What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Midnight Cowboy, it was on TV in the early hours of this morning.

It was the first X (that's 18 in new money) rated movie to win the Oscar for best picture and has 2 great bits of music on the soundtrack, "Everybody's Talking" by Harry Nilsson and the harmonica playing "Theme from Midnight Cowboy"

An excellent movie.

Please tell me that you are kidding????

The most illogical film I've seen

636033[/snapback]

No, I'm not kidding. How is it illogical? And also, I watched the film for enjoyment, not to study it's scientific accuracies or inaccuracies.

Okay, it's fucking freezing and if we go outside for any length of time we'll die.

So, do we...

A ) Stay in this nice warm building which has fire.

OR

B ) Walk to our deaths

Only 4/5 out of everyone makes the right decision.

Also, the dad should have died hours before he reaches them, but doesn't... despite the fact it was him that said you couldn't go outside!

Guest Tarvie
Okay, it's fucking freezing and if we go outside for any length of time we'll die.

So, do we...

OR

B ) Walk to our deaths

Also, the dad should have died hours before he reaches them, but doesn't... despite the fact it was him that said you couldn't go outside!

637960[/snapback]

But its a movie, if you really wanted fact then you should watch the discovery channel. Most movies require you to leave your brain at the door and enjoy the drama/tension/horror :)

Guest Tarvie
Some common sense wouldn't go a miss though, in a film where natural disaster is the theme.

637982[/snapback]

There is some common sense, they wear snow shoes and big puffy jackets :P

So, do we...

OR

B ) Walk to our deaths

637960[/snapback]

You dont know that you will die, yes some kid says you will but if you think theres more hope in leaving the place you will, instead of listening to a Kid.

The dad was wearing special equipment that would have allowed him to stay out in the temperatures, such equipment that he uses to walk around in the antartcic etc. Normal people wouldnt survive outside, but with the correct equipment you could

Celtic are on it playing Man Utd and "Celtic" are wearing a blue strip.

Theres one reason  :P

638351[/snapback]

Talk about nitpicking :-

a) Most people seeing the movie wouldnt have a clue about that innacuracy and :-

B) Those that would have a clue didnt notice it (ie. me) so there would be very few people in the world that noticed that.

I thought it was a great film, and something that you never know, may infact happen in real life. Yes it is science fiction so im not saying it will, but there is a possibility.

Debbie, you were right ;)

Ocean's 12.

Pure pash.  Not even the eye candy could save it from it's own smugness.

3/10

636976[/snapback]

I was thoroughly disappointed with it.

They really failed to deliver this time round. Goes to show some brilliant films should just be left well alone.

Talk about nitpicking :-

a) Most people seeing the movie wouldnt have a clue about that innacuracy and :-

B) Those that would have a clue didnt notice it (ie. me) so there would be very few people in the world that noticed that.

I thought it was a great film, and something that you never know, may infact happen in real life. Yes it is science fiction so im not saying it will, but there is a possibility.

Debbie, you were right ;)

638362[/snapback]

it was tounge in cheek nitpicking :P

Its the only inaccuracy i noticed in the film and it was only because my celtic fan mate pointed it out, proberly would'nt of noticed it otherwise.

We watched it in my biology class last year as an end of term treat (werent we spoiled!) and my biology teacher kept muttering "rubbish" "wouldnt happen" "unrealistic" all the way through, so i guess for people like biology teachers and geography teachers, they love to criticise this film. just like with braveheart, most scottish people who knew anything about history wouldnt like most bits of braveheart but other people will love it for the entertainment.

Edited by cityfan

• 2 weeks later...