What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Four Lions - 7/10

Pretty decent but didn't live up to my expectations, considering I'm quite a fan of Chris Morris. A good story and definitely has some funny bits but not brilliant.

The Expendables - 1/10

Only got about half way through before I had to stop. The idea of getting a bunch of older action film stars together sounds good if there's going to be a wee bit of charm or humour to it. But it just felt like all the worst parts of the shitty 80s action films hashed together. Jason Statham is fucking chronic. He's just a grumpy looking shit with no charisma. Micky Rourke thinks he can pull of the wise old guy who comes out with nuggets of wisdom now that he's considered a serious actor but he's ridiculous and just looks like Pete Burns on steroids. And sticking a couple of wrestlers in there? Shite.

I take it that it's becoming cool to just throw insults at Litchieforlife even for no apparent reason now?

I dont know who lichtieforlife is, i do know green street is a terrible terrible terrible film and i hate it forever.

Matrix

Pretty good, not seen it in a while but still stands up. Can't really remember how the other two go in terms of actually logic, only parts are still with me but I only own the third one, not the second mad.gif.

edit: thought I should mention that Hugo Weaving and Larry Fishbourne are two immense actors and their interrogation scene in this was amazing.

7/10

Edited by forehead7

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 8/10

Brilliant film. Reminded me of 'Brick', with snappy dialogue and a pretty cool mystery. The main parts are all played brilliantly, but Val Kilmer steals the show for me. Genuinely funny too, with the scene in the bar when they are comparing variations of Steven Seagal and Joe Pesci a particular highlight.

Definitely recommend it.

One of my favourite films ever. The bit with the roulette gun always has me laughing.

Gangs of New York 85%

For a film that is supposed to 3 hours long, it doesnt half whizz by. Daniel Day-Lewis just steals the show.

I could watch scorcese films all day.

The Expendables - 1/10

Shite.

I couldn't agree more. A truly awful movie; I could probably come up with a more meaningful plot and I'm borderline imaginationless.

The Tourist

A great story, with a super twist. Jolie is hot, Depp is funny, and the settings look fun.

7/10

Animals United

Great if you're under the age of 10! For those of us above, quite fun but nothing special at all.

4/10

Watched Nosferatu on youtube yesterday, fucking horrible, so glad I wasn't around in the 20s. I would give that a 0.

True Romance, on the other hand, was fucking brilliant. I watched it online and it was accompanied by "Quentin Tarantino's Best Film" I was thinking "f**k off no" but I could see how someone would think it. Another one of those films that you look back on and I knew so many of the actors/actresses. Chris Penn, Christian Slater, Christopher Walken, Samuel L Jackson, Brad Pitt, the ginger cop that Phoebe went out with in Friends, The Greek's right hand man in The Wire, Gary Oldman and Dennis Hopper. Not to mention that Patricia Arquette has nice tits.

Just looked on IMDb to see if there was anyone that I missed and turns out Val Kilmar is in it in a role that you don't see the person face fully.

9/10

Catfish

Very low budget US independent documentary. But is it a documentary or a carefully constructed set-up? That's what the main debate is. Most of the enjoyment of this is watching how the story develops/unfolds so it's best not to say too much about what goes on. Basically, a twenty-something photographer is casually filmed by his friends as they'd like to make a documentary on him, with the focus on his online friendship with a gifted eight-year-old painter. His communication then extends to the girl's mother and attractive older sister. After several months, the guys begin to work out that all is not as it seems with this family.

A big mistake was made i the US by marketing it as a thriller. The crux of it is that it's a study of the dependance on and capacity for deception of social networking - whether it's a fake or not. For my money, it's definitely faked although there's a reasonable chance it could have some basis in fact.

It's only 87 minutes so that helps it get a

6/10

Watched loads of movies recently, will go over the ones can remember.

Tron 6/10

Not much in the way of plot, but it really was a joy to watch. Some nice action scenes, but its all about the effects and daft punk. Love the way they change the record in the club when the fight starts.

The day the war began. 5/10

Aussie film where some teens go camping in t'bush and when they come back the asians have invaded. Cue the most unbelievable guerilla war group u will ever see in cinema. Some pretty nice stunts and the main character is hot, but its just so preposterous to see these kids fighting a war.

The other guys 7/10

Found it amusing and enjoyable. Samuel Jackson and the rock make a great cop duo shame they're not in it much. Not so keen on whalberg as comedy actor tho, only funny when he's in a rage.

Good will hunting 7/10

I know its a good movie but I don't like Damon affleck or Williams in it, in fact I hate all the characters. It also has the gayest show down in a bar ever where they out-intellect each other. And the its not ur fault scene. Lol.

Takers 5/10

Watchable, just. Wants to be heat, is closer to gta imo. Matt Dillon is terrible and pointless in it.

Edited by Tamdunk

It must be said that the film Buried does the man trapped in a tight space much better 127 hours but overall it is a solid film.

7/10

I always found back door sluts 9 was the best for man trapped in a tight space

Death Race 2 [V] (2010)

Did everything that the first one did and more, had my favourite actor (Danny Trejo) in it and for only the second time that I can remember he actually survived a film!

Comedy deaths and quality lines, and David "death w**k" Carradine, no longer playing the voice of Frankenstein, at the end was amusing! :lol:

Did everything that could really be expected of a PWSA produced straight to video sequel, and the Dutch chap that directed (normally does WWE films) managed to get a pretty decent cast together for it!

7/10

I just made this up there, but sums it up reasonably well...

10 - flawless for that genre

9 - nearly perfect, but with a small flaw (could be a bad actor, or a plothole)

8 - as for 9, except with more flaws

7 - good fun, not a classic but solid enough for what it is

6 - generic film with a couple of high points but barely more than a pass

5 - standard pass mark, nothing bad, nothing good - just kind of there, or it's an awful film but funny enough to make it pass

4 - watchable, but flawed enough to make it fail

3 - bad, but enough so bad it's good points to avoid a lower mark

2 - utterly horrible, but at least one point to make you think it could improve - even if lasts a second

1 - Spawn

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - part I

Going on the above scoring methodology, I'll give it a 7/10. My arse wasn't going numb at the end of the film, which is a good sign. The last Potter film obviously wasn't as good, as I was squirming around in my seat and couldn't wait to get away. I can't recall what the previous film was called (the one where the old wizzard croaks) but I'd give that one a 4 or possibly a 5 if I was feeling generous.

I went to see 127 Hours this evening.

What a fantastic film. Don't agree with the above comment that it dragged on a bit - I actually think it could have went on for another twenty minutes. Franco is brilliant in it.

I honestly can't think of a fault with it, so it gets a 10/10 from me.

127 hours. 7/10.

Enjoyed this too but since I knew what happens I felt I was just waiting for the sawing to begin. Too many hallucination bits but it must have been a challenge for Danny Boyle to tell the story in 90mins. So enjoyed but not a classic.

The Social Network ( 2010 )

I think some of the praise heaped on it is a bit much, but it's still a highly enjoyable movie though. The cast are absolutely magnificent. I like how they had Mark Zuckerberg coming across as an absolute walloper through the vast majority of the movie. I can't imagine he was too happy about that. :lol: The entire cast was amazing here though. The two brothers are a real highlight, topped off with a wonderful meeting with a lawyer who clearly couldn't give a f**k. Justin Timberlake continues to show how good an actor he is by playing the guy that created Napster. All in all, this is VERY good, but not the perfection some people have made it out to be.

8/10