What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Somewhere

Lost in Translation in LA. Only this time it's a disillusioned hollywood actor and his daughter rather than a disllusioned hollywood actor and Scarlett Johansson. Not a lot happpens. I thought it was rather sweet but my girlfriend thought it was rubbish.

6/10

Shutter Island 8/10 - loses marks for being about half an hour too long. Very enjoyable though and keeps you guessing throughout. Di Caprio is again superb in this and is very fast becoming one of my favourite actors. Rarely puts in a bad performance.

No it doesn't. Even on 1st viewing you can tell what the twist is after 5 minutes.

Centurion (2010)

A film about a Roman army sent to take down the Picts, and we all know we kick their fucking arses!

It doesn't come out here until April, but it's flopped badly in America... what a surprise the "bad guy" wins and they don't like it... every Vietnam war film never mentioning who won comes to mind!

It's actually very good, the last remnants of the army are being tracked all over Scotland by a Pictish wraith who was raped and had her tongue removed by the Romans, and has sworn revenge... it didn't help that one of the group killed the Pictish kings son, bad mistake - although if he'd shut the f**k up when they were trying to hide it wouldn't have happened! <_<

It's directed by the guy (Neil Marshall) that done Doomsday, The Descent and Dog Soldiers, so he's used to a dark Scottish style of film, even if he is a Geordie - and you should all know my hatred of Geordie directors, or at least one in particular! :angry: :angry:

Definitely worth watching come April, it is predictable as hell, but to see a film where we get to kick some arse, and bloody as hell - hell the first guy that dies in the film goes for a piss and a Pict shoves a spear right up him! :lol:

8/10

Centurion (2010)

8/10

Just did a bit of google there, seems to think it came out here in April of last year!?

There seems to be a film out this March based on a simelar subject (the roman ninth legion) here. I originally thought when I read your review Centurian was based on a book my mum made me read back in primary school but it turns out is The Eagle instead. The Novel is called The Eagle of the Ninth incidentaly.

Edited by Enigma

No it doesn't. Even on 1st viewing you can tell what the twist is after 5 minutes.

To be fair, I'm not sure that film ever had a "twist" in it. I always thought the film's strongest suit was that it kept layering in a way that was interesting and involving, even though you know fine well what the situation really is.

Just did a bit of google there, seems to think it came out here in April of last year!?

There seems to be a film out this March based on a simelar subject (the roman ninth legion) here. I originally thought when I read your review Centurian was based on a book my mum made me read back in primary school but it turns out is The Eagle instead. The Novel is called The Eagle of the Ninth incidentaly.

Yeah it was April last year, not this year. Damn 2010! It was this one...

Storage 8/10

Aussie thriller about Jimmy who starts work in his uncle's underground storage facility unit, Jimmy discovers a disturbed man is one of the clients and believes he is hiding evidence of a crime in his storage unit, he investigates and discovers a chilling secret, couple of good twists and starring the lovely Saskia Burmeister :wub:

i watched road to perdition for the first time the other night.

it was quite annoying seeing tom hanks playing a merdering mafia enforcer but still occasionally being good old corny tom. the father and son also coped quite well with finding the mum and the other son murdered and then having to leave their corpses to rot. nothing that happened after that really rung true.

on the other hand i love prohibition/depression era stuff and the mid west always looks good on film so it was at least nice to watch.

for some strange reason i feel i need to see there will be blood. i watched 30 minutes of it a while ago and for some strange reason i've been thinking about it all week.

Hangover

Was pretty funny, knew everything was gonna happen but still laughed.

9/10

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Again, was funny, have seen it before but was slightly longer than the Hangover so didn't quite know what was gonna happen. Loved the wee bit at the end with all of the clique talking about the other movies.

8.5/10

Black swan 9/10

Watched this cos I heard it had a sex scene with Natalie portman and mila kunis. Pretty much worth the 9 right there, but it was a really awesome film. Portman has got to be in with a shout for best actress, and the finale was stunning.

Taken (2008)

An entire Albanian prostitution racket, versus a 56 year old man from County Antrim. Never mess with the Celts, stupid Balkan muppets!

Neeson kicks a whole load of arse!

Great fun, predictable as hell but just a father trying to get back his daughter at all costs. And he comes up with the coldest line ever said in a film, "I believe you. But that won't save you." - just before he walks out the room leaving the electricity running through the Albanian!

Maggie Grace plays a 17 year old in this... well she's older than me so that's good going by Cindy Bright and her team (the make up people, IMDb has some useless information!)!

8/10