What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's a hard one to score. Taking it as a film in general I'd say 7/10 but as a dramatisation of the book 5/10 because they completely rewrote bits and added new scenes un-necessarily.

My girlfriend enjoyed it more than me, and she's never read the book - she just wanted to see the "cute robot thingy" though.

Liam

I watched Downfall at the cinema last night. If you like your history, it's definitely worth seeing. Hitler is brilliantly portrayed by Bruno Ganz as an abhorrent human being devoid of concern about humanity and completely out of touch with reality. According to some critics, the film panders to the tendency of Germans to see themselves as victims of Nazism rather than Germany's 'willing executioners'. If you do watch it, go see it with your eyes open to the possibility that many of the individuals, with the obvious exceptions of Hitler and Goebbels, are perhaps portrayed rather too sympathetically.

Despite the above caveat, it is a gripping film and once again should make us all wonder why the German people fell under Hitler's thrall.

Edited to add a score of 9/10. ;)

Edited by maxwelltown boy

I watched that film Collateral last night. Well tried to watch it anyway. Had high hopes but lost all interest about half way through. Fairly predictable, Tom Cruise is very difficult to take as a villian......

5/10

:rolleyes:

21 grams. Drivel.

3/10 because Naomi Watts gets her tits out and has fabulous nipples. That is all.

493611[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's what films are all about mate ;)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

That's what films are all about mate ;)

493629[/snapback]

Indeed!

I should hopefully have an answer for you this evening on your query re: Sat night Dave. ;)

Indeed!

I should hopefully have an answer for you this evening on your query re: Sat night Dave.  ;)

493633[/snapback]

Good stuff sir, cheers :)