What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Cabin in the woods - 3/10. Its not what you will think thats for sure, other than that know a few bits are funny but rest is pretty bollox

i think its about a group of kids who to go stay in a cabin in the woods and find themselves being hunted and killed by one or more freaky beings and the government is involved somehow. Is that what you thought it was?

In view of recent centenary of the Titanic sinking I watched "A Night To Remember". Made in 1955 and starring Kenneth More it is a factual account of what happened. Brilliant film, well worth multiple views and I would recommend it to anyone. 10/10

Cabin in the woods - 3/10. Its not what you will think thats for sure, other than that know a few bits are funny but rest is pretty bollox

i think its about a group of kids who to go stay in a cabin in the woods and find themselves being hunted and killed by one or more freaky beings and the government is involved somehow. Is that what you thought it was?

As far as I can tell the trailer gives away any kind of twist it may have had.

It also gives away that it looks utter bollocks.

In view of recent centenary of the Titanic sinking I watched "A Night To Remember". Made in 1955 and starring Kenneth More it is a factual account of what happened. Brilliant film, well worth multiple views and I would recommend it to anyone. 10/10

Great film. It's also funny how much of it is directly lifted and deposited into Titanic.

Yup.

Joss Whedon had it as a game changer. It's not. It's not even close. But it doesn't stop it from being a cracking movie. The trailer does give away a small part of what's going on, but it really is just a minor piece of a much bigger puzzle. It's one of them ones which I'm hesistant reviewing because of what can be given away. I WILL give a rating though.

8/10

The Last Exorcism: Not too bad, another Blair Witch type rip off. 5/10

Watched this on Channel 4 the other night because, well, I cannae mind if it was Total Film or Empire but they had a feature once where one of their writers would offer a controversial opinion on a film then try to justify it.

His was “The Last Exorcism is a far superior film to The Exorcist”. It’s not actually

Interesting premise though. Documentry team filming an evangelical preacher in the deep south as he goes about his business carrying out exorcisms just for the money despite not believing in demonic possession. Liked the bit where he used special sound effects etc to fool the familiy into believing one had actually taken place. Of course when the girl actually does end up being possessed you expect it to get interesting and ramp up a gear but it didn’t and it ended up pretty disappointing. The ending was just daft

4/10

That's good enough for me, was undecided about this but me and the missus will definitely go see it this week.

I've also got Melancholia to watch this week which I'm really looking forward to.

You've basically got two films in one with Melancholia - I loved it.

I went to see Headhunters and Delicacy last week.

Headhunters is a Norwegian film based on the Jo Nesbo novel of the same name. Quite graphic in bits, but very slick and clever. Defintely worth a watch. 7/10

Delicacy is a French film starring Audrey Tatou, which is usually quite a good start. I really enjoyed this too, until the last 5 or 10 minutes. It ended too abruptly for me, ending itself on a metaphor. It was brilliantly paced though, and some of the scenes were really well shot. 8/10

Great film. It's also funny how much of it is directly lifted and deposited into Titanic.

Trying to download the Nazi version :lol: which I wasn't aware of until all the recent guff. Jewish captain who ignores the heroic German 1st officer.

Interesting for comparison if nothing else.

I forgot I had this and Gone Baby Gone until I was tidying up one day. Will give you them back at the play-offs... not been up to Hampden for a while as moving into a new flat the day before the last game of the regular season and need to pay about £3k up front for my rent to avoid referencing and guarantors, etc, being required!

BTW have you seen Hansel & Gretel? Korean horror, not telling the story of the Grimm fairy tale but a similar idea... it's one of those circle horrors that I normally hate, but you enjoy, although this one was really good!

Nae bother, i've got a few of yours as well. Somebody did a review of Hansel and Gretel on here and i thought it sounded good. Like yous say, my kinda film.

Watched this on Channel 4 the other night because, well, I cannae mind if it was Total Film or Empire but they had a feature once where one of their writers would offer a controversial opinion on a film then try to justify it.

His was “The Last Exorcism is a far superior film to The Exorcist”. It’s not actually

Interesting premise though. Documentry team filming an evangelical preacher in the deep south as he goes about his business carrying out exorcisms just for the money despite not believing in demonic possession. Liked the bit where he used special sound effects etc to fool the familiy into believing one had actually taken place. Of course when the girl actually does end up being possessed you expect it to get interesting and ramp up a gear but it didn’t and it ended up pretty disappointing. The ending was just daft

4/10

Took too long to get going for me, The first 45 mins or so were boring as fuck. The ending slightly reminded me of

Kill List

, but nowhere near as good obviously.

5/10

I'm a fan of The Last Exorcism although I do like my found footage stuff, as I've made pretty clear in the past. I liked the way that things just got a little creepier as it went on. The scenes in the barn were fantastic.

It also had something that not many found footage movies have. Doubt of what's going on being the full story.

Joss Whedon had it as a game changer.

I've seen this line before. What is it supposed to mean? I read the plot on Wiki - it sounds so hilariously bad that it might be good.

It means he's redefining the genre. Reinventing the wheel. Pick a phrase, that's what he means.

I don't think it's possible to reinvent the wheel in the horror genre anymore, and to go out and really change things.

It means he's redefining the genre. Reinventing the wheel. Pick a phrase, that's what he means.

I don't think it's possible to reinvent the wheel in the horror genre anymore, and to go out and really change things.

I'd hate it if this became the norm.

The Cabin in the Woods (2012) - I have to rate it on two scales...

Horror - 2/10

Comedy - 7/10

Overall 4.5/10

I knew nothing about the film going in, except what was implied in the title. Expected a horror, but knew it would be a comedy horror at best before the film even started... "Written by Joss Whedon" - Yeah, he wrote Buffy, Angel, Serendipity and Firefly, there's no way this is going to be a serious horror film!

We got to the cinema in Killie ten minutes after the advertised start time... and there was NOT ONE person in the screen! So obviously took the Premium seats, feck sitting in the cheap ones when no-one else is there!

Eventually there was about 8 people in total... 8 too many for this mince!

The Cabin in the Woods (2012) - I have to rate it on two scales...

Horror - 2/10

Comedy - 7/10

Overall 4.5/10

I knew nothing about the film going in, except what was implied in the title. Expected a horror, but knew it would be a comedy horror at best before the film even started... "Written by Joss Whedon" - Yeah, he wrote Buffy, Angel, Serendipity and Firefly, there's no way this is going to be a serious horror film!

We got to the cinema in Killie ten minutes after the advertised start time... and there was NOT ONE person in the screen! So obviously took the Premium seats, feck sitting in the cheap ones when no-one else is there!

Eventually there was about 8 people in total... 8 too many for this mince!

Serenity :P

Haven't posted on here for a while so here's my recent cinema viewing.

In Darkness

A true story from WWII I hadn't heard before. Quite interesting and not too bad. Feels long, but not as long as its huge running time.

7/10

Into The Abyss

Fascinating documentary look at Death Row from most sides involved. I felt it wore on a bit, though some of the moments are very memorable.

7/10

The Cabin In The Woods

Avoided hearing anything about this beforehand. Was then disappointed to discover little more than a Dr Who episode with gore and no Doctor to save the day at the end. I couldn't get into this fantasy bollocks at all and didn't find the gags very funny either.

2/10

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen (I got given a free ticket)

Some films aren't worth watching even when they're free. Absolute guff.

1.5/10

Edited by Satans_Husband