a trilogy clearly in mind due to them teasing some deeper story. Also, the lizard was a CGI mess.

6/10

Edited by Lisandro

A Perfect Getaway ( 2009 )

Actually quite a nifty wee thriller here about newlyweds who are off on their honeymoon to Hawaii. The cast is quite good, and they all turn in a decent shift. Some good spanners in the work are thrown in there from time to time including a cracker. The characters are, on the whole, easy to get into whether it be for bad or good reasons.

8/10

The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)

Amusing spoof, but not funny enough to keep my attention. Was browsing the net and stuff at the same time, as the jokes got a bit repetitive and lasted too long per scene.

6/10

The Stepfather ( 1987 )

Terry O'Quinn stars as a lunatic who murders families because he's a lunatic. There's not much more to it than that, but it's a lot of fun thanks to O'Quinn being fucking brilliant. Clearly a man we don't see enough of. When the unhinging begins there's some top drawer brutality and madness which, I might as well admit, is all I was looking for. Colour me satisfied.

7/10

The Incredible Hulk

Much MUCH better than the Eric Bana version, decent enough plotline which was obviously designed to include the Hulk in further films (not including the Avengers)

The action sequences were top notch, and the cast worked well together

Not my favourite backstory film to the Avengers characters, but still very good nevertheless

8/10

Watched Drive for the second time the other night. Ryan Gosling is good as the brooding hero but I think Bryan Cranston steals the show, one of my favorite actors just now pretty much based on Breaking Bad. The soundtrack is fantastic in this too. Solid 8/10.

Watched Drive for the second time the other night. Ryan Gosling is good as the brooding hero but I think Bryan Cranston steals the show, one of my favorite actors just now pretty much based on Breaking Bad. The soundtrack is fantastic in this too. Solid 8/10.

10/10 for this film - perfect in every way - especially the soundtrack :)

Watched an Irish film last night on iPlayer called "Small engine repairs", the only reason I decided to watch it was that Iain Glenn (Ser Jorah Mormont) was in it. It's basically about a middle aged guy in a small, backwards Irish town trying to become a country singer whilst dealing with some small town problems.

5/10

Worth a watch if you're bored.

Layer Cake 8/10

Had recorded this a while back and decided to watch it last night. Really enjoyed it, some really good twists and turns and good performances all round. Don't want to say too much as to give away any plots but I'd recommend it.

The Stepfather ( 1987 )

Terry O'Quinn stars as a lunatic who murders families because he's a lunatic. There's not much more to it than that, but it's a lot of fun thanks to O'Quinn being fucking brilliant. Clearly a man we don't see enough of. When the unhinging begins there's some top drawer brutality and madness which, I might as well admit, is all I was looking for. Colour me satisfied.

7/10

That's a quality film. Simple, if fairly far-fetched plot and a satisfying ending.

Pulp Fiction

Relived that her choice was something I was up for, she's seriously being Albinified!

Just mind-blowing cinema: as much as it can boast being an ever-present in trivia quizzes and film buff chit-chat, this piece of work has been ever so meticulously structured, beautifully directed, fluently scripted and wonderfully portrayed into a constantly interesting, super-intelligent, deeply philosophical, believable and undeniably cool piece of popular culture that it will go down forever as a classically written masterpiece. I know more than one budding film operative who Pulp Fiction was a huge inspiration for, and if I wrote movies, this would be my benchmark.

10/10

The Five Year Engagement

Saw this last night at the pictures. Another romantic comedy from the people who brought you Forgetting Sarah Marshall/Knocked Up etc. It was pretty dull and generic. It was almost as if the writers had signed a three film deal while only having enough ideas for two of them. The basic premise is that the two main characters get engaged at the start and the entire film is about how things keep getting in the way of them setting a wedding date. There were a couple of funny moments but not enough to sustain a 2hr film and the plot and script seemed contrived and tired. Altogether I was pretty disappointed.

5/10

The Five Year Engagement

Saw this last night at the pictures. Another romantic comedy from the people who brought you Forgetting Sarah Marshall/Knocked Up etc. It was pretty dull and generic. It was almost as if the writers had signed a three film deal while only having enough ideas for two of them. The basic premise is that the two main characters get engaged at the start and the entire film is about how things keep getting in the way of them setting a wedding date. There were a couple of funny moments but not enough to sustain a 2hr film and the plot and script seemed contrived and tired. Altogether I was pretty disappointed.

5/10

It's the same people who brought you Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Nicholas Stoller as director, Jason Segel as writer) but it's not Knocked Up, that's Judd Apatow.