What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Social Network - 6/10

See I'm just not sure about that film, what exactly can they make a film about someone creating a website?

Usually films about geeks creating websites usually end up as pretty brutal horrors, but I can't see that happening... so what is it really about?

See I'm just not sure about that film, what exactly can they make a film about someone creating a website?

Usually films about geeks creating websites usually end up as pretty brutal horrors, but I can't see that happening... so what is it really about?

It's a comedy that see's Mark Zuckerberg (Eisenberg) screw over almost everyone he meets to make his fortune and the nasty way he does it/led. Decent film, overhyped.

Enjoyed Machete as well although I'd urge anyone who's wanting to take it seriously not to watch it as they'd only be disappointed. It's nonsense at times, and mental almost all of the time.

7.5/10 I'd go for, with extra points for the parts you've included in the spoiler.

It's cause it's a B-movie so it's supposed to have the ridiculous moments and poor(er) production value.

Small Spoilers:

There's the sub plot in that Zuckerberg kind of stole the idea and then forced his friend, who initally funded the idea, out of the picture so he gets sued by two. You see parts of the deposition.

It cost $20 million, no way that can be called a budget movie!

It's a B-movie in that the production value is similar. Have you seen Grindhouse(Planet Terror or Deathproof) Those are both B-movies, yet have Bruce Willis, John Leguizamo, Kurt Russell, Naveen Andrews and Jeff Fahey(the latter both after Lost fame) The cast of Machete would take a massive chunk of that $20 mil, especially since it has Trejo, Alba, Lohan, Seagal, Fahey, Marin and Rodriguez.

Skyline

Very, very poor. I wasn't expecting much to be honest, other than a mindlessly-enjoyable film about alien invasion.

This tries to take the good bits from Cloverfield, Independence Day and War of the Worlds and fails on all counts. Unsympathetic characters (the first half-hour of the film seems solely to establish the fact that almost all the main characters are c***s) and lousy plot-holes (

the military has just seen thirty-foot high monsters and alien spacecraft destroy an entire city, yet decides to airdrop three (three!) snipers on top of a building from a helicopter :blink:

) make this a terrible film.

I'd give it a 3/10, if only because some of the special effects are decent enough, in particular the shots of thousands of bodies being abducted at once.

EDIT: Hmm, putting spoiler tags in brackets messes up the formatting a bit :(

Edited by Gaz

Righteous Kill.

The thought of Pacino and De Niro together in a film genuinely made me want to watch this but it was a real disappointment. When it came to the last half hour I had already worked it out and to be honest, I didn't really give a fuck.

3/10

Dreadful film. The scenes with the two old codgers working out in the gym were unintentionally hilarious though

Goodfellas

10/10

Not a bad moment in this film. Only the third time I've seen it and it gets better every time for me. Says on the back of the DVD 'the best mob film of all time' - I disagree. This is the best film of all time. I rate it that highly.

Goodfellas

10/10

Not a bad moment in this film. Only the third time I've seen it and it gets better every time for me. Says on the back of the DVD 'the best mob film of all time' - I disagree. This is the best film of all time. I rate it that highly.

Not a big fan of Mafia films, but agree it's by far by far the best of it's kind.

Note: I've not seen the Godfather II, is it up there with it?

Goodfellas offers so much more than the Godfathers for me, there's so many elements to it. You have a real sense of fear in the Joe Pesci character, he's so unpredictable. You feel yourself drawn towards Ray Liotta just as Lorraine Bracco is. She knows he's bad news but the appeal of that lifestyle is too much. I found myself grinning from ear to ear in the scene where Henry takes Karen out for their first date and he's shaking hands with everyone, getting tables moved for him, how could anyone not love that? De Niro in the scene after the heist when he is chastising the henchman for buying a car with the money is also classic stuff, there's almost a touch of dark humour about it. The music is awesome as well. My favourite scene of all is the car scene when he's off his face on ching. Liotta captures the panic of cocaine abuse magnificently well in my opinion.

An excellent, excellent movie.

It's a B-movie in that the production value is similar. Have you seen Grindhouse(Planet Terror or Deathproof) Those are both B-movies, yet have Bruce Willis, John Leguizamo, Kurt Russell, Naveen Andrews and Jeff Fahey(the latter both after Lost fame) The cast of Machete would take a massive chunk of that $20 mil, especially since it has Trejo, Alba, Lohan, Seagal, Fahey, Marin and Rodriguez.

I know its supposed to be ridiculous, I wasn't finding issue with that. I just know that some people will watch it and say "that was pure stupid and ridiculous". I enjoyed the madness personally and didn't take it too seriously.

With regards to previous posts, Goodfellas is one of my favourite films. Its up there in the all-time list with the Godfather Pt II for me.

Righteous Kill.

The thought of Pacino and De Niro together in a film genuinely made me want to watch this but it was a real disappointment. When it came to the last half hour I had already worked it out and to be honest, I didn't really give a fuck.

3/10

Yeah, I noticed this was on the other night and remembered how poor it was. But it reminded me that I had bought Heat on BluRay and hadn't watched it yet. Had a stinker of a cold this week so been resting and watching a few DVDs and BluRays.

Heat - 9/10

Fantastic film with Pacino and DeNiro at their best. The shootout after the bank robbery is fantastic and I can't think of a better one that I have seen. A long film but not noticeable as always something happening.

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10

I have worked my way through the trilogy on BluRay and I think they are excellent. The fight scenes are very understated and filmed well and seem very realistic. I think Damon plays the part very well snd Bourne has to be my favourite 'spy' character. Bond doesn't do it for me but I accept that Bond films are meant to be more family friendly.

The Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10

I have worked my way through the trilogy on BluRay and I think they are excellent. The fight scenes are very understated and filmed well and seem very realistic. I think Damon plays the part very well snd Bourne has to be my favourite 'spy' character. Bond doesn't do it for me but I accept that Bond films are meant to be more family friendly.

The Bourne trilogy is great, IMO Supremacy is best then Ultimatum then Identity.

The Bourne trilogy is great, IMO Supremacy is best then Ultimatum then Identity.

Yeah, would probably agree with you there. Think they've got a great balance with the spy technology, fighting/violence and the personal dilemma of Bourne. I also love the whole secrecy environment within the CIA etc. Everyone screwing everyone else!

I also think Franke Potente is great. Shame they had to kill her off so early in the Supremacy, but it was a pretty important plot factor!