What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Hurt Locker (2008)

Decent film, quite good in fact, but should never have won the Oscar for two reasons.

1) It was made in 2008

2) 'Up' was far more moving, had better humour and was much more entertaining. I couldn't have cared about any of the characters in this film as they had the colective personality of a wombat.

8/10 - given some interesting characters it would certainly have gone higher!

I saw this years ago and still confuses the hell out of me. Fair enough it does look great but has a bonkers plot. I've seen other Miyazaki films that enjoyed (and understood) a lot more e.g. Howls Moving Castle, Laputa Castle in the Sky and Porco Rosso.

I thought the plot was easy enough to understand, but as I said, there were a few things going on which I didn't quite get. A brilliant movie though. I'm going to get a few more of his DVD's. Fopp were doing a few of them for £7 a piece. Porco Rosso I was recommended, My Neighbour Called Totoro and Ponyo, so they'll be getting bought.

I thought the plot was easy enough to understand, but as I said, there were a few things going on which I didn't quite get. A brilliant movie though. I'm going to get a few more of his DVD's. Fopp were doing a few of them for £7 a piece. Porco Rosso I was recommended, My Neighbour Called Totoro and Ponyo, so they'll be getting bought.

Play.com were doing two for a tenner, but dont know if its still on.

What actually happened, I was drunk, bored, depressed and the fire alarm went off so didn't see x amount of it? Could you stick it in spoiler tags, or a PM, please?

Teenage angst, pretty much.

It's bemused me why this film has received so much criticism, particularly for large periods of the protagonists just sitting about in forests. It's a pretty damn faithful reproduction of the book. It's not like they're going to mess with the story, so I'm unsure as to what these people expected.

Well that's all well and good - but it doesn't necessarily excuse it for being fairly "talky" and unenthralling.

Zone of the Dead (2009)

Serbian zombie film known as Apocalypse of the Dead in the UK, I went on a wee zombie DVD buying spree, and this one jumped out at me... the name aside, containing Ken Foree it was never going to fail!

So many nods to Dawn of the Dead it wasn't true, especially the most blatant paraphrasing of "when there's more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth"!

The acting and dubbing was fucking awful despite it being a good fun zombie movie, so it needs to lose a bit for that, but for look on Ken's face when he had to say the rip-off of the most famous line in horror film history was priceless... and the relief when he finally got to call one a "zombie" b*****d!

Great fun if you've seen as many of these as I have, it wouldn't have the same effect if you don't love the Romero hexology!

6/10 - would have been 7 but for the horrific dubbing! Planning a sequel for 2012 called Wrath of the Dead, thankfully they will keep the legend of Foree as part of it!

Edited by SaltyTON

Play.com were doing two for a tenner, but dont know if its still on.

Thanks. They still are. I'll be abusing that next week.

Pokémon: Jirachi - Wish Maker (2004)

I absolutely love Pokémon. I absolutely hate this movie. What absolute pish. It started off ridiculously slowly with the narrator narrating for about five minutes. The plot was shite and the characters were shite. Everything that happened was shite. There was a wee twist at the end, which made things a little exciting, but they exeggcuted ( ;) ) it poorly. They should have just had this as an episode rather than a film because they wasted so much time faffing around with fillers to take up time. I am actually so disappointed. :(

Simply because it's Pokémon I'll up the rating a little, but it really doesn't deserve it.

3/10

Edited by Smurph

Kick Ass

Absolutely brilliant! As original a take on the super-hero film as you're going to get these days. Hit-Girl is one of the best characters I've seen in a film in ages, an 11 year old girl who swears like a trooper probably kills around 25 people in the film with extreme violence.

10/10

Kick Ass

Absolutely brilliant! As original a take on the super-hero film as you're going to get these days. Hit-Girl is one of the best characters I've seen in a film in ages, an 11 year old girl who swears like a trooper probably kills around 25 people in the film with extreme violence.

10/10

You should read the comic, if you think the film is a ten then the comic's a 15/10

JOKER DOSN'T WATCH MOVIES AS A RULE!!!laugh.gif!!!!

JHAHAHA I JUST STAND IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR FOR AN HOUR AND AHALF....CRACKING MYSELF UP!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

HEHE

IMAGING SUCH CLASSICS AS: CARRY ON JOKING, 12 ANGRY JOKERS, JOKE...(HOHOHHOH SORRY BACK ON TRACK JOKER)...BUSTERS AND JOKEBUSTERS 2, JOKER AND THE BEARST, LORD OF THE JOKE®S laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

HAHAH HO HO

THSE ARE THE MOVIES PLAYING IN MY HEAD!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Watched the Hitcher on STV last night. Haven't seen the original.

Wasn't too bad, guessed the story and how it was going to go quite early on.

Didn't really believe Sean Bean and his accent was poor.

5.5/10

Bought and watched Jingle All The Way for an absolute bargain £2 in Tesco the other day.

Brilliant film, even if Anakin Skywalker dude's face really annoyed me. Classic.

8.5/10

into the wild

one of the best films i've seen, i really enjoyed it. reminds you that life isn't all about money and in the end having a great job isnt the most important thing. i'm a sucker for films based on true stories (and from what i've read, this is doesn't deviate much the real thing) so the chances were that i was going to enjoy it.

after reading up on the story afterwards, it turns out that there was a hand-cart used for crossing the river only 1/4 of a mile up from where he fell in.

9/10

Watched the Hitcher on STV last night. Haven't seen the original.

Wasn't too bad, guessed the story and how it was going to go quite early on.

Didn't really believe Sean Bean and his accent was poor.

5.5/10

The original is definitely better although I liked the slight twist on the story in the remake I would give it 7/10 as it was a decent take on a classic... the sequel however is fucking rotten! It's 17 years on, and with the original Jim Halsey (C Thomas Howell) but it's obviously a different 'hitcher', this time Jake Busey who is awful in the role.

Rutger Hauer is the real deal, and I know if I saw him hitching there's no way in hell I'd even slow down!

Edited by SaltyTON