What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Days Of Heaven

The only film by my favourite director that I hadn't seen, and it's one of his better ones.

The acting sets the mood of this drama as well as the direction, and Malick's impressed me once again with a unique voice-over narrative. The 20 year break between this and The Thin Red Line was well deserved.

Cinematography to die for. No doubt his third best film after The Thin Red Line and The Tree Of Life. Misses out on the big 10 because I felt it just lacked that little bit of magic a true masterpiece has sprinkled all over it. There were points when this film had it, but it wasn't as fluent.

9/10

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps ( 2010 )

A worthy sequel to a very good movie. I'm a huge fan of Josh Brolin and once again he just comes across as being cool as f**k, even when he is being a massive dickhead. Michael Douglas is great again as the sort of bitter but better older version of himself. Shia Lebeouf is just not the most likeable of guys in any movie and it doesn't change much here. The plot is just about as solid as the original, and with more subplots which aren't QUITE as interesting, which is what drags it down just a touch. Credit to it though.

7/10

Schindler's List

To keep this quite simple. It's up there with the best of all time, Neeson is absolutely outstanding whilst Fiennes and Kingsley have also got to be mentioned for their roles. Spielberg does some amazing work for this film as well.

10/10

I had a wee chuckle when ghekko got his mobile phone back at the start.

Aye, that was a good wee touch.

A Nightmare on Elm Street ( 2010 )

I always try and give remakes the benefit of the doubt and allow them to be their own movie. This, however, is horrific. The new Kruger's delivery is absolutely horrific, and the face is even worse. The original Kruger was menacing. The new one looks stupid. That was always a danger of making wee changes, so can live with that, but not the delivery. That COULD be helped. Then we come to the other characters, who are basically a bunch of c***s who piss and moan every fucking second. Characters in this sort of movie are rarely happy-go-lucky given the circumstances, but they can be LIKEABLE. Add to that the fact that it just feels like any other teen slasher movie, and loses all of the creep factor that it SHOULD have, and this is very much horrible stuff.

1/10

Unthinkable ( 2010 )

One I hadn't heard of. Terrorist says he has put three nukes in three different cities. Samuel L Jackson has been asked to find out where they are at all costs. The movie appears to be saying something about using torture and what it means. The basic plot is very good though and it's carried out incredibly well. There's some right thrilling moments in there and there's times when you don't know what's coming next. It makes for a very good thriller. Samuel L Jackson's character is the real crown jewel of the piece, although the guy playing the terrorist deserves extra credit, as does Carrie-Ann Moss who makes a brilliant fist of the idealist who doesn't like where the interrogation is going. The final scenes where the title of the movie comes from really is mental.

8/10

Kill List - 2011

Well, as the credits rolled, I just sat there stunned at the final scene, trying to make sense of it all.

I'd need to see it again but it is slowly paced, really well acted, really bloody violent and, well, shocking.

Reminded me of The Wicker Man, Jay was marked out (almost literally by the mark on the back of the mirror) as a possible "recruit" and had to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Not sure what to score it out of 10, would need to see again.

Unthinkable ( 2010 )

One I hadn't heard of. Terrorist says he has put three nukes in three different cities. Samuel L Jackson has been asked to find out where they are at all costs. The movie appears to be saying something about using torture and what it means. The basic plot is very good though and it's carried out incredibly well. There's some right thrilling moments in there and there's times when you don't know what's coming next. It makes for a very good thriller. Samuel L Jackson's character is the real crown jewel of the piece, although the guy playing the terrorist deserves extra credit, as does Carrie-Ann Moss who makes a brilliant fist of the idealist who doesn't like where the interrogation is going. The final scenes where the title of the movie comes from really is mental.

8/10

Just watched this. What an absolute belter of a film biggrin.gif . Samuel L Jackson is brilliant, Carrie-Ann Moss is really good but performance of the film goes to Michael Sheen. Just a superb actor in everything I have seen him in.

DomDom, the bold part I have highlighted had me really wondering wtf was going to happen

Overall 9.5/10

Monsters ( 2010 )

What a movie THIS is. The first thing to note is just how well it's made. It REALLY cranks up the tension, but does so in such a way that leaves you thinking "how was that so tense?" as these scenes tended to just be not much. It's the entire feeling that's created through the movie and this is what makes it's climax such an absolutely awesome thing to watch.

9/10

Me and my mate were talking last night about how good he is at picking his role. Going through his back catalogue i like almost every film he's done.

I watched this last night and would probably agree with your rating. I bought right into it,

and actually forget they were on the plane when they originally "went under". I thought the scenario that had the van hitting the water was "real life".

Quite liked the ending too.

Also, I love Tom Hardy. He's becoming one of my favourite actors.

Watched it loved it,

IM admitting to watchin the proposal last night. The burd asked me to watch it. i obliged. Ryna Renoylds n Sandra Bullock.

Actually pretty funny, Bullock singing 'Get Low' by Lil John n when the 2 run into each other naked were very LOL moments.

Prob watch it again :ph34r:

8/10

Damage (2009)

Action film about an ex-con (played by "Stone Cold" Steve Austin) who is fighting in illegal fights to try and raise $250k to pay for a heart transplant for the daughter of the man he killed in self-defence.

It's surprisingly good, Austin is basically playing his WWE character which works quite well in this film. The characters all develop well throughout the film, and you actually care what happens to all of them.

Plus The Smoking Man from the X-Files shows up along the way as a gangster who leant Austin's manager money.

7/10 - one of the better films starring ex-wrestlers!

Went to see Apollo 18 last night, it was pretty reasonable. Nice to have a horror movie that didn't depend solely on unexpected loud noises to create a reaction to it, I always feel that is akin to paying someone £8 to follow you around with two cymbals for a couple of hours. There was however a couple of walkouts, and the cinema was about half full on its first Orange Wednesday. I think the Glasgow film public might have been looking for something more like John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars.

Very slow, very creepy. Probably best described as (The Thing + The Blair Witch Project = Apollo 18).

7/10

IM admitting to watchin the proposal last night. The burd asked me to watch it. i obliged. Ryna Renoylds n Sandra Bullock.

Actually pretty funny, Bullock singing 'Get Low' by Lil John n when the 2 run into each other naked were very LOL moments.

Prob watch it again :ph34r:

8/10

I've seen this. Sandra Bullock is great. You have to admire someone with the balls to go pick up her razzie award the day she was winning her oscar.