What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I had Wrong Turn 3 on in the background last night.

Pretty pants like and even I could have made the hill folk more menacing. Some of the deaths were quite cool though.

3/10.

Similar to you, I had Dungeons and Dragons 2 on in the background as I tried to fall asleep.

It worked.

Utter mince!!!

I had Wrong Turn 3 on in the background last night.

Pretty pants like and even I could have made the hill folk more menacing. Some of the deaths were quite cool though.

3/10.

Funnily enough I decided to watch this last night expecting it to be utter mince. I was not at all disappointed!

Pretty sure I had seen the 1st one but was not aware of any sequels.

As mentioned, some of the deaths were funny but that was about it.

However, i did enjoy it but only because I was in the mood to watch something really shite. And it was.

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009) (V)

I downloaded this one this afternoon, but having seen the last straight to video one, I had no expectations of this film.

Straight off you could tell it was going to be better than the last one, even if the first couple of CGI deaths are ridiculously badly done. Albeit they involved a decent amount of imagination.

The deaths throughout, whilst predictable as hell, were all pretty funny and made up for the horrific 90 minutes of shit that was Wrong Turn 2: Dead End.

I always find it quite funny how many Bulgarian people look like the hillbillies, as they almost always seem to be Eastern European!

I thought the young British lad that was the lead did a great job, and will probably go on to have a decent career in Hollywood now that he has got the low budget horror and the Bill out of the way. Look out for him in Flight of the Swan with the gorgeous Alicia Witt (Zoey from Cybill) and the hilarious Colm Meaney.

5/10 - more than just watchable, a great improvement on the second one.

I watched 2 films with the wean yesterday

Bolt

Really enjoyed it. Typical animation stuff and a lot of funny lines in it

7/10

Robin Hood (animation)

Loved this when I was a kid. First time the wean had seen it and she loved it.

None of the CGI stuff in this film.

A slightly biased 8/10

Both were on the Disney Cinema channel fwiw

The expendables 6/10

An enjoyable romp with some.decent action scenes, but not really capturing the glory days of 80s and 90s. Stallone is just too old to be running and jumping about like that. Worth a watch if u don't want to exert yourself and enjoy action flicks.

Robin Hood 7.5/10

I like ridley Scot films, felt this was well done, easy to watch and get in to. The battle scenes weren't as epic as some films, but at least it wasn't all CG battles.

Thought they tried too hard to make the young king unlikeable as a result I kinda liked him. In fact the villains did seem a bit 1 dimensional, but hey there you go.

Well worth a watch.

Lisa, Lisa (1977) aka Axe

This was banned until being released uncut in 2005.

I have no idea why it was banned, as very little happens at all. The acting is horrific, the murders laughable and the soundtrack (despite a review on IMDb saying it should be enshrined on TV, doesn't seem to exist (I didn't notice any music aside from the typical creepy noise that is in every 70s horror film).

The film starts with the titles saying "Introducing Leslie Lee". She did a voiceover for a TV film in 1981, and nothing else. Great career move!

Just awful, last just over an hour, but even that feels like a lifetime!

1/10

Deep Rising (1998)

This film is so ridiculous, it makes Die Hard 4 seem truly realistic!

But yet, if you made it through the tedious first half hour, you were in for some unrealistic gold. Comedy value from the second they get on the cruise liner. Oh, and Famke Janssen is in it to make up for several horrible bad guys who will bore the crap out of you!

You spend ages thinking it is a shark or an octopus that's trying to kill them, then realise it's an ancient sea creature that's normally the size of pencil, but at great depths can become massive, grow multiple heads and tries to drink people alive. It's just so ludicrous that it's almost brilliant.

Harrison Ford was meant to be in this, but he pulled out so shockingly the budget was cut dramatically down to $45m. It made £11m in the States so I reckon that pretty much makes it a pretty expensive flop...

In reality it's an abysmal film, but for some of the comedy deaths and the watchability of it, I'll give it a decent enough pass.

6/10

Having checked on what the guy [stephen Sommers] has also made (GI Joe, all the Mummy films and van Helsing), I'm not surprised that was so over-the-top! I also feel quite disheartened that I've seen SEVEN of the EIGHT films this guy has directed up until now!!

Edited by SaltyTON

Finally got around to watching Shutter Island. Having heard there was a twist and read the back of the DVD cover, I'd sussed what it was before I stuck the disc in the player, but it didn't actually detract from what was a great film. Leo DiCaprio just seems to get better with each film he's in.

With the talk of "experiments" part of me was expecting the baldy guy to turn out to be a Dr Moreau type of character though.

8 out of 10 - points taken off because it was a fairly long film and my bottom went numb.

The Town

A Ben Affleck written/directed/starred in film. His previous directing outings were quite good so i had high hopes for this. I wasnt let down. Terrific movie about a group of bank robbers with a little bit of romance and treachery thrown in. Kinda reminiscent of Heat without the big stars although the cast were really good. Very difficult to describe it in just a few words but was a quality film

8.5/10