What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

It's a funny one, I'm curious about the love-interest. Without giving too much away I wonder if it will remain faithful to the original story as there was a fair bit of controversy about it.

I know exactly what you're talking about and I was thinking about it earlier when you first mentioned the new film, can't see them doing it but maybe in the second one.

It'd be one helluva twist if they did do it.

Although

It was the Green Goblin who did it rather than the Lizard(who's the villain in this one

Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief (2010)

Cute wee Disney-like film about the Greek Gods. Poseidon's son is accused of being the thief of Zeus' lightning bolt, and he has until midnight at the summer solstice to return it to Mt Olympus.

It's harmless, it's fun, it might be all over the place with some bad acting thrown in there, but can't really complain as it was entertaining.

The scene just after the start of the credits makes it get an extra point. :)

6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

I loved spiderman when I was wee, had figures and videos and all kinds. The Raimi films were okay but not really what I wanted, doctor octopus was pretty spot on though. I just can't really get excited about the reboot as it seems pointless but I'll likely go see it.

Yeah I think Norman Osborn was good as well, Willem Dafoe played him well. I just don't think Tobey McGuire was right. I think Topher Grace(the guy who played Venom in 3) would've done a better job as Peter Parker.

It's definitely way down on my list of films I want to see, I actually completely forgot about it what with Avengers, Dark Knight and Prometheus coming out. I'm even more excited for the Hobbit than The Amazing Spider-man. I'll still totally go and see it though.

I must admit I was surprised at how quickly the series as rebooted but other franchises have been rebooted with the latest versions being much better. Maybe this one will be too. Better see some half naked Emma Stone too! 8)

I love American Beauty, everyone is perfectly cast and I thought the whole movie was gripping from start to finish. One of my favourites. To each his own though!

What is the purpose of the film? I just didn't get all the hype, unless I've blatantly missed the whole point of the film? (sounds possible!)

The Majestic 9/10

This really is one of my favourite films. Carrey is great in it and proves that he can be a serious actor. The film is just a feel good film. Long story short, it's about a man who falls into a river, wakes up on a beach with amnesia and is mistaken for a guy in the small town who went MIA during WWII, he then helps his 'father' re-open the flix - The Majestic. Duno how to use the spoiler tag so won't say any more. Really is a great film and one I can always count on being up for when I can't decide what I want to watch. The 1 point missing is due to the CGI, when they are on the lighthouse it really is pretty poor and is the only let down for me in an otherwise superb production.

Heat 8/10

Just finished watching it there (I'm hard pushed on my nightshifts :ph34r:) Good story I thought and a nice amount of action, not too many that you get fed up, but a nice mix of action and good dialogue. The only let down was that after De Nero and Pacino had their scene in the cafe you knew how the flim was going to end. Slowly beginning to make my way through Al Pacino flims; he really is a cracking actor. I've only saw Donnie Brasco, The Godfather, Scarface and Heat that I can think of, and he has been superb in each of those certainly.

Hanna 2/10

Watched this at the weekend. Bitterly bitterly disappointed after looking forward to watching it for some time. When I read that a father had trained his daughter to become a top assassin I was thinking it would somewhat replicate Assassins Creed in a way - I couldn't have been more wrong! Instead of assassinating people, she spent the majority of the film running away from people! The story was stupid IMO and overall it was just a complete borefest. The only reason I have given it marks is because I thought Saoirse Ronan was once again superb (future Oscar winner IMO, if she can stay away from garbage like this) but even that wasn't enough to drag this piece of garbage through the sh*t.

Edited by 19QOS19

Slowly beginning to make my way through Al Pacino flims; he really is a cracking actor. I've only saw Donnie Brasco, The Godfather, Scarface and Heat that I can think of, and he has been superb in each of those certainly.

He definetely used to be a fantastic actor, but he's decided that he can get away with doing the shouty thing from Scent of a Woman in all his films now.

And don't, whatever you do, watch Righteous Kill because it's got De Niro and Pacino in it together again. It's a truly awful film.

Righteous kill is indeed terrible. It's like they spent the entire budget on getting those two together and paid a couple quid for a script.

Aparently it was originaly scripted for the two younger cops to be the leads, but someone decided that they could shoehorn the two old duffers into it and make a shed load of money off the back of "THEY WUR IN HEAT THEGETHER!!!!!!!!!" advertising. Which I fell for. :(

Watched Stake land tonight, really enjoyed it. A bit different from your usual vampire films and a good horror.

8/10

Wrath of the Titans, what an absolute disaster of a film, Aslan and Raif were good as always but it lumbers along with no real idea where it's going. Big Sam takes about two seconds to be persuaded to abandon the promise that he made to his wife on her death bed, characters appear and disappear and your left wondering who the hell they were and apart from opening a magic door or something similar what their purpose in the film was.

1/10 it gets one just to acknowledge that it

exists.

Blagh

Agree with the above two scores, I watched Stake Land a few weeks back and its a decent watch there has been plenty of films about vampires at the moment and I wasnt expecting much from it. Its a bit more realistic, well for a vampire film, and it has a post-apocalyptic feel which reminded me of the Fallout games a bit. It does fall down towards the end where it abandons what it has been building on to go down the route of "super" vampire which did ruin it a bit IMO. 7/10

Wrath of the Titans is just utter shite from start to finish, the first one was watchable if nothing special but this is garbage. You would think with all the stories and characters available in Greek mythology that they could come up with a decent story with a few decent battles/fights in it. Instead it throws about a dozen different characters into the film and starts off with the usual story of the Titans escaping from their prison, the same story as the recent Immortals film which at least had a couple of decent fights, but by the time the Titans are released there is only about 10 mins of the film left and Hades who has been on the side of the Titans switches sides with no real reason giving as to why. The minotaur and Bubo the golden owl from the original also make random appearances. 1/10.

I also watched Margin Call recently, a film about a bank which realises just on the eve of the credit crunch that things are a bit to hit the shitter. Was surprised at the number of recognisible faces in this film and almost all of them put in a decent performance. 7/10.

Lincoln Lawyer 8/10

Matthew McConaughey is a defence lawyer who is asked to defend Ryan Phillippe who is a real estate rich kid in LA. Legal buffs could probably pick holes and there were certain predictable elements but plenty of twist and turns also. Really enjoyed it after being disappointed with Super 8.

Aye. I was impressed with McConaughey in this. Never seen him in a serious role before. Although he is in one of my guilty pleasure films and he is good in that also. How to lose a guy in 10 days :D

Edited by young_bairn

Watched Drive last night after glowing reviews on here. Thought it was poor, maybe I was expecting too much. Gosling was playing the quiet mysterious character, but all it made me think was that he was bored out his ass through it all. 4/10

Edited by ParT

Watched Drive last night after glowing reviews on here. Thought it was poor, maybe I was expecting too much. Gosling was playing the quiet mysterious character, but all it made me think was that he was bored out his ass through it all. 4/10

This ^

Never got the hype either.

Watched Battleship today and was pleasantly suprised, thought it was brilliant!

Im not a huge fan on action films so wasnt expecting much but thought this had the exact mix if action, humour, originality etc

Special mentions to cast of who i didnt really know any of them. Brooklyn Dekker who is gorgeous and has amazing bouncy boobs throughout. Some retired baseball player who plays a retired army vet, rihanna is suprisingly good and some guy who looks like an albino mentally disabled Matt Damon.

Not sure how critically received the film is but I thought it was a great watch

8/10

After the discussion in the general nonsense sub- forum about hooligan movies. I watched away days again. When I watched it the first time I was quite disappointed with it but I was watching it with my ex who moaned the whole way through it saying it was shit.

This time I thought it was a great movie and the second best hooligan film after I.D. The relationship between Carty and Elvis is interesting with Carty wanting to be accepted into the firm and Elvis hiding his lust for Carty through the film.

8/10