What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

44 Inch Chest - 8/10

A lot of the criticism i've read directed at this film has to do with "too much dialogue" and not enough actually happening. I think that works brilliantly here. Most of the real "action" is shown in flashbacks, and the rest is 5 guys in a room talking about everything, mainly how to deal with the guy tied to a chair.

The dialogue makes the film.

When Ray Winstone decides to let his wife's lover go, John Hurt, in sheer disbelief, says; "Let him fucking go!? Why not just have a fucking whip round for the cunt as well!?"

There's plenty of swearing, but it never seems forced.

I liked all 5 main characters (played by John Hurt, Ray Winstone, Ian McShane, Tom Wilkinson and Stephen Dillane) but the relationship between John Hurt's old school Peanut, and Ian McShane's charismatic homosexual Meredith, is exceptionally good.

Well worth a watch.

Aladdin. Haven't seen this for years And I'd forgot how good it was. Disney at the top of their game and good old fashioned 2d hand drawn animation (with the computer generated stuff just starting to creep in, the flying carpet being the most obvious). Robin Williams. Being funny!!!

All in all a great feel good movie. 9/10

And is it wrong that Princess Jasmine is sexy?

Aladdin. Haven't seen this for years And I'd forgot how good it was. Disney at the top of their game and good old fashioned 2d hand drawn animation (with the computer generated stuff just starting to creep in, the flying carpet being the most obvious). Robin Williams. Being funny!!!

All in all a great feel good movie. 9/10

And is it wrong that Princess Jasmine is sexy?

Quality! Did you ever play the Aladdin game on the SNES. Even better than the film.

Machete 8/10

Two words; Aw yeeeaaahh

Slightly more words: if u saw the grindhouse trailor for machete and wanted to see the whole film u won't be disappointed. if u didn't see the trailor but like violent Robert rodriguez films ull also dig it.

Iron Man 2 ( 2010 )

There's certainly lots to like about this. Robert Downey Jr is even better here than he was in the first one, as an almost desperate and downbeat Tony Stark, not sure how to take his current predicament. It's more his story than anything else, but to be fair it's a good story. Plus, there's plenty of good action to go around, but it doesn't really feel that we see enough of Don Cheadle or Mickey Rourke during this movie. The big climatic scenes could have meant much more than they did had there been more of them. It's still decent stuff though.

6/10

Just finished watching Enemy at the Gates on More4.

A very, very good movie. Saw it a few times.

About a Russian and German sniper going head to head against each other during the battle of Stalingrad.

9/10

I heard it was essentially a rip off of Identity?

That's what it reminded me off, I mentioned it earlier but couldn't remember which film it was.

It was pretty similar but Shutter Island is definitely a better film.