What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Really liked Elephant when I saw it. The sort of film that leaves a huge impression.

Watched 127 Hours on DVD today. Heard a lot about it although wasn't half as gory as I'd thought. A hard job for one person to carry a film on their own like that but James Franco did it admirably. A fairly amazing story that sticks with you afterwards. A lot of Danny Boyle's trademark dreamy shots and amazingly visual colours just added to it. Utah looked incredible.

8/10

Edited by roverthemoon

Potiche (2011). French farce starring Catherine Deneuve and Gerard Depardeui. Light hearted fun and a pleasant enough way to pass an hour and a half. Set in the 70s so great colours and clothes. Spoilt slightly by association with that stupid Orange turn off your phone ad.

6/10

Ive yet to see a Film in 3D that was even remotely worth the extra money and ive seen about 5 so far. I seen The Avengers in 2D and enjoyed it. Its like an extra 4 quid for a darker picture and a couple of crap effects.

Despicable Me was OUTSTANDING in 3D. If a film is well made in 3D it's worth seeing. I've seen a few in 3D now. Up, Beowulf (3D imax) and The Voyage of The Dawn Treader have all been well worth the extra cash. I saw the Lion King, which as been 3D-ised and wasn't impressed. I'd say avoid anything which hasn't been made specifically with 3D in mind.

Avengers Assemble (2012)

Really brilliant film, so much going on - like a Bay CGI-wankfest, but actually good!

Can't give it full points as there were holes in it so big that even the main cause of them (Mark Ruffalo's character) could fit through without touching the sides!

9/10

Unknown

My ex-burd and I bought this last year and never got around to watching it but managed to get a look at it on Monday. Entertaining enough but some things went unexplained.

For example, it was pretty apparent, going by the scene in the art gallery, that Neeson and January Jones were in love...yet Frank Langella explains that they are simply a professional couple and then the film totally ignores the fact that Jones was decimated by the bomb.

I still find it strange that Neeson is considered an action hero of sorts now but he is pretty good at it.

As I said, an entertaining watch but flawed and it'll always be compared to the superior Taken.

6/10

Edited by Armand 2

Kill List ( 2011 )

For the most part, this is quite a gripping thriller. Then it... well, if you've seen it you know. Those initial scenes of the final scene are incredibly unnerving and then it just moves into madness. I absolutely loved this anyways even if I was completely fucked by the end of it.

9/10

Stage Fright (1950)

Definitely the worst Hitchcock film that I've seen. Pretty boring film about a woman who seems to have set up her lover after he goes to tidy up the murder of her husband.

Funny death scene gives it a slightly better mark than it really deserves. That and having the legendary Scottish actor Alastair Sim in it as Commodore Gill.

6/10

The Avengers 7/10.

Quite disappointed actually. Can't quite put my finger on why I didn't love it but yeah I wasn't blown away. Wasn't as funny as folk were making out and it started very very slowly.

Only got really good when they got on the ground and started fighting the forces coming from the portal

The Prestige (2006)

Had to watch this due to the high score on IMDB. Kept me up a long time last night thinking about it.

5/10 if

The Tesla machine did indeed transport and duplicate. Really such a copout ending.

9/10 if

Tesla played Angier into believing the machine worked. When Angier got the machine back to England and found out it was just a lot of pretty lights and again employed a double to perform the illusion. The night he knew one of the Borden twins would be there he had his blind lackies move the tank below the hatch to drown him. He also filled the tanks in the warehouse with dummies.

Yeah, that all sounds like pish so I take it the above answer is correct. What a crock of shit. Just like watching 3 hours of a period drama to have an alien invasion destroy them all at the end.

The Grey 7/10.

Decent flick. Pretty slow at bits but generally a decent watch. Shit myself at it a few times :lol:

Try the recent The Hunter, similar in that it is one man hired to kill wild animals for big corps, but leagues ahead of The Greys standard pishy script and acting.